Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Times Digital (London) 1785-1985 Lookup Offered

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eames

Eames Report 4 Apr 2009 14:35

Hi,

Not sure if that's free or not but still willingly to offer to lookup on Times Digital Newspaper. If for an ancestor then I'd need surname (and area if possible) and approx years or if it's a news article then please state the area and approx years.

T

If it's free to view then I'll delete this as I couldn't find anything about it being free so maybe I didnt search properly!

Tc

Tc Report 4 Apr 2009 15:07

Hi T

Thanks for offer, Please coukd you have a look for any information on

Thomas Alder who killed his wife Mary in Uffington/ Baulking Berkshire in

March 1789

Many thanks
Tom

Eames

Eames Report 4 Apr 2009 15:58

All I have was this..

Dated 27th July 1789 Page 3 Issue 1215 Column D

Oxford, July 25

Thomas Alder was found guilty of manslaughter, for killing his wife.

Tc

Tc Report 4 Apr 2009 18:13

Hi Thanks for reply

Tom

Eames

Eames Report 5 Apr 2009 08:38

DET..

Nothing came up for this chap.. Sorry :o(

T

Vera

Vera Report 5 Apr 2009 09:03

Hi T
Thanks for the lookup.
George FJ Sinclair........died 30/07 /1925 Greenwich.... street accident. there was an inquest held 4 August 1925

Regards Vera

Eames

Eames Report 5 Apr 2009 09:27

Hi Vera..

Loads of inquests elsewhere, but none of Sinclair.. Nor any mention of the accident, I've tried all keywords that I could think of in a hope he'll be there but no avail :o(

My offer of lookup isnt looking good now lol..

T

Sarah

Sarah Report 5 Apr 2009 10:11

Another long shot i'm afraid - don't worry if there's nothing! I think this is something more likely to be reported in local papers so I am off to Newton Abbott over Easter, but still:

Mary Wall Walker and Thomas Partridge married in 1907 in Wolborough, Newton Abbott, Devon. Marriage ended within a couple of months, we think because of bigamy (death ruled out and divorce extremely unlikely), I figure if this was found out there would have been a local scandal and Partidge may have been arrested so there's an off chance it was mentioned nationally.

NB: Thomas Partrige may not have been his real name.

Eames

Eames Report 5 Apr 2009 10:30

Sarah..

I've searched for Partridge and "Thomas Partridge" none of him in those years. Even tried Partridge, Walker and Devon.. Nothing, sorry.

T

Sarah

Sarah Report 5 Apr 2009 10:43

Thanks for ;looking! Newton Abbott it is, then. Lol.

Vera

Vera Report 5 Apr 2009 11:34

Hi T

Thanks for your time. My lot are so hard to find.

Regards Vera

Eames

Eames Report 5 Apr 2009 20:50

shemp..

For some reason I'm getting the error "File Not Found" It was working fine this morning, so I'll try again in the morning.. Did spot a "Explosion in Barnsley 80 something lives lost" Dated in Jan 1849.. Sure it's June 1849? But cant see the extract as stated the reason above.

T

Eames

Eames Report 6 Apr 2009 08:56

Hi shemp..

I have saved the newspaper clip. The Times, Saturday Jan 27 1849, Page 5 Issue 20084, Column E. Titled "Appalling Colliery Explosion At Barnsley - Eighty One Lives Lost" John Winder was mentioned as one of the lives lost.

It's too long for me to transcribe, so if you could please PM me your email address and I'll have the clipping sent over if you like..?

T

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 6 Apr 2009 12:15

Hi T....... Thank you for your kind offer,.don`t know if you can access tne Obituarys, but i`m looking for more information on 3xgr grandafther ........

Thomas Bartlett a Coal Merchant, who died 26th August 1832 from Palace Street Pimlico/Westminster and was buried at St Margarets Westminster on August 30th same year aged 65. He was a widower at time of death and hope it may mention wifes name......... his Coal Merchants premises seem to be at 2 catherine street Pimlico, or that may be the family home address before Palace street.......any info would be gratefully received.

thanks

Nicky

Eames

Eames Report 7 Apr 2009 08:22

Hi Nicky..

Nothing showing up for Thomas I'm afraid, sorry

T

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 7 Apr 2009 20:41

Hi T.......thanks for taking the time to look anyway.

Nicky

Susan

Susan Report 8 Apr 2009 10:11

Hi T,

Thanks for your kind offer.

Can you please take a look for an inquest report for Emma Branson who died in May 1923 in Hammersmith.

Thank you,
Susan

Janice

Janice Report 8 Apr 2009 16:19

Hi T,
Thanks for your offer. Please could you see if there is an obituary for William Douglas Robertson DSO who died in the first quarter of 1970.
Thank you,
Janice

Eames

Eames Report 8 Apr 2009 20:40

Susan..

Sorry, nothing for Emma Branson.

T

Eames

Eames Report 8 Apr 2009 20:44

Janice..

Another one that I was unable to find.. Sorry :o(

T