Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Happy to do lookups* *Updated** Marriage and and A

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rachel

Rachel Report 8 Jun 2006 12:53

I have been helped several times by some lovely people here, and would like to put something back. I have access to British Origins which has the Boyd's Marriage Index, London Apprenticeship index, and part 1841 and 1871 census coverage. There are also some Militia records etc. If you want me to put soemones name and details in and see what comes up I am happy to do so. I have limited time, so it may not be immediate, but will get done. Just post the details here. ** update** the London apprentices records are only up until 1850, and the Great Britian apprentice records are 1710 - 1774. If your person was outside of these dates I will not find their apprenticeship. If it is in these dates I will try for you. My access also includes limited access to Irish records. Rachel

Sheelagh

Sheelagh Report 8 Jun 2006 13:07

What a lovely offer Rachel. Can you put in Benjamin Staple(s) b1777 in Kent and see if anything comes up? Many thanks Sheelagh

Lynn

Lynn Report 8 Jun 2006 13:12

Thanks Rachel, Could you look up a marriage for me? It was between Samuel Stowell and Ann, although I don't know her surname c1808, probably in or around Westminster in London. Thanks Lynn

Irene

Irene Report 8 Jun 2006 13:17

Thank you for your really kind offer. Looking for the marriage details of ANDREW WILKES he married a Christianna but do not know her maiden name. 3 marriages show up in British Orgins and an apprentiship for the same name. He was a toy maker so I wondered if that shows up please. Thank you very much. I appreciate your time. Irene.

Rachel

Rachel Report 8 Jun 2006 13:21

Hi Sheelagh, Nothing for Benjamin, but some apprenticeship records for other Staples in Kent, most in the Chatham area to do with the shipyard. If you want a copy of the page message me with an email address and I will send a copy. Rachel

Rachel

Rachel Report 8 Jun 2006 13:23

Hi Irene, What years should i be searching?

Sheelagh

Sheelagh Report 8 Jun 2006 13:24

Thanks Rachel - pm on way sheelagh

Irene

Irene Report 8 Jun 2006 13:30

Andrew Wilkes around 1820 ish for marriage and apprenticeship except if it for his son Andrew who would be 20 years later. Many thanks Irene

Rachel

Rachel Report 8 Jun 2006 13:53

Hi Irene, The marriages in the Boyds were not yours they are pre 1800. The apprenceship was not yours either. The only references I could find were these - one of which is definately yours, They are both index items: Trinity House Calenders -Petitions, Book 99, Series 1. page 211. Wilkes, Christiana, 69, widow of Andrew of Haydon St, Minories. 1851. Marriage Licence allegations - Vicar General. 24th May 1820 Wilks and Townsend. With the marriage licence I cannot see the original document without paying a £10. So I am unable to tell if this Wilks is an Andrew or if the Townsend is a Christiana. Regards, Rachel

Kerri

Kerri Report 8 Jun 2006 13:54

Hi Rachel Thanks for your kind offer.Could you find the marriage of John Fuge & Sally ? in Devon,probably Plymouth area about 1800ish. Interested in any Fuge from this area. Thankyou Kerri

Irene

Irene Report 8 Jun 2006 13:58

Thank you for looking Rachel - the Trinity one is his widow, there was an attempt on her life by a George Mason and I found that in the Times Newspapers - Please is there anymore info available via Trinity. Many thanks Irene

Rachel

Rachel Report 8 Jun 2006 14:19

Irene, That is all I get from British Origins, but the Trinity House Calenders Petitions is for widows of Seamen. You can obtain a hard copy of the document from the Society of Genealogists for £10 using the references I quoted above. The petiton certificate will tell you about the seamans work history including ships sailed on and where, what job he had on the ship. It may also include other family deatils and how the seaman died. the widow will be asking for a pension to support herself as she has no other means of doing so. The back of the certificate will have signitures from various people confirming various things, perhaps her husbands last post by the ships captain, or her doctor to say she cannot work. There is often a confirmation from a vicar or pastor of the baptisms of any children still at home. There is usually a lot of good information about the life and genealogy of a seaman. Your Andrew must have fought in the Napoleonic wars for his wife to have been granted a pension from this fund. I hope this helps a bit. Rachel

Willow

Willow Report 8 Jun 2006 14:23

hi Rachel Thanks for the offer, can you have a look for a marriage for me between John Vale and a Lucy, sorry dont know her surname circa 1809. thanks keiley

Sarah wants a

Sarah wants a Report 8 Jun 2006 14:28

Hi Rachel Thank you for your offer. Would you look at apprentiship records for William Charles Pack - dob - 13-3-1815 and also his father John Pack - dob - 25-3-1789. They were both harness makers, so maybe some records exist somewhere. With many thanks Sarah

Rachel

Rachel Report 8 Jun 2006 14:50

Hi Kerri, Sorry nothing on the marriage of John Fuge and Sally, but as you are interested in other Fuges in the area I have a word document and a tif document to mail to you. could you message me with an email address. I will be offline after 3 as it is time to get the littl eone and his quality time, but will come back later, everyone else feel free to keep posting. Regards, Rachel.

Rachel

Rachel Report 8 Jun 2006 14:55

Hi Keiley, This is the only one that came up. It was on the Boyd's - it is not exact but looks very phenetic so may be worth checking if it is the right area. John Veal & Lucy Loid - 1811 - Westminster, St Georges Hanover Sq. Rachel

Rachel

Rachel Report 8 Jun 2006 15:00

Hi Sarah, Sorry nothing is coming up for either John or William Pack in the apprenticeship records. Rachel

Sue

Sue Report 8 Jun 2006 15:12

Hi Rachel, Thankyou for your offer.. Could you please take a look and see if there is anything for the name RACKHAM in the marraige index. In the area of Loddon,Norfolk..between the years 1880-1900. many thanks suex

Sarah wants a

Sarah wants a Report 8 Jun 2006 15:29

Thank you for checking for me Rachel. Sarah

Sheila

Sheila Report 8 Jun 2006 16:01

Hello Rachel thankyou for this kind offer. Will you look and see if there is a Thomas Henry Davies born West Ham,in about 1888,in your Apprenticeship records please. And if it is not to much bother will you see if you can find anything about William Whitehead,he was in the Army at Woolwich barracks ,his father was also there he was a William also. William the father was born in 1820 and the son in 1860. Thankyou very much. Sheila