Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find info

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Mar 2009 02:24

i am trying to find info on stephen hornibrook he married my mother in august 1949 and his fathers name was james who was an army pensioner, i have been told he went to the states in the late 1950s but this is not definate, i have no other info and can not seem to find can any one help

Vicci

Vicci Report 7 Mar 2009 02:52

was he from England? when was he born? what was his occupation?
where did he and your mother marry?

(I thought you said that you had the marriage certifcate)

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Mar 2009 03:08

hi victoria i am not positive if he was born here, and then went to america, the details on the marriage cert are he was 22 when he got married on 13th august 1949, in the district of paddington, his occupation is listed as fish fryer thanks

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Mar 2009 04:16

n

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Mar 2009 04:56

i am finding it hard locating any info, could someone tell me how i could check if stephen hornibrook was in america is there a site i can check

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Mar 2009 05:12

im not sure the profession of his father james states army pensioner

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Mar 2009 05:19

no it does not say he died

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Mar 2009 05:27

yes could be, i can remember being told some time in late 50s he went back to america, but not sure about that, wondering if he was serving over here, but surely his dad would not be an army pensioner would he if he was american

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Mar 2009 05:36

yes but could you tell me how to check many thanks

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Mar 2009 05:43

fairthorne i am having to switch off now as have to be at work for 6 but would appreciate any info you can find, i will check in tomorrow and thanks

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Mar 2009 14:38

n

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Mar 2009 15:13

i have checked the passenger list, can not find him, hopefully that means he may have stayed in england, all i know is he was born in 1927 so why cant i find any birth certificate for him can somebody please help

Dawn

Dawn Report 10 Mar 2009 00:33

can anyone help, all weekend i have been trying to find any info on stephen hornibrook no records of him leaving to go to the usa and yet no records here does anyone have an idea

Dawn

Dawn Report 10 Mar 2009 01:27

n

Dawn

Dawn Report 10 Mar 2009 01:40

thankyou fairthorn for your reply all last week i have and found my father with you and other kind GR members, then this other name has now surfaced, as you can imagine i am truly confused, i have sent for the full birth cert of dawn hornibrook to see who is down as the father, but i am not sure how two different b.cert can have different surnames maybe someone can help with this

Dawn

Dawn Report 10 Mar 2009 01:59

ok the link to stephen hornibrook, he married my mum alice mcquade her maiden name, in 1949 then some time she met john donovan i was born in 56, i was told john donovan is my father, then not sure what happened, if she went back to stephen i dont know, but i was told he wanted to take me to usa and adopt me, so very confusing,on donovan b.cert john donovan is down as father. the other b.c. is coming this week, also i have tried to look all weekend regarding stephen hornibrook, checked passages out of england up till 1960, his name was not on it

Susan

Susan Report 10 Mar 2009 02:41

Hi Dawn I am a little confused with this post,is John Donovan now not your father and if he is have you heard back from him or the care home yet.Susan

Susan

Susan Report 10 Mar 2009 06:34

England & Wales, Death Index: 1984-2005
about John Stephen Hornibrook
Name: John Stephen Hornibrook
Birth Date: 26 Dec 1927
Death Registration Month/Year: Nov 1990
Age at death (estimated): 62
Registration district: Westminster
Inferred County: London
Volume: 15
Page: 1861

Only 1927 Birth to come up but he died in 1990

Susan

Susan Report 10 Mar 2009 07:23

Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Mar 1928 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HORNIBROOK John S O'Driscoll Kensington 1a 213

This is the only other one ,No stephen birth only John s

Susan

Susan Report 10 Mar 2009 07:35

Found his marriage in the Indexes
Stephen Hornibrook marr McQuade Paddington 5a 550.
Sept Qua 1949

I am afraid that is all I can find on him,no sign of him leaving England so I don't know,maybe he did die and he just went by his Second name Stephen instead of John.Sue