Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any one want any cenus hunts done Part 3

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Nov 2005 21:11

part 2 is too long same as before - here,NOT Private messages. request on the old thread = your reply is there too. jess

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 28 Nov 2005 21:21

hi jess, just posted a thread to ask for some help in my search for the marriage of a robert goodlass and a margaret? about 1879 80,margaret was born in scotland c1849,robert was born in lancashire c1842,they are on the 1901 census living in toxteth park liverpool with 3 children the eldest being 20yrs old cant find the marriage on 1837 wondering if they where married in scotland?can you help?i would be gratefull for any info thanks suexx

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Nov 2005 22:19

Suzanne sorry cant do Scotland cant imagine any of these are very likely View Record Goodlass, John Robert 1903 June Marriages Skirlaugh East Riding of Yorkshire View Record Goodlass, Robert 1838 September Marriages Beverley (1837-1937) East Riding of Yorkshire View Record GOODLASS, Robert 1841 June Marriages Driffield East Riding of Yorkshire View Record GOODLASS, Robert 1866 June Marriages Scarborough East Riding of Yorkshire North Riding of Yorkshire View Record Goodlass, Robert 1868 September Marriages Driffield East Riding of Yorkshire View Record GOODLASS, Robert 1869 December Marriages Mile End Old Town London Middlesex View Record Goodlass, Robert 1882 June Marriages Hull East Riding of Yorkshire Humberside

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Nov 2005 22:22

Lynn delete the other one! 1881 Arthur Haws abt 1852 Spalding, Lincoln, England Head 1 Malting Square, Spalding, Lincolnshire, England Bentley H.Kirby Haws abt 1875 Oundle Son 1 Malting Square, Spalding, Lincolnshire, England Priscilla Haws abt 1860 Boston, Lincoln, England Wife 1 Malting Square, Spalding, Lincolnshire, England 1891 cant see him -------------------------------------------------------------- possible marriage View Record Haw, Bentley 1898 March Marriages Nottingham Nottinghamshire View Record Winkley, Annie 1898 March Marriages Nottingham Nottinghamshire Record Type: Marriages Quarter: March Year: 1898 District: Nottingham County: Nottinghamshire Volume: 7b ---------------------------------------- 1901 he's married & dropped the kirby Annie Haw abt 1871 Spalding, Lincolnshire, England Wife Spalding Lincolnshire Bentley Haw abt 1875 Oundle, Northamptonshire, England Head Spalding Lincolnshire Gladys Haw abt 1900 Spalding, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Spalding Lincolnshire think the address is wensover Rd occupation Blacksmith

Kym

Kym Report 28 Nov 2005 22:30

Hi Thankyou for your kind offer I'm looking for Theophilius Henry HAstings Needham born about 1833 in Berkshire ( he died 1895 in Leic.) also a Francis HAstings Needham born 1798 in Leic ( he died 1876 LEic) Very interested in finding information on Hastings family in Leicestershire Thankyou Kym

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Nov 2005 22:44

KYM have you found either on any census at all- i'm struggling with either

Linda

Linda Report 28 Nov 2005 23:36

Hi Jess, Thank you for looking for the two missing Morgan's. Have you any suggestions on how I might find them. Kind regards, Linda.

Mavis

Mavis Report 29 Nov 2005 00:23

Jess, Thanks for the offer, I am looking 1851 census for Hannah Marie INMAN born 1826, 1853 she was living Brayton near Selby the problem I have not sure of her place of birth it could either be Reeth or Hutton Buscel/Scarborough her father William INMAN was gamekeeper and married in Reeth. Her sister Jane Sophia INMAN born 1820 Grinton in 1852 she was living Cold Hills? in Saxton. Regards Mavis

The Bag

The Bag Report 29 Nov 2005 08:25

Not really Linda , no - I tried all my theories!

The Bag

The Bag Report 29 Nov 2005 08:37

mavis 1851 Hannah Inman abt 1827 Hutton Bushell, Yorkshire, England Daughter Saxton cum Scarthingwell Yorkshire Jane Inman abt 1795 Reeth, Yorkshire, England Wife Saxton cum Scarthingwell Yorkshire William Inman abt 1792 Reeth, Yorkshire, England Head Saxton cum Scarthingwell Yorkshire her father is a game keeper address; cold hall

The Bag

The Bag Report 29 Nov 2005 09:05

View Record Alexander Mattick abt 1895 Radstock, Somerset, England Son Radstock Somerset View Record Elizabeth Mattick abt 1870 Radstock, Somerset, England Wife Radstock Somerset View Record Robert Mattick abt 1870 Radstock, Somerset, England Head Radstock Somerset address 17 Frome Rd but...he is a LIVERY STABLE proprieter!! (both have 4 legs i suppose!) ------------------------------------------ possibly his marriage Ash, Elizabeth 1893 December Marriages Clutton Somerset Mattick, Robert Henry J 1893 December Marriages Clutton Somerset Record Type: Marriages Quarter: December Year: 1893 District: Clutton County: Somerset Volume: 5c Page: 998 ------------------------------------------- cant see 1891 ---------------------- 1881 with his mother Annie Found abt 1866 Shepton Mallet Servant Railway Hotel Wells Hill, Radstock, Somerset, England Elizabeth A. Mattich abt 1845 Welton Midsomer Norton Head Railway Hotel Wells Hill, Radstock, Somerset, England Fredick Mattich abt 1872 Radstock Son Railway Hotel Wells Hill, Radstock, Somerset, England Robert Mattich abt 1869 Radstock Son Railway Hotel Wells Hill, Radstock, Somerset, England his mother in the landlady/innkeeper ---------------------------------------------- 1871 brings in dad Ellen Chivers abt 1857 Radstock, Somerset, England Servant Radstock Somerset Elizabeth Mattick abt 1843 M Norton, Somerset, England Wife Radstock Somerset Robert Mattick abt 1869 Radstock, Somerset, England Son Radstock Somerset Thomas Mattick abt 1840 M Norton, Somerset, England Head Radstock Somerset father was beer seller ------------------------------------------------------------ His wife to be in 1871 (Roberts) - with her parents Allan Ash abt 1864 Radstock, Somerset, England Daughter Radstock Somerset Elizabeth Ash abt 1869 Radstock, Somerset, England Daughter Radstock Somerset George Ash abt 1870 Radstock, Somerset, England Son Radstock Somerset Joseph Ash abt 1838 Blandford, Dorset, England Head Radstock Somerset Lucey Ash abt 1840 Wellow, Somerset, England Wife Radstock Somerset Louisa Dando abt 1859 Radstock, Somerset, England Servant Radstock Somerset her father was the draper/grocer

Anne

Anne Report 29 Nov 2005 09:35

Hi Jess, The other day you were trying to help me find Jesse William Turvey born 1822 but like me you drew a blank. Could you have a look on the 1861 for Jesse William Turvey his son born 1842 in Clerkenwell?In 1851 he was at Goswell Terrace, Clerkenwell with his parents. I have his parents on the 1861 but he is not with them. He would be unmarried then. Thank you for your help, I will make this my last request for a while!! Anne

The Bag

The Bag Report 29 Nov 2005 09:54

havenyt you asked me that before? I found him (maybe the other thread -part 2)- as Jervey I seem to recall...yes copied and pasted from other thread Added By Jess Bow Bag Bobbin Dog on 28/11/2005 20:05:40 | Update Message | Delete Message Helen Got his son, i think - I hope! View Record Jesse Jarvery abt 1842 Clkwell, Middlesex, England Islington Middlesex address 17 Albert St occ Clk - (presume Clerk) appears to be living alone

Kimbo

Kimbo Report 29 Nov 2005 10:58

hi jess thanx for looking up the NEWBOLD family for me the info you gave me ive been able to add to another part of my tree !!! with regards to eliza newbold yes grace and mark newbold were her grandparents and her dad john newbold also had a sister called eliza hence the 20yr difference you wre talking about.... im still trying to find john newbold born rothwell wakefield 1842c wife and any siblings to eliza born 1865c yorkshire are you able to help me with this...hope i havent confused you ....many thanx kimx

Anne

Anne Report 29 Nov 2005 11:03

Hi Jess, Thank you for your Turvey/Jarvey info. I have looked back on your second thread now and seen it. I think I probably missed it as the message is addressed to Helen and I am Anne. Sorry I must look more carefully next time. Thank you for all your help, Anne.

The Bag

The Bag Report 29 Nov 2005 11:40

Kimbo - i am a bit confused - doesnt take much! who do you want now? post their details without all that background info to confuse me! im still trying to find john newbold born rothwell wakefield 1842c wife < are you looking for him & His wife or just wife? and any siblings to eliza born 1865c yorkshire < eliza who ? Newbold? (sibs are bro & sisters - is that what you mean?) are you able to help me with this...hope i havent confused you ....many thanx kimx

The Bag

The Bag Report 29 Nov 2005 13:09

up to date, save waiting for info....and because i dont want anymore posting on thread 2!

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 29 Nov 2005 13:15

Hi Jess, wondered if you could help me. I need to find out the occupation of Edward Clanson Jnr b 1863 on 1881 census. Edward Clanson b 1863 Wolverhampton Son Edward Clanson father b 1833 Wolverhampton Jane Clanson mother b 1833 Wolverhampton. RG11/2816 Folio 123 Page 30. If possible I'd really appreciate all occupations of sons. or census copy if possible, Many thanks Jess, Regards Lou

Linda

Linda Report 29 Nov 2005 14:41

Hi Jess, Thank you for looking for the Morgan's, I guess I will just have to forget them for now. Kind regards, Linda.

The Bag

The Bag Report 29 Nov 2005 18:29

Looby Loo Its a faulty Image-sorry