Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Long lost Unlce

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanne

Joanne Report 15 Jul 2010 12:42

I need to trace my Uncle RustyRussell), he lived in Great Yarmouth till the early part of the 80's when my grandfather passed away. He has five children four girls and one boy(heidi,julie,andrew,victoria and the last girl all i can remember is that her name began with a 'A') their mother has the name of Maria who got divorce in the 70's from my Unlce Rusty Hubbard.
can some help or knows these people :))

Flick

Flick Report 15 Jul 2010 12:45

Please clarify....is the man's name Russell Hubbard?

When was he born?

Corinne

Corinne Report 15 Jul 2010 12:48

There are quite a lot of Hubbards still living in the Great Yarmouth area. If you go to the Records Office section of the boards, look for a thread entitled, 'WHO ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?' I will go and nudge it so that it's near the top of the page. Jean will do Electoral Roll lookups for you. She found my dad's cousin for me.

Flick

Flick Report 15 Jul 2010 12:49

The only birth of a Heidi Hubbard on Ancestry is 1994

We can't give proper help without clear, accurate info from you

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 15 Jul 2010 13:04

this has also been posted on the "chat " board, with replies.

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1230137

George

Corinne

Corinne Report 15 Jul 2010 13:07

What a waste of effort. I wish people wouldn't post on multiple boards.

Flick

Flick Report 15 Jul 2010 13:10

For pity's sake.........!!!!!!!!!!

Joanne

Joanne Report 15 Jul 2010 14:55

sorry for putting it on twice but this is my first time doing this!
so once again I'M SORRY

Russell Hubbard was born i belive in 1939 in Great Yarmouth, I also believe he has a half brother named Derrick(i think thats right) or his half is my Father George James Stwert, a sister Marie and then i belive a adopted sister named Daphen

many thanks
joanne

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 15 Jul 2010 20:08

Note that Rambling Rose has PMed Joanne info via her thread on Chat.

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Jul 2010 20:59

Can I just add that the extra info Joanne has added here re her father may well negate the info i sent...so don't stop looking yet! I was going on the son Andrew..as i found an Andrew Russell Hubbard..that might fit...or..might not!

Rose

Flick

Flick Report 15 Jul 2010 21:23

There is NO Russell Hubbard birth in 1939.

The only one in Norfolk is in 1933 - he seems to have married in 1953.and he had/has a second forename. There is only one child from the marriage

So that's one ruled out.................

Who was this man's mother?

Flick

Flick Report 15 Jul 2010 21:27

I just hope that Joanne is NOT continuing with this on CHAT..................

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 16 Jul 2010 01:21

I strongly suspect that "Rusty" was a nickname derived from something other than his name!

I've done a lot of searching and compared notes with Rose, and we haven't got anywhere. I have found the births of siblings named Derek and Daphne Hubbard who may come into this somehow -- we just have no way of knowing how.

Joanne's father -- the correct name is George James Stewart Hubbard (mother's surname spelled wrong at Ancestry I think) -- did not have any full siblings, and I can't connect his father with any other marriage or children.

Although he was born in Norfolk in 1946, this is the only marriage that makes sense for his parents:

Name: George J Hubbard
Spouse Surname: May Mccornick
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1943
Registration district: Birkenhead
Registration county (inferred): Cheshire
Volume Number: 8a
Page Number: 1278

Flick

Flick Report 16 Jul 2010 10:49

I have tried - in vain - to find sibling births matching the names given for the man's 'children' .

So, until - and unless - Joanne returns with some accurate information, this is not worth pursuing

Joanne

Joanne Report 16 Jul 2010 11:12

Hi
my Unlce's name is Russell but we called him Rusty!
all i can tell you about his children which i am banging my head of every wall is the eldest is

Julie(not sure middle name) she could be in her 50-55years
HEIDI(Again not sure middle name) aged late 48-54years
Andrew(??) aged 43-49 years
Victoria (??) aged late 35-40 years
the last girl i can't remember that well her name began with an "A" aged 33-35years
their mother was named Marie and all i think was born in Great Yarmouth Norfolk . Russell and Marie divorced in 1970ish i think the early part. Then i lost all contact with them, to which this day i have hated hope this help
I can't say thank you enough to you guys
:))

Flick

Flick Report 16 Jul 2010 11:30

Thank you Joanne......can I ask you now just to confirm that the man's wife was MARIE..........your original posting had her as MARIA.......and the one letter makes a huge difference when searching.

BUT....I repeat a much earlier posting - there is only ONE birth in England & Wales for the name Heidi Hubbard.......and that was in 1994.

Who was Russell's father? Who was his mother?

Joanne

Joanne Report 16 Jul 2010 12:47

it is Marie sorry i can't spell and sometime i get my words in a muddle.
I believe it was my grandfather George james hubbard born in yarmouth but he did have a wife BEFORE marrying my nan May Mccormick but i can't find this first wife it may have been this BECKS,, that came up in 1939 being the mother to RUSSELL HUBBARD 1939!!!!.. I have no family that i can ask.
I didn't think this could be so hard!! i feel like i want to cry:((

Flick

Flick Report 16 Jul 2010 13:00

There is no marriage for a George Hubbard to anyone with surname Beck*...although, if the mother had been married previously, her name when she re-married would not have been Beck

Joanne

Joanne Report 16 Jul 2010 13:01

sorry what do you mean by click to see others on page??
still abit thick at this
;))

Flick

Flick Report 16 Jul 2010 13:02

Are you basing you assumption about his year of birth on the birth info found for you?

Unless you get the cert, you have no way of knowing the first name(s) of the father of the boy born in 1939