Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GR Answers request about Unwanted Certs Updated

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat

Pat Report 1 Dec 2004 01:46

Please see below Thanks Pat x I have updated this(on page 5) since the original posting. Thank You All X

Pat

Pat Report 1 Dec 2004 01:46

Following on from numerous threads on people who have unwanted certs (and I added in useful images from 1837) as these very often appear on Records Board. I received a reply from genes team to the affect that they feel it is a good idea and are willing to look at the proposal for the next update of the site. The proposal is for people to post one name at a time so they can be searched by name (similar system to trying to find board) any unwanted certs and images from 1837. I received my answer as usual in very good time (Thanks again Genes team) and I am optimistic that if enough people request this service it may become priority to Genes to give this a try. Maybe we could do add names here (similar to the petition for the 1911 census thread by Benjamin on records board), please add comments below and we can make an effort if you feel it would be a good idea & agree with what’s been asked of genes please add your name below and comments if you wish. Thanks Pat x

Esta

Esta Report 1 Dec 2004 08:34

Hi Pat I think this would be great idea - one name at a time would certainly make checking them very easy. Esta

Beverly

Beverly Report 1 Dec 2004 09:11

Great Idea Beverly

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 1 Dec 2004 11:08

Count me in. Kath. x

Robin

Robin Report 1 Dec 2004 11:33

Great Idea. I am sure we all have some available.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 1 Dec 2004 13:17

That's a great idea. I'm sure we can all benefit from something like that.

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 1 Dec 2004 14:46

Great idea, GR members between them must hold a massive ammount of unused info....Helen

Victoria

Victoria Report 1 Dec 2004 14:51

Great idea. I have loads gathering dusts. Vicky

Maureen

Maureen Report 1 Dec 2004 15:34

I think this a very good suggestion. I have a few that members may be looking for. Regards Maureen

Brenda

Brenda Report 1 Dec 2004 15:42

yes, yes, yes brenda x

Linda from Murton

Linda from Murton Report 1 Dec 2004 15:45

Excellent suggestion - I have one name and four "surplus" certificates. Much prefer to do it via this site.

BrianW

BrianW Report 1 Dec 2004 15:48

Only if it's fully searchable and segregated into certificate types. I am NOT wading through 3,000 or 30,000 entries just in case what I want is there.

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 1 Dec 2004 18:38

Great idea especially when you get 3 names on Scottish cert and some may be useful to other people, Rosalyn

Ann

Ann Report 1 Dec 2004 19:20

Add me in too. Thanks Pat :) Ann

Michele

Michele Report 1 Dec 2004 19:35

Great idea, would like to think someone may be able to use the certificates I got in error. Michele

JG70

JG70 Report 1 Dec 2004 22:45

That would be great, stops the money we wasted being wasted! Jacquie

Paul

Paul Report 1 Dec 2004 23:01

brill idea! i have at least two unwanted certis!

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 2 Dec 2004 08:39

Great Idea I have three unwanted certificates Margaret

YorkshireSandra

YorkshireSandra Report 2 Dec 2004 09:12

Oh dear, I seem to have deleted my reply in error! Yes, I think it would be very useful. Sandra