Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what do

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dutch

dutch Report 9 Jan 2006 12:29

hello everyone please before i ask hope know onegetting annoyed with me,i said i wouldnt ask about finding my nan,ada mary bassindale but i have just rang up the church were they were married but they only hold records from 1952,so she gave me another number and the lady ask me were was she born i told her thats what im trying to find out and she said they couldnt look if she was,nt born in liverpool,so sorry to ask you kind people what can i do,i know your all probly saying o no not her again but its annoying me that i cant find her,if know wants to answer thats ok ,as alot of people have tried and come up with nothing,regards joyce

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 9 Jan 2006 12:40

H Joyce What details are you actually looking for? Whats her name, give us all the details you have and see if someone can help? Suzanne

Gen

Gen Report 9 Jan 2006 12:41

Hi Joyce, Do you have any idea when your Nan died? if you do then you can find the entry and it should tell you how old she was when she died, from there you could find her birth entry or at least narrow down the search. Are the church records stored in an archive that is open to the public? Her surname does not seem to be a very common one so that is a plus, do you know if the marriage was her first? Give as much info as you know about her and maybe one of can find her for you. Gen

dutch

dutch Report 9 Jan 2006 12:47

my nan died 13 oct 1948 age 79,and her name was ada mary mellor,maiden name bassindale,but i live in holland so its not easy for me to try and find out,it did say on one of the cenus manchester but nearly all th bassindales come from lincolshire

dutch

dutch Report 9 Jan 2006 12:49

forgot to add yes it was her first marriage as i have marriage cert

Pete

Pete Report 9 Jan 2006 12:50

Her marriage to Samuel Mellor in 1893 is shown on FreeBMd and also on the LancashireBMD site. Her marriage certifciate will give the name and occupation of her father and with luck help to locate her in earlier census returns.

Pete

Pete Report 9 Jan 2006 12:51

You already have the marriage certificate. What is the name of her father?

The Bag

The Bag Report 9 Jan 2006 12:54

This is a dream, no its a nightmare...Arggggggggggghhhhh more than happy to let someone else have crack at this

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 9 Jan 2006 12:54

and his occupation?

dutch

dutch Report 9 Jan 2006 12:55

fathers name john bassindale(decesed)occ liceused vichuller

dutch

dutch Report 9 Jan 2006 12:57

sorry jess i know how hard you tried to help me and i thank you for it,regards joyce

The Bag

The Bag Report 9 Jan 2006 12:59

what was the middle name , that we decided meant nothing at all? samuel (something ) mellor

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 9 Jan 2006 12:59

Joyce How old was she when she maried? Suzanne

The Bag

The Bag Report 9 Jan 2006 13:00

Joyce ~ i'd LOVE someone to be able to resolve this for you RATHBONE, that was his name!!

dutch

dutch Report 9 Jan 2006 13:04

she was 24 samuel didnt have amiddle name his grandfather was samuel furnivule mellor

The Bag

The Bag Report 9 Jan 2006 13:05

Joyce do you still have the cenus returns that we did find ~ or the refs for them.....

dutch

dutch Report 9 Jan 2006 13:05

jose rathbone mellor was there first son,and thanks jess

dutch

dutch Report 9 Jan 2006 13:08

just going to see if i can find them

dutch

dutch Report 9 Jan 2006 13:15

jess were they the ones from the thread as i have them printed out,rg13/3452 folio56 page 44 is that one of them

dutch

dutch Report 9 Jan 2006 13:17

1901 ada mary mellor abt 1870 manchester lancs england wife walton on hill is this it