Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

devon warwick norfolk birmingham 1851 census avail

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sally

Sally Report 19 Dec 2003 20:47

Happy New Year to you all, what better than finding something that has been like hitting your head against brick wall. I will do your look ups.

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 19 Dec 2003 22:36

Hello. I know its a tall order, please All I have is a Selina Ridding born 1849 Birmingham. I wondered if you have her parents please Thanks Joan

Sally

Sally Report 20 Dec 2003 04:51

There are lots of ridding, riding, and with s on but, hav'ent found Selina have you given me her married or maiden name?

Sally

Sally Report 20 Dec 2003 05:12

O.K. Yes you gave me her maiden name but, I do not give up she married Joseph W Ridding 26/12/1871 at All Saints Birmingham. Her parents were called West. On the 1851 census. Ann West age 21 unmarried Selina age 2 daughter William Shaw age 18 Lodger. Pro Ref HO/107/2057 Folio 316 page 17 FHL Film 0332118 Living at Princip St C 8 5 Birmingham. If it was me now you have marriage date, would obtain certificate for conformation. Merry Christmas and Happy Hunting 2004.

Sally

Sally Report 25 Dec 2003 19:24

Dear Lynn, Could only find a James aged 3 years, i.e. James Daly Head 43 Clothes Dealer Ireland. JUlia Wife 37 " John son 11 Maclesfield Cheshire. James son 3 Leamington Warwickshire. Living at 37, Satchwell Street, Leaminton Priors Warwickshire Census place Leamington Priors Budbrooke Warwickshire. HO/107/2072 Folio 465 Page 38 FHL Film 0087338 Please feel free to get back to me, perhaps it would be better to email direct. Merry Christmas, Hope you have had a good day.

Wiccan

Wiccan Report 26 Dec 2003 02:50

Hi Sally Would be grateful for a lookup of Charlotte Spicer b 1845/46 in Exeter Devon 1881 says Exeter Devon where as 1891 says London Camden Town and can't find her in 1901 (married name Headlam), so not sure where she was born Many Thanks Leigh

Julie

Julie Report 26 Dec 2003 22:26

hi sally, thanks for your offer. if you have time could you do a warwickshire look-up for me please?john humphreys could be spellt humphris or humphries. on two other censuses each time spellt different. born 1837. many thanks. julie

Karen

Karen Report 26 Dec 2003 23:41

Hi Sally Could you do a warwick census for me. I'm looking for Benjamin Timms with hopefully his wife Sarah (both born 1824/1826, there should also be showing their Daughter Ann who was born c 1849, and also possibly their other daughter Elizabeth who was born c 1851. If your able to find this entry, are there any other children showing? What address are they registered at? Many thanks for any help you can give me and happy new year. Karen

Sally

Sally Report 27 Dec 2003 06:29

Dear Julie, There is one John Humphries born 1838 living with Joseph and Mary what seasonal names, siblings Joseph, Ann, Susan and William. do you think this is the one? Will search more for you, if you could either claim or disclaim this one. Sally.

Sally

Sally Report 27 Dec 2003 06:35

The only Benjamin Timms I could find was spelt Tims, age 28 visitor Mole St, Aston Deritend, Warwick. Please get back to me.

Karen

Karen Report 27 Dec 2003 16:35

Hi Sally Thanks for the info. I dont think that can be my Benjamin Timms, they must have already left the area. But thanks for looking.

Julie

Julie Report 27 Dec 2003 18:14

Hi Sally, Many thanks for the search. I`m not quite sure what to make of the results though. Appart from John Humphries i also know there ws a William as well. If i let you know my e-mail address if you have time could you sed me the results please? thank you so much, julie

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 27 Dec 2003 18:32

I promised myself not to touch my family tree over christmas, that I would wait till the children went back to school............OH DEAR!!! It's all just too addictive : ) Could I ask for a look up for a William Glaze born in Birmingham 1836 please? He marries in 1857 so I'm hoping he is living with his parents enabling me to find out his family, address and occupation. Many thanks for your time and christmas spirit. Much Happiness Debi

Sally

Sally Report 28 Dec 2003 06:45

Dear Julie, Will look for William later in day, grandchildren have just got up so will have to play with them for a little, speak to you later.Sally

Sally

Sally Report 29 Dec 2003 06:19

Dear Deborough, Searched for william born 1836, The only Glaze came up were Ann born 1826, Edward born 1821, and Sarah born 1836. I also tried Glase and Glaz. Do hope you find him I will keep searching. Happy Hunting 2004. Sally.

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 29 Dec 2003 08:32

Dear Sally It was very kind of you to look many thanks . Much Happiness for 2004 to you Debi

ken from Hunua

ken from Hunua Report 29 Dec 2003 09:02

Hi Sally I am trying to find out more information about my g grandfather Robert Watts of Withybrook, Warwickshire. He was born in 1832 and his mothers name was Mary. Could you please have a look for me on the 1851 census. Thank you Ken Hastings Hunua NZ

Sally

Sally Report 30 Dec 2003 06:41

Dear Grenville, Will search for Robert today.

ken from Hunua

ken from Hunua Report 30 Dec 2003 07:20

Hi Sally Thanks I will await your efforts with fingers crossed. Regards Ken

Sally

Sally Report 30 Dec 2003 15:57

Dear Grenville, I have found Robert Watts of Witheybrook unfortunatly its not going to help a great deal as he was a Farm Servant address Witheybrook, Foleshill, I can let you know all that were living at that address if you want. Sally.