Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Notts Look Up Week End Extended

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robin

Robin Report 30 May 2004 12:44

Census-CMDs-Directories Inc Nottm Street 1920. Hucknall (Torkard) 1930 s Street Index.Keep them coming.

Linda

Linda Report 30 May 2004 13:02

hello Robin, i am not sure if you can help me or not. i am looking to find where my grtgrandparents lived when they died in 1927. i know i can order their death certs but if you can help i would be most gratful. linda

Robin

Robin Report 30 May 2004 13:12

If they were in the city 1920, I can check for the name.

Linda

Linda Report 30 May 2004 13:16

Robin, they lived somewhere in Bulwell at the time. their names were William and Sarah Timson.(which i should have told you first, sorry). linda

Robin

Robin Report 30 May 2004 13:30

Linda Sorry, No trace .Bulwell area.

Linda

Linda Report 30 May 2004 13:40

hi Robin, thanks for looking for me, i dont know where they lived then. i know they died in bulwell, maybe they lived with someone else. nice of you to look. linda

Beverley

Beverley Report 30 May 2004 14:03

Hello Robin could you please look on your census for 1861 John Davis/ Davies born nottingham c1840 on 1881 his age is given as 38 he died somewhere between 1881/1891. i know he had a brother Thomas not sure when he was born age in 1891 is 41 and in 1901 age is 49 there father was called james sorry it's not much to go on but thats all info i have. also could you look in your directories for John william davis wife rose/rosetta living in nottingham. thank-you for this very kind offer of help Regards Bev

Robin

Robin Report 30 May 2004 14:19

Beverley Where are they living in 1881. I need to narrow down the area they were born if possible. Is it Nottm City?

Beverley

Beverley Report 30 May 2004 14:24

Hi Robin on 1881 census john davis was living at 8 milner yard nottingham st mary,nottingham with wife eliza and children owen, clara, john william, thomas, and alfred Bev

Beverley

Beverley Report 30 May 2004 14:31

Hi Robin when john married in 1870 he was living at mount east street and in 1876 when his son john willam was born they were living in stagg court hope this is more help to you BEV

Linda

Linda Report 30 May 2004 15:16

Hi Robin, could i ask for another favour please. could you look for Lily Scott living in Bulwell in 1920, if you find her could you see who she was living with. thanks. linda

Christine2

Christine2 Report 30 May 2004 15:51

Hi Robin - I have just seen your message and I wonder if I am too late to ask. When you were kind enough to look for Harry Smith and Martha Smith in Bulwell for me previously, did you mean that you had looked in 1920? If not could I PLEASE PLEASE ask if you could do that for me now. By 1920 they should have a 16 yr old daughter Lilian May and an 11 yr old son named Thomas Harry and possibly a son Jack (older) may have left home. Would love to know where they were living and with what children etc. Thank you - Chris Smith p.s. in 1909 I have them living at 27 Kett Street in Bulwell. p.p.s. It is their ages that I am particularly interested in so that I have a better chance of finding their marriage. Thanks again Chris

Robin

Robin Report 30 May 2004 16:14

Christine I have looked previously and Kett Street is not listed.Every Street is listed until the city outskirts when only the main ones are listed seperately. Sorry.

Robin

Robin Report 30 May 2004 16:16

Linda Please see above message. Listed are the head of household only, not the family. The only Scott listed in Bulwell is Charles King Scott , 112 St Albans Road,

Robin

Robin Report 30 May 2004 16:17

Beverley I have e mailed you with a couple of possibles.

Linda

Linda Report 30 May 2004 16:34

thank you Robin for taking the trouble to look. linda

Christine2

Christine2 Report 30 May 2004 16:42

Thanks very much Robin - I knew that you had looked for something for me - Thank you for your time. Cheers Chris

Christine2

Christine2 Report 30 May 2004 16:46

SORRRRRRYYYYY - It's me again. My Husband Graham has just informed me that he thinks that they lived on Merchant Street in later years. I think that is more of a main road. Could I be a REAL nuisance and ask if you could look for Harry Smith on Merchant Street please. Thanks Chris

Robin

Robin Report 30 May 2004 17:05

Christine Sorry still no trace. I think you will need an electoral roll.

Christine2

Christine2 Report 30 May 2004 17:09

Thanks Robin. How do I get to see an electoral role please? Cheers Chris