Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

loder /loader

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Micheal

Micheal Report 21 Jan 2010 22:36

if you feel that you could help ......please please help me.... as i have tryed and tryed to trace my great grandmother florence lousie or lousia loder or loader, she was married to george richard turner in 1915 at bicester in oxfordshire we have seen brith records for her two children that died only a few months old, one has loader and one has loder and on my grandfathers brith record it has loder but we cannot find any birth record for her and where she was from ,there was one from thame but that was not the right one ,so if you can help then please do
cheers
mike

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 21 Jan 2010 22:40

Help! A bit confusing - are you saying you are looking for the birth of Florence/Louisa Loder? Do you have her marriage details?
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 21 Jan 2010 22:43

This must be it:

Marriages Jun 1915 (>99%)

Loader Florence L P Turner Bicester 3a 2857
Turner George Loader Bicester 3a 2857

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Jan 2010 22:45

Is this the marriage? :-

Name: Florence L P Loader
Year of Registration: 1915
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
Spouse's Surname: Turner
District: Bicester
County: Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire
Volume: 3a
Page: 2857

Kath. x

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Jan 2010 22:46

Is this it?

Marriages Jun 1915
Loader Florence L P Turner Bicester 3a 2857
Turner George Loader Bicester 3a 2857

What does the P stand for, how old was she and who was her father?

Rose

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Jan 2010 22:51

If you buy the marriage certificate it should tell you whether or not Florence had been married before. There are a few marriages of a Florence L. marrying a Mr. Loader. If she had been married before this could be why you can't find a birth for her with the name Loader.

Kath. x

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 21 Jan 2010 22:57

Could you tell us please how you knew the one in Thame that you mention was not the right one.

Do you have more info that might be helpful in trying to find her birth

Micheal

Micheal Report 21 Jan 2010 23:02

kath that is very helpful where did you find florence l marrying a mr loader i was thinking about going tomorrow the get a copy of the marriage record to help me with puzzel as i have spent alot of time getting no where

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Jan 2010 23:04

When and where did she die? You can get her age from the death registration.

Rose

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 21 Jan 2010 23:04

how is Florence described on your grandfathers birth certificate

if she had been married before she would have been "Florence Turner formerly xxxxxxx lately (or similar wording) Loader"

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 21 Jan 2010 23:05

This is the site you need to use:

www.freebmd.org.uk

Have a look and play around - very satisfying to find your own stuff!

Jan

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Jan 2010 23:06

There's this one but you really need the marriage cert.

Schedule type Last names First names Sex Birth year Age in 1911 District / other County / other Transcript Original page
HOUSEHOLD LODER ALBERT M 1858 53 St George London
HOUSEHOLD LODER EMMA F 1851 60 St George London
HOUSEHOLD LODER FLORENCE LOUISA F 1884 27 St George London

Edit: She married Thomas A Allen.

Rose

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Jan 2010 23:11

As Jan has already said, I found the marriages of a few Florence L's to Loader on www.freebmd.org.uk

Kath. x

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 21 Jan 2010 23:17

Michael

we might be able to help more if you could answer all the questions you have been asked please

Micheal

Micheal Report 21 Jan 2010 23:35

on the transcrips it says loder on cyrils john turner brith record that's all i can give you as i dont have any hard copy of that brith record or deatils from it cheer's for helping
mike

Micheal

Micheal Report 21 Jan 2010 23:36

rose , she died in woodstock in oxfordshire on the 25 august 1962

Micheal

Micheal Report 21 Jan 2010 23:38

ann i am still new to this and i am giving you all i can on this person that i know of so please bear with me
many thanks for the help that you are giving me
mike

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 21 Jan 2010 23:46

OK Michael

If you are going to get that marriage certificate let us know when you have it and the details it gives then we can take it from there

I assume you do not need Cyril's birth certificate to be sure of his parents names. How did you find them? Family stories can often be misleading

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Jan 2010 23:47

This must be the death registration:

England & Wales, Death Index: 1916-2005
about Florence L Turner
Name: Florence L Turner
Death Registration Month/Year: 1962
Age at death (estimated): 83
Registration district: Chipping Norton
Inferred County: Oxfordshire
Volume: 6b
Page: 774

Makes her born c1879 and about 36 when she married. Given her age, she was probably married before.

Rose

Micheal

Micheal Report 22 Jan 2010 00:22

rose i think i have found her maiden name it could be shepherd there is a record of a florence lousie loader (shepherd) giving birth to a child in dec 1912 in bicester but no more info on that record number 3a 2026 i think this could be wrong and looking into this to much that could be florence lousie loader being born 1912 mothers maiden name shepherd just got lost in this