Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NEW THREAD: Middlesex 1841 & 1861 Census, 1881 Bri

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 25 Jan 2005 12:10

Please see below.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 25 Jan 2005 12:18

I can do lookups of the following. If you would like a lookup, please post your request here. DO NOT request look ups through my personal box contact box. (1841 Middlesex Census) Districts covered are: Edmonton, Elthorne Elthorne, Gore, Isleworth Finchley, Spelthorne (1861 Middlesex Census) Please note districts covered: Staines- Ashford, Cranford, East Bedfont, Feltham, Hanworth, Harlington, Harmondsworth, Laleham, Littleton, Shepperton, Staines, Stanwell, Sunbury. Uxbridge- Cowley, Harefield, Hayes, Hillingdon, Ickenham, Northolt, Norwood, Ruislip, Uxbridge, West Drayton, Yiewsley. Brentford- Acton, Chiswick, Ealing, Great Greenford, Hanwell, Heston, Isleworth, New Brentford, Old Brentford, Perivale, Twickenham Hendon- Edgware, Great Stanmore, Harrow on the Hill, Harrow Weald, Hendon, Kingsbury, Little Stanmore, Pinner, Twyford Abbey , Wealdstone, Wembley, Willesden Barnet- Friern Barnet, Finchley, Monken Hadley, South Mimms. (partly in Hertfordshire) Edmonton: Edmonton, Enfield, Hornsey, Southgate, Tottenham, Wood Green (appears to include Cheshunt in Hertfordshire & Waltham Abbey in Essex) THE ABOVE CAN ONLY BE SEARCHED BY ADDRESS OR PAGE AND FOLIO NUMBERS. IT CANNOT BE SEARCHED BY NAMES. (1881 British Census) Is exactly the same as the 1881 census on familysearch, the only difference is that it covers scotland. Please give as much details as possible for me to be able to do a successful search for you. regards, Siobhan

Andrea

Andrea Report 25 Jan 2005 12:59

Hi Siobhan, Thanks for the offer ! Could you look on the 1861 please ? Could you please look for FREDERICK MITCHAM, his wife ELIZA and son FREDERICK. I am trying to find out if frederick Jnr had any siblings. They would be approximately 44, 43 and 9 in 1861. They all came from STAINES, and in 1871 lived in HAIL ST.....hoping they are there in '61 ! Thanks again, Andrea :o)

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 25 Jan 2005 13:41

Andrea, Here you go. 1861 census: Frederick Mitcham age 44 HEAD occupation Brewers ??? born Staines Eliza Mitcham age 42 WIFE born Hants Wood??? Frederick Mitcham age 9 SON born Staines Eliza Mitcham age 7 DAUR born Staines James Wood age 37 LODGER occupation Smith born Ramsgate Kent. living at Hale Street in Staines I also came across the following while searching, I don't know if they are related. Living at Birch Green in Staines Thomas Mitcham age 68 HEAD occupation Farm Labourer born in Wraybury Ann Mitcham age 58 WIFE born UNKNOWN. Regards, Siobhan

Andrea

Andrea Report 25 Jan 2005 13:45

Thank you...... You're a star !! Andrea :o)

Loops

Loops Report 25 Jan 2005 13:56

Thankyou for your very kind offer Could you find an Andrew (Meikle) Braes born 1821 in Muiavonside Stirling Scotland probably in same area possibly a shoemaker. regards Louise Braes (kent)

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 25 Jan 2005 14:07

Loops, Dwelling: 52 Main St Census Place: Maryhill, Lanark, Scotland Source: FHL Film 0203612 GRO Ref Volume 622-1 EnumDist 3 Page 11 Marr Age Sex Birthplace Henry SMART M 55 M Kilsyth, Stirling, Scotland Rel: Head Occ: Pithead Man Unemployed Margaret SMART M 56 F Muiravonside, Stirling, Scotland Rel: Wife William SMART U 21 M Maryhill, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Son Occ: Baker Andrew BRAES U 55 M Muiravonside, Stirling, Scotland Rel: Boarder Occ: Pitheadman regards, Siobhan

Loops

Loops Report 25 Jan 2005 14:25

thankyou thankyou thankyou, its been hard getting info from Scotland. Thanks to you I've got more details on my Grt Grandfathers brother. Who I'd only got details in 1851 Louise

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 25 Jan 2005 15:32

Loops, Have you tried the freecen website, as they have some counties for the 1841 and 1851 census. regards, Siobhan

Sarah

Sarah Report 25 Jan 2005 16:01

Thanks for the offer :) Please could you look up in Scotland 1881 census: James Pollock aged 9 who was probably living in Glasgow and was born in Glasgow. Not sure with whom or where he was living. Hope that is enough to go on, Many thanks again if you are able to do this, Sarah :)

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 25 Jan 2005 16:15

hi, could you please do a look-up in Scotland for me 1881 not sure if this is enough for you to go on. It is for a John Stewart 17yr and parents James and Janet/Jessie. Redgorton, Perth. Janet and James might be about 50.Is this enough for you to go on? thank you Marion

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 25 Jan 2005 16:19

Sarah, These are the only James Pollock's born in Glasgow and about the right age. POLLOCK, James Son <1869> Birth: Lana Glasgow Census: Lana Glasgow POLLOCK, James Son <1869> Birth: Renf Port Glasgow Census: Renf Port Glasgow POLLOCK, James B. Son <1869> Birth: Lana Glasgow Census: Edin Edinburgh St Cuthberts POLLOCK, James Son <1870> Birth: Lana Glasgow Census: Lana Barony POLLOCK, James Son <1871> Birth: Lana Glasgow Census: Lana Barony POLLOCK, James Son <1871> Birth: Lana Glasgow Census: Lana Glasgow POLLOCK, James Son <1871> Birth: Lana Glasgow Census: Lana Govan let me know which one you would like the full household for. Have you any idea of parents.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 25 Jan 2005 16:27

Marion, the only one that kind of matches is the following Dwelling: 104 Ferry Road Census Place: Dundee, Forfar, Scotland Source: FHL Film 0203486 GRO Ref Volume 282-4 EnumDist 11 Page 43 Marr Age Sex Birthplace James STEWART M 42 M Loch Broom, Ross and Cromarty, Scotland Rel: Head Occ: Coachman Jane STEWART M 40 F Kirkmichael, Perth, Scotland Rel: Wife James STEWART U 16 M Blair Athole, Perth, Scotland Rel: Son Occ: Grocer

Sarah

Sarah Report 25 Jan 2005 16:31

Siobhan, Thanks for looking up that for me. Are there any listed as born in 1872? He was born in January 1872 so he would have only been 9 for a few months. I don't know who he would have been living with, I think his Mother had died by then and his Father William Pollock born around 1843 may well have gone abroad by then. All I know was that he was born in Hutchesontown, Glasgow. I couldn't find him on any of the census' on scotlandspeople, so this is rather a long shot really! Thanks for your help, Sarah

Loops

Loops Report 25 Jan 2005 16:41

Siobhan I shall have a look on freencen tonight, thankyou for the advice. Louise Braes

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 25 Jan 2005 16:47

Sarah, There is this family: Dwelling: 130 Banach St Census Place: Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland Source: FHL Film 0203637 GRO Ref Volume 644-3 EnumDist 4 Page 10 Marr Age Sex Birthplace William POLLOCH M 35 M Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Head Occ: Glazier Jane POLLOCH M 35 F Redgorton, Perth, Scotland Rel: Wife James POLLOCH 9 M Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Son Occ: Scholar Robert POLLOCH 6 M Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Son Occ: Scholar William POLLOCH 1 M Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 25 Jan 2005 16:51

Sarah, There is also these ones, if going by the theory that his mother had died and father had gone abroad Dwelling: Canal St Census Place: Stevenston, Ayr, Scotland Source: FHL Film 0203609 GRO Ref Volume 615 EnumDist 6 Page 7 Marr Age Sex Birthplace James CUTHBERTSON M 33 M Saltcoats, Ayr, Scotland Rel: Head Occ: Ship Carpenter Jeanie CUTHBERTSON M 35 F Saltcoats, Ayr, Scotland Rel: Wife Occ: Ship Carpenters Wife Janet SHEDDEN U 17 F Saltcoats, Ayr, Scotland Rel: Cousin Occ: Worsted Weaver John POLLOCK 12 M Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Boarder Occ: Scholar James POLLOCK 8 M Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Boarder Occ: Scholar Charles GILCHRIST 11 M Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Boarder Institution: "Govan Combination Poorhouse Hospital Asylum" Census Place: Govan, Lanark, Scotland Source: FHL Film 0203687 GRO Ref Volume 646-1 EnumDist 45 Page 35 Marr Age Sex Birthplace James POLLOCK 8 M Govan, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Pauper Occ: Scholar Occ: Scholar

Sarah

Sarah Report 25 Jan 2005 16:55

Siobhan, Thanks so much for looking that up for me, I think he did have a brother John who would have been around that age so there is a possibility that that could be him. Thank you so much, Sarah :)

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 25 Jan 2005 17:00

Hello again, could i ask you to try another for me if you are not getting fed-up? 1881 census again, Dalserf/Larkhall Lanarkshire John Lockhart 21, father john, mother Isabella.again i am guessing at parent's ages about 40 ish. the son john 21, got married the folowing year so I hope he was at home lol. On the sons marrage cert father John was a Farmer if this helps. Thanks again Marion

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 25 Jan 2005 18:09

Marion, this is the closest match I could find. Dwelling: Mans Cottage Census Place: Dalserf, Lanark, Scotland Source: FHL Film 0203625 GRO Ref Volume 638-2 EnumDist 1 Page 4 Marr Age Sex Birthplace James NICOL M 58 M Dalserf, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Head Occ: General Labourer Marion NICOL M 68 F Strathavon, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Wife Occ: Labores Wife John LOCKHART U 21 M Rosebank, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Grandson Occ: Coalminer Is this his parents: Dwelling: 2 Park View Census Place: Cathcart, Renfrew, Scotland Source: FHL Film 0203567 GRO Ref Volume 560 EnumDist 5 Page 18 Marr Age Sex Birthplace John LOCKHART M 42 M Partick, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Head Occ: Chemist Isabella LOCKHART M 31 F Hamilton, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Wife James LOCKHART 9 M Maryhill, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Son Occ: Scholar John LOCKHART 8 M Maryhill, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Son Occ: Scholar Isabella LOCKHART 7 F Maryhill, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Daur Occ: Scholar Elizabeth LOCKHART 4 F Maryhill, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Daur Robert M. LOCKHART 2 M Maryhill, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Son Mary F. LOCKHART 3 m F Cathcart, Renfrew, Scotland Rel: Daur (Although there is another john, but that is not unusual to have two sons name the same) or this could be his mother widowed: Dwelling: 14 Walker St Census Place: Govan, Lanark, Scotland Source: FHL Film 0203688 GRO Ref Volume 646-2 EnumDist 4 Page 39 Marr Age Sex Birthplace Isabella LOCKHART W 40 F Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Head Willm. LOCKHART U 17 M Dumbarton Rel: Son Occ: Rivet Boy Isabella LOCKHART 14 F Rel: Daur Occ: Message Girl Christina LOCKHART 11 F Govan, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Daur Occ: Scholar Robert LOCKHART 9 M Govan, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Son Occ: Scholar Colin LOCKHART 8 M Govan, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Son Occ: Scholar