Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anybody else's ''Old Tree Programme'' blank?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 1 Jun 2006 23:54

or is it just me???? Finally got my act together to add some rellies, and I can't get in - the page is blank. And I have never been able to change or add in ''My Family Tree'', so that is not an option.

Jan

Jan Report 2 Jun 2006 00:04

Hi Margaret Old Tree Prog - New Tree Prog - for me they're both the same. I haven't had anyone but me on my tree on here now for several weeks. Have had a mail from GR, after much pressure asking for feedback - that they are having a problem with their GEDCOM service. I haven't been on the Boards for so long now but thought tonight I would see if I am the only one with a problem. It appears not. Has there, to your knowledge, been any announcement from the GR that they do have a problem. Good wishes Jan

Rachel

Rachel Report 2 Jun 2006 00:08

I've had a problem with this for the last 6 months. I used to print contact's trees through this programme, but all of a sudden just before Christmas I couldn't view some trees through it. I complained at the time, GR referred it to their technical team. I waited and waited, every time I chased I was told to be patient. Never got a response. A few weeks ago I complained again, this time I was told to print trees through the new tree viewer, which you can access along with Tree Builder (where you now build your tree) when clicking on Family Tree at the top of this page. I tried this and again it doesn't work for some contact's trees. It's still under test and they admit that they are trying to resolve technical problems with it. I asked if the Old Tree Programme will be removed from the site and she confirmed that it would at some point in the future.

Jan

Jan Report 2 Jun 2006 00:08

Hi again Margaret I have just found Robert Ward's thread. That is very interesting reading indeed and may answer your original question Jan

Liberty64

Liberty64 Report 2 Jun 2006 00:08

Hi Margaret, ive just checked out mine and yes it is blank, ive no idea how long this as been the case as i have'nt used the old version for a very long time.. Libby :))

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 2 Jun 2006 00:10

mine have gone too , what is happening on this site it just isnt good enough is it ???

Rachel

Rachel Report 2 Jun 2006 00:12

I think that things have been going down hill for a while now on here Valerie.

Val wish I'd never started Report 2 Jun 2006 00:16

well its not good enough, they have all sorts of problems on here when I exported my Tree half of it arrived never did find where the other half went, probably arrived in someone elses Tree.I cannot understand why the support on here is terrible. I dont think I will be using them for my Tree much longer, we should all boycott it make them take notice.

Rachel

Rachel Report 2 Jun 2006 00:20

I now think the best way to use this site is for contact only. Just put a skeleton tree on here to get a match with a relative. Serious tree building can be done on a separate computer software package. When you make a contact, you can exchange gedcoms etc.

Val wish I'd never started Report 2 Jun 2006 00:22

yes Rachel I do have FTM and I have my lot on Tribalpages and Genealogy , but its handy to have them on here too because of contacts .Its very frustrating isnt it ???

Margaret

Margaret Report 2 Jun 2006 00:26

Sorry to be away so long -- was over on General following Louise's thread about Florence. I haven't tried to upload a gedcom - I usually just enter everyone manually - I have four trees on FTM, one for each grandparent. I think that if you try to upload another one it will overwrite what is already there. Found some new relatives (confirmed) so wanted to add them to see if anyone else had them too. Hope it comes back soon.

Rachel

Rachel Report 2 Jun 2006 00:29

Totally agree with you and we're not the only ones. There's been plenty of threads on here recently complaining about the various technical failures on this site. It's about time GR got it's act together.

Rachel

Rachel Report 2 Jun 2006 00:32

Margaret - yes I think you're right - each tree will over write the other. I seem to recall there's a problem with importing (or was that exporting??!!) trees. Give it go anyway you never know your luck!!

Rachel

Rachel Report 2 Jun 2006 00:42

Sorry just to add - you do know that you now build trees through the tree builder when you click on family trees at the top of this page? The Old Tree programme is the old version of that and got replaced about a year ago now. Sorry if you already know - I just wanted to clarify that!! Off to bed now!!

Margaret

Margaret Report 2 Jun 2006 00:47

Rachel -- well, there you go. It has the same setup as ''My Family Tree'' but actually allows me to add. Must say though, I liked the setup of the old program - much easier to navigate and add to. And I just used it a few weeks ago, so it can't be long gone.

Joy

Joy Report 2 Jun 2006 11:40

Mine has gone, too. Hope they don't remove that because I prefer that to the new one.

Frances

Frances Report 2 Jun 2006 15:58

Mine gone as well, Bring back the old tree programme GR

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Jun 2006 16:01

just checked and my old tree aint there either!

Yogi

Yogi Report 2 Jun 2006 16:05

Checked my 'OLD' program this morn and it has gone too.JJH

fraserbooks

fraserbooks Report 2 Jun 2006 16:48

I never use mine but checked and it has gone may be they will replace it with a better one. I filled in their questionaire with a wish list a couple of weeks ago.