Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find details on Rose Pearce

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 22 Sep 2009 21:10

Can any one help, trying to find birth info , for Rose Pearce, born in (Pendine) Laugharne, Carmarthenshire,
D.O.B 13.06.1907.
Not getting anywhere !!!

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 22 Sep 2009 21:13

have you tried the 1911 census? If the date you have is fron her death reg it might be wrong ?

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 22 Sep 2009 21:19

She certainly doesnt want to be found easily.
I dont see a reg for her on ,,freebmd,,

Nor anything on 1911 at the moment.

Christine

Christine Report 22 Sep 2009 21:20

Hi Lindsy,
Have tried the 1911.. nothing !! definately the right date of birth, she was my mother.

Christine

Christine Report 22 Sep 2009 21:23

Thanks every one. I do have another name Rose Probert.. that is a long shot.. (same D.O.B ) same place of birth...

Pam

Pam Report 22 Sep 2009 21:27

Still no sign of her.

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 22 Sep 2009 21:29

Nothing under Probert either.

Ethel

Ethel Report 22 Sep 2009 21:31

Hi Christine.
a wild card. Lots of girls called Margaret were known for some reason as Rose.

Birth Jan.March Qtr. 1907 Margaret Elizabeth Pearce. reg in Carmarthen (for Pendine and Laugharne vol 11a 1263.

As she was your Mother, then I suggest if possible looking on the marriage certificate to find out how she gave her name also who was her Father. and his occupation.

I have two in m y family named Margartet, both known as Rose.

If you get the marriage records then you should be able to make some progress as they should be on the 1901 census. Hope this helps. Ethel.

Christine

Christine Report 22 Sep 2009 21:36

Know that her mother was Margaret Pearce.. Father ?
can go back to the 1700's on the Pearce tree, but cannot find out anything about Rose.(my mother) Would have known if her name was Margaret (I think) . Name on Marriage certificate. Rose Probert...
Everyone Thank you x

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 22 Sep 2009 21:49

Is this her mother?

1901 Wales Census
about Margaret Pearce
Name: Margaret Pearce
Age in 1901: 20
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1881
Relation: Daughter
Father's Name: William
Mother's Name: Elizabeth
Where born: Pendine, Carmarthenshire, Wales

Civil parish: Laugharne
Ecclesiastical parish: Laugharne St Martin
County/Island: Carmarthenshire

Street Address: View image
Condition as to marriage: View image
Education: View image
Employment status: View image

Registration district: Carmarthen
Sub-registration district: St Clears

How do you know her mothers name ?

Christine

Christine Report 22 Sep 2009 21:52

Yes, these are her parents, where can my mother be ? No sign of her anywhere....

Her father - Frank Probert ???
It will remain a mystery I think..

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Sep 2009 21:56

Well I'm confused!

You're looking for Rose Pearce 1907, and you say "Name on Marriage certificate. Rose Probert"

And you say:
"Know that her mother was Margaret Pearce.. Father ?
can go back to the 1700's on the Pearce tree, but cannot find out anything about Rose. "

If you have the marriage certificate, do you not have her father's name from there? Or is no father stated?

You have her mother's name and all her ancestors - so what can't you find out about her? Her birth/father's name?

Please never leak out info in dribs and drabs -- I see now you've posted a ??father's name (from where? why the question mark?). Just tell whatyou know! *and* how you know it.

Is this the marriage?

-- edited -- I see which marriage it is and will omit it for privacy.

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 22 Sep 2009 22:02

What is the A initial stand for on the marriage please?

Christine

Christine Report 22 Sep 2009 22:03

Jane Kanuk -YOU ARE CONFUSED.
.I am looking for a D.O.B for Rose ...Have not found her on any cencus ......I am certainly confused.
I have all the info on my Pearce family tree... Lot of secrets about my mother !!!!
grandmother Margaret Pearce, Name of my mother Rose Probert >>> My mother never knew her father,
I just hoped someone would have better luck than me in finding her somewhere !!!

Christine

Christine Report 22 Sep 2009 22:06

No this is not her...

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Sep 2009 22:06

I had the wrong marriage, Viv! No initial on the right one.

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 22 Sep 2009 22:07

If your mother was Rose Probert and her mother was margaret Pearce,how did Rose get the surname Probert if Margaret wasnt married?

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Sep 2009 22:10

Uh ..

"Jane Kanuk -YOU ARE CONFUSED."

Yup. That's what I said. (Kanuk?) Repeating for emphasis?

I'm confused because your post is about a Rose Pearce, but your mother (from her marriage registration and your birth registration) was apparently Rose Probert.

Did you want to edit your subject line etc. to put the accurate info in?

Her mother's name may well have been Pearce, but there's apparently no reason to think that was Rose's name, since she used Probert in records.

Of course, she could have been registered as Pearce and known who her father was, and used his name.

Now, is the father's name on the marriage certificate Frank Probert? That really is a crucial bit of info.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Sep 2009 22:14

Just for good measure, no Pearce or Probert was registered in Carmarthenshire in Q2 or Q3 1907. There were 8 registrations for a Ros* name but only one Rose:

Births Sep 1907
Howells Rose Ellen Narberth 11a 1297

Viv - could have been registered as Probert with father's consent even if parents unmarried; or could have opted to use father's name later in life anyway.

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 22 Sep 2009 22:19

Yeah I know,I tried for any Rose births too,but as you say none for Probert or Pearce at that time in that place.

This is the pearce family in 1911,no Margaret 1881 or Rose 1907.
But a little Elizabeth?

Prob the young couples daughter?

HOUSEHOLD PEARCE WILLIAM M 1850 61 Carmarthen Carmarthenshire
HOUSEHOLD PEARCE ELIZABETH F 1876 35 Carmarthen Carmarthenshire
HOUSEHOLD PEARCE ELIZABETH J F 1904 7 Carmarthen Carmarthenshire
HOUSEHOLD PEARCE SAMMAL M 1877 34 Carmarthen Carmarthenshire