Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PRICE CHANGES

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Feb 2011 01:49

GR posted this on both General and Chat .... but not apparently on Records, Tips, or TTF. So I'm doing it for them :)))

There have been some significant changes to the pricing on Genes Reunited today.

Platinum has now been reduced to £49.95, anyone who is currently a Platinum member and chooses to automatically renew will renew at the new price.

Current Standard members may continue to renew at the price they are currently paying. For new members and those who have let their membership expire, a Standard subscription costs £14.95.

If you are a Gold member you will continue to renew at the price you are currently paying with the option to upgrade to Platinum with a 10% discount in the last 4 weeks of your Gold subscription. Gold will no longer be available for purchase if you are not a current Gold member.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 9 Feb 2011 09:07

Can not remember the last time I looked at General Board and seldom look at Chat Board.

They really should have posted on all boards

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 9 Feb 2011 13:13

nudged so other see it

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 9 Feb 2011 13:28

Well, well they must have had a few messages

They have updated the posting with the following:

Just for clarification, the prices above refer to 6 month memberships.

All those currently on annual memberships will be able to remain on their annual membership at the price they are currently paying as long as you continue to renew before or within 4 weeks of your membership lapsing.

Sally

Sally Report 9 Feb 2011 17:00

nudge

Sally

Sally Report 9 Feb 2011 17:17

nudge

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Feb 2011 17:54

So £30 a year for standard. phew! glad I am on continuous.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Feb 2011 18:09

I'm not on continuous, because I wanted some control AND our credit cards have been changed so often in the last few years .......... by the companies, and for various reasons .... that I never know whether the card I used last year will have the same number this year!

But, they send me a reminder about a month before, and I make sure I renew before the deadline

I'm still paying £9.95 for 12 months.

sylvia

Thelma

Thelma Report 9 Feb 2011 18:14

Standard
More information Normal price: £9.95
20% Renewal discount: -£1.99
Total to pay: £7.96
This offer expires on the 17th Mar 2011 Only £7.96
For 1 year - Less than £8 per year *
I started in 2004 at £7.50
Edit
Sorry.
The expiry only applies to me.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Feb 2011 18:22

Hi SatNav

I also started in 2004, at £7.50

but for the last several years, new members have only been able to take out a 6 month membership ............... it's only us "oldies" who have been grandfathered into the 12 month membership.

I think it was about 2007 when that change came in

There have been, if you like, 2 levels of Standard Membership since then

1 year for £9.95
6 months for £9.95

and if an "oldie" doesn't renew within the 4 week grace period, they can only take out the 6 month membership.

OOOOOOOOOOOOPS

I've just noticed that you posted

"This offer expires on the 17th Mar 2011 Only £7.96"

That's new, isn't it?????

when they brought in the 20% offer, they said it was for an unlimited period.

sheeesh ...................... I think my renewal is April, I shall have to make sure I renew before St Patrick's Day then!

sylvia

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 9 Feb 2011 18:53

SatNav,

Are those the details you have received in an email about your renewal as someone asked about the 20% reduction on Facebook and they were told they would have the reduction when they renewed theirs in April.

Christine

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Feb 2011 18:56

I came back to post that I've just realised that I might have mis-read it as applying to everyone.

But that it was indeed applying only to SatNav ................. the 4 week warning!

sylvia

Joy

Joy Report 9 Feb 2011 19:16

They did indeed tell me that, Christine :-)

Hilary

Hilary Report 9 Feb 2011 19:28

What has happened to the £7. something price for loyalty they were saying. Has that now been changed. I have been a member since 2004 & up for renewal 15th March. So am I to believe if I continue I should get it for £7.96. Will have to watch when renewal comes up.
Hilary

Joy

Joy Report 9 Feb 2011 22:07

Hilary, from what was posted in reply to me in face book, whatever I have paid previously I shall pay this time minus 20% which is the same loyalty discount in find my past for renewal. I expect there is the 20% discount as both sites are under the same ownership.
Sorry, not very good grammar :-)

Hilary

Hilary Report 10 Feb 2011 13:01

Thanks Joy, I paid £9.95 last year, will take note when my renewal comes up, which won't be long now.
Hilary

Joy

Joy Report 10 Feb 2011 14:28

You're welcome, Hilary :-)

I shall decide in April whether or not to renew; it seems a lot of money to pay again later if I do not renew.

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 10 Feb 2011 19:42

I've just seen an advert on TV for Genes Reunited showing lots of ancient relatives turning up, and it said you could find them all ' for free' . No mention of it being a trial offer or anything, so now what are they up to?

Persephone

Persephone Report 10 Feb 2011 20:48

Mine is renewal in April at continuous 12 months so either I get the 20% off or it is goodbye as I do far more re my tree off this site.

I would love all my ancient relatives to turn up, we could have a family get together, there would be so much to talk about.

Don't see those adverts here, wonder if it is on youtube?

Persie
Edit: yes it is on youtube so will have a look.

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 11 Feb 2011 09:02

Yes , I've seen those adverts too. very misleading