Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For who are we looking for in SOUTHWARK

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alice

Alice Report 15 Apr 2004 23:15

...seeing as its the busiest certificate office maybe we can help out eachother!!!!

Alice

Alice Report 15 Apr 2004 23:18

Names: Moffet Chandless (Chandlers/Chandler/Chandess) Walker Mellor/Mellon

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 16 Apr 2004 07:45

Hello Alice, looking for Bateman Poole good luck, Selena

Annie

Annie Report 16 Apr 2004 08:16

Morning! Looking for MACKNEY, BAILLIE and GAU. Have a good day Ann

Alice

Alice Report 18 Apr 2004 16:43

:-)

Mary

Mary Report 18 Apr 2004 19:23

Alice. Looking for Bonners.If you find any let me know please. Mary

Olgiza

Olgiza Report 18 Apr 2004 19:48

Hello Alice, I am always looking for:- Whybrew Fairbairn Sam(m)s Ash in Southwark Thanks, Roger

Michelle

Michelle Report 18 Apr 2004 21:42

Hi Alice Always looking for COLLMAN CUNNINGHAM FINCH PIKE WALLSGROVE Cheers Michelle

Barbara

Barbara Report 18 Apr 2004 23:50

Oh one for me Priestman, Howick, Upton, Mead, Catling All from Bermondsey, Southwark region If anyone has an Elizabeth Mary Catling Mead on their tree, surely there can be only one - my gggrandmother b1817 according to IGI Babs

Heather

Heather Report 19 Apr 2004 11:00

Hi, I am looking for Dixons, Horsteads and Hansons in that area, if anyone has any news! Got back to 1871 for all of them but no further. I was also born in Bermondsey max.

Joanne

Joanne Report 19 Apr 2004 16:13

HI, I'M LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING. MOCOCK (bermondsey) SPRINGALL (lambeth/bermondsey) DONOVAN (rotherhithe) HOWARD (rotherhithe) All these names belong to my nan's line. (NORA EILEEN DONOVAN) would love to be able to find some of her auntie/uncle's descendents thanks lol JO

Jayne

Jayne Report 19 Apr 2004 18:21

Looking for Gibbons Brown Griffin Around the 1900 and earlier. The men were Dosckers or Tanners. Cheers

Julie

Julie Report 19 Apr 2004 21:12

looking for Rainbirds Palings Franklins My mum lives in peckham, keep meaning to get to southwark library max, is it any good? regards Julie

Janice

Janice Report 19 Apr 2004 21:34

Julie, Southwark archives is good for stuff like electoral registers and maps, local books etc but for parish registers you need to go to the LMA. Janice, looking for Smith Nash Eyers Cox Holland in Walworth.

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 19 Apr 2004 22:50

I am trying to find out some information about my Gt Grandparents, My Gt Grandfather was a gunmaker and the 1881 census shows his gun factory as being on Cranham Road, Rotherhithe where they also lived. I have managed to find them on the 1891 census living in Camberwell but cannot seem to find them on the 1901 census. Their names were Thomas Bissell and Sarah Bissell nee Seabrook I would be very grateful if anyone can help me. I have been told that a portrait of a Colonel Bissell hung in the TA hall in Lewisham as to whether that is fact I don't know. Thanks Rosemary

Chris

Chris Report 28 Apr 2004 06:29

My maternal gggrandmother was born Jane Bren 1838 St George Borough Southwark. Her Parents were Lydia Arkell bc1801 Westminster and Henry Bren b1808 Reading

Debbie

Debbie Report 28 Apr 2004 09:39

Hi I am only looking for Day in Southwark, and that is it at the moment. Debbie

Sarah

Sarah Report 28 Apr 2004 13:52

Hi, Im looking for the Cheesmans in Bermondsey...they were mostly Dockers or Stevedores...oh! and one that worked in a Rice mill! Best Wishes Sarah

Patricia

Patricia Report 28 Apr 2004 15:54

Looking for: CRIPPS McSWEEN(E)Y

Lesley

Lesley Report 20 Jul 2004 21:18

I'm looking for the Rowley family - father John and daughter Elizabeth. John was a Baker.