Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help with marriage cert please...........edwin and

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 10 Nov 2005 09:52

recieved edwin rodds marriage cert and it says his dad was edwin rodds thats 2 marriage certs iv recieved now with the groom and father have same fore name can any one see another edwin rodds any were on any census lucys father was frederick hardman a labourer surname hardman wittnesses to the marriage are thomas hardman and mary ann hardman date of marriage october 30th 1880 in b,ham they both lived at tennant street back of 105 any info on these familys please many thanks angie xx

Liberty64

Liberty64 Report 10 Nov 2005 10:12

I assume this is Lucy and frederick in 1881: View Record Edwin Rodds abt 1859 Islington Head 54 Alexandra St, Kettering, Northamptonshire, England View Record Frederick Rodds abt 1881 Leicestershire, England Son 54 Alexandra St, Kettering, Northamptonshire, England View Record Lucy Hardman Rodds abt 1860 Morsley Birmingham Wife 54 Alexandra St, Kettering, Northamptonshire, England

Colette

Colette Report 10 Nov 2005 10:12

Hi Angela you will need to give us Edwins birth year and birth place. If you dont know a rough idea. Colette

Merry

Merry Report 10 Nov 2005 10:18

Just to put people in the picture!! A history of threads so far!! The marriage cert refered to was Dec 1880, Lucy to Edwin, and......... Yes, Lady Lib - that is the correct family in 1881. All three of them vanish off the face of the earth after 1881, though clearly Frederick was hiding somewhere as he married around 1910. There are no deaths for Lucy or Edwin. Lucy is traceable before her marriage and I THINK someone found Edwin as Edwin Rose rather than Rodds on an earlier census. Going to have a look now..... Merry

Merry

Merry Report 10 Nov 2005 10:19

I expect this is the birth reg for Edwin. Name: Rodds, Edwin Record Type: Births Quarter: September Year: 1858 District: Islington County: Greater London London Middlesex Volume: 1b Page: 215 Merry

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 10 Nov 2005 10:24

Yes Merry 1871 View Record Ellen Rodds abt 1831 Edmonton, Middlesex, England Daughter Kingston Surrey View Record Hannah Rodds abt 1799 Wiltshire, England Head Kingston Surrey View Record Edwin Rose abt 1859 Islington, Middlesex, England Lodger Kingston Surrey Angela

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 10 Nov 2005 10:29

thank you for replys just waiting for edwins birth cert to see who his mother is i ordered it last fri so should be here tomorrow iv now got 2 frederick rodds and 2 edwin rodds and only info of one of each how do i move on from here angie xx

Merry

Merry Report 10 Nov 2005 10:31

That's the family Angela.... and here they are again in 1861: Elizabeth Rodds abt 1834 Edmonton, Middlesex, England Daughter Walton on Thames Surrey Hannah Rodds abt 1799 Trowbridge, Wiltshire, England Wife Walton on Thames Surrey John Rodds abt 1794 Bath, Somerset, England Head Walton on Thames Surrey Martha Rodds abt 1841 Edmonton, Middlesex, England Daughter Walton on Thames Surrey Edwin Rose abt 1859 London, Middlesex, England Boarder Walton on Thames Surrey Ada Ellen Wolfe abt 1858 London, Middlesex, England Boarder Walton on Thames Surrey On the actual page you get the Rodds first, then the other lodger, Ada Wolfe, and then Edwin at the bottom. I wonder if in reality Edwin was the illegitimate child of one of the Rodds ladies and he was fathered by someone named Edwin Rose?????? Hence he was registered as a Rodds, but for proprietys sake, was called Rose???? Best to buy the birth cert to try and start sorting this out! (Oh, I see you have ordered it - can't wait!!!) Merry

Merry

Merry Report 10 Nov 2005 10:35

1851: (Note some completely different places of birth!) Sarah Norton abt 1849 Islington, Middlesex, England Visitor Croydon Surrey Elizabeth Rodds abt 1834 Edmonton, Middlesex, England Daughter Croydon Surrey Hannah Rodds abt 1801 Bath, Wiltshire, England Wife Croydon Surrey John Rodds abt 1796 Bath, Wiltshire, England Head Croydon Surrey John Rodds abt 1832 Edmonton, Middlesex, England Son Croydon Surrey Martha Rodds abt 1841 Edmonton, Middlesex, England Daughter Croydon Surrey Sarah Rodds abt 1829 Edmonton, Middlesex, England Daughter Croydon Surrey Didn't someone say Martha Rodds might be Edwin's mother.....?? I can't remember why she was specifically picked out now! Merry

Liberty64

Liberty64 Report 10 Nov 2005 10:42

Can't wait for the cert to arrive myself..........Angela go and check the post!

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 10 Nov 2005 12:18

hi every one thanks again for replys iv only recieved the marriage cert today edwins mother may be ellen or martha rodds we believe these 2 are sisters its a bit of a saga isnt it has any 1 got anything on frederick hardman please that was lucys dad angie xxx

Thelma

Thelma Report 10 Nov 2005 12:38

Does this look right? 1861 census View Record Alfred Hardman abt 1855 Yardley, Worcestershire, England Son Yardley Worcestershire View Record Edward Hardman abt 1829 Widdington, Staffordshire, England Brother Yardley Worcestershire View Record Eliza Ann Hardman abt 1857 Yardley, Worcestershire, England Daughter Yardley Worcestershire View Record Emily Hardman abt 1853 Yardley, Worcestershire, England Daughter Yardley Worcestershire View Record Frederick Hardman abt 1825 Fradley, Staffordshire, England Head Yardley Worcestershire View Record Jane Hardman abt 1826 Wallington, Shropshire, England Wife Yardley Worcestershire View Record Lucy Jane Hardman abt 1860 Yardley, Worcestershire, England Daughter Yardley Worcestershire

Thelma

Thelma Report 10 Nov 2005 12:41

Is this the right district? Name: HARDMAN, Lucy Record Type: Births Quarter: December Year: 1859 District: Solihull County: Warwickshire West Midlands Volume: 6d Page: 434

Merry

Merry Report 10 Nov 2005 12:42

I know I posted the Hardman family on one of your other threads: 1871 Arthur Hardman abt 1855 Worcestershire, England Son Yardley Worcestershire Frederick Hardman abt 1824 Fradderl, Staffordshire, England Head Yardley Worcestershire Geo Hardman abt 1869 Yardley, Worcestershire, England Son Yardley Worcestershire Jane Hardman abt 1826 Wellington, Shropshire, England Wife Yardley Worcestershire Lottie Hardman abt 1860 Yardley, Worcestershire, England Daughter Yardley Worcestershire Mary A Hardman abt 1865 Yardley, Worcestershire, England Daughter Yardley Worcestershire Thos Hardman abt 1862 Yardley, Worcestershire, England Son Yardley Worcestershire 1861 Alfred Hardman abt 1855 Yardley, Worcestershire, England Son Yardley Worcestershire Edward Hardman abt 1829 Widdington, Staffordshire, England Brother Yardley Worcestershire Eliza Ann Hardman abt 1857 Yardley, Worcestershire, England Daughter Yardley Worcestershire Emily Hardman abt 1853 Yardley, Worcestershire, England Daughter Yardley Worcestershire Frederick Hardman abt 1825 Fradley, Staffordshire, England Head Yardley Worcestershire Jane Hardman abt 1826 Wallington, Shropshire, England Wife Yardley Worcestershire Lucy Jane Hardman abt 1860 Yardley, Worcestershire, England Daughter Yardley Worcestershire 1851 Frederic Hardman abt 1825 Fradley, Staffordshire, England Head Yardley Worcestershire Jane Hardman abt 1825 Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England Wife Yardley Worcestershire Merry

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 10 Nov 2005 12:44

thank you jim will keep it for refrence it looks very good match as frederick and lucy are on there many thanks angie x

Merry

Merry Report 10 Nov 2005 12:45

Jim, Yes, Yardley is in Solihull District. Angela - I can't see a sensible marriage for Frederick H and Jane X, so you will need Lucy's birth cert to provide Jane's maiden name...... Merry

Thelma

Thelma Report 10 Nov 2005 12:55

Can i just say that my old brain is confused. Why would an offspring be down as a boarder? Seems more like a foster/nurse child.

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 10 Nov 2005 13:08

THANK YOU JIM AND MERRY WILL DEFFINITLY SEND FOR LUCYS CERT JIM WE CANT UNDERSTAND THAT EITHER BUT ON 1861-71 CENSUS EDWIN IS DOWN AS A BOARDER AND WITH DIFFERENT SURNAME (ROSE) BUT LIVING WITH RODDS FAMILY HOPING HIS BIRTH CERT WILL GIVE US SOME ANSWERES ANGIE XXX

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 10 Nov 2005 13:10

THINK I FOUND DEATH OF FREDERICK HARDMAN 1883 JUNE SOLIHULL WAS ON ANCESTRY COULD ANY ONE SEE A REF FOR ME ANGIE XX

Merry

Merry Report 10 Nov 2005 13:19

Looks good Angela (well, not for Fred!!) Name: HARDMAN, Frederick Record Type: Deaths Age at death: 59 Quarter: June Year: 1883 District: Solihull County: Warwickshire West Midlands Volume: 6d Page: 338 You can view these yourself on FreeBMD - that's where Ancestry gets it's BMD records from (1837-1983) http://freebmd.rootsweb(.)com/cgi/search.pl (remove brackets) Merry