Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cullen

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Sleepy

Sleepy Report 28 Feb 2009 19:08

Hi Everyone

John Cullen was born on 13th April 1926, to the parents of Mildred Joyce Cullen (nee Cozens) who married William Thomas Cullen in 1924.

John was born in the sub district of Godalming, Surrey. I have John's birth cert and I already have his parents marriage cert, John would be about 86xyrs old now.

I have for a long time been trying to trace John and to see if he is still living or whether he got married and had children who maybe still living.

I am really stuck on this and I can't get any further.

Johns Mother died in 1990, and I think it was in Surry South West hope this info helps.

Thank you very much.

This message has been updated by me Sunday 6th May 2012

I have added further info on this thread today 10th Aug 2012 please see page 3 of this
thread thank you

I have edited this message today Tuesday 7th July 2015, I. Have added further information, I found this family. please read thank you.

Sleepy

Sleepy Report 1 Mar 2009 14:14

N

Sleepy

Sleepy Report 5 Mar 2009 16:36

N

Sleepy

Sleepy Report 19 Mar 2009 19:19

Nudge

Sleepy

Sleepy Report 6 May 2012 14:22

Nudging from Sunday 6th May 2012, desperately need more info please, my old message is from the 28th February 2009. can't get any further.

Thank you.

Sue C

Sue C Report 6 May 2012 14:35

Is there a chance he could have emigrated?

Lynne From Up North !!

Lynne From Up North !! Report 6 May 2012 14:39

Death of Mildred Joyce Cullen:

Name: Mildred Joyce Cullen
Birth Date: 22 Dec 1903
Date of Registration: Feb 1990
Age at Death: 86
Registration district: Surrey South-western
Inferred County: Surrey
Volume: 17
Page: 1349

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 6 May 2012 14:41

My cousin married a Cullen. Sadly she died last year but I am still in touch with her husband. I don't think his family were from the Godalming, Surrey area but I am happy to email him and see if he knows anything about your Cullens. He goes away quite a lot so if he isn't around at the moment you might have to wait a few days for an answer. I'll let you know if I hear from him.

Vera

Sleepy

Sleepy Report 6 May 2012 14:51

Hi Vera Suffolk and Everyone who has replied.

I really don't know if he emigrated but John's Father William Cullen was born in Aldershot Hampshire approx 1900/1901, and Williams Father was Benjamin George Cullen who appears on William and Mildred's marriage cert.

Yes that would be great if you e-mailed please as we never know could possibly be some help. Thank you very much.

Sleepy

Sleepy Report 6 May 2012 15:50

Nudge

Sleepy

Sleepy Report 6 May 2012 17:00

Nudge

Sleepy

Sleepy Report 6 May 2012 17:23

Hi All

Even though I have John's birth cert, which is correct.

I have just had another look on here for Johns's birth record and it says he was registered in Guildford Surrey and and Guildford and Godalming are next door to each other.

Hope this info helps and thank you very much from all the people on here trying to help me, it seems John has disappeared into thin air hope we will be able to find further info. I still cannot find a death for him.

Sue C

Sue C Report 6 May 2012 18:16

The reason I asked whether he might have emigrated is because of these two found on the passenger lists. If a death can't be found in the UK, maybe this line of thought is a possibility

Name: John CULLEN
Date of departure: 27 July 1953
Port of departure: Southampton
Passenger destination port: Quebec, Canada
Passenger destination: Quebec, Canada

Date of Birth: 1926 (calculated from age)
Marital status:
Sex: Male

Name: John CULLEN
Date of departure: 23 August 1948
Port of departure: Liverpool
Passenger destination port: Montreal, Canada
Passenger destination: Montreal, Canada

Date of Birth: 1926 (calculated from age)
Marital status:
Sex: Male

Sleepy

Sleepy Report 6 May 2012 18:35

Hi Sue

How do I go about that because I have no idea and thank you very much for helping me.

This is a really hard one and I am not sure if one of those John Cullen is the same man that I am looking for but who knows. Its a chance.

Sue C

Sue C Report 6 May 2012 19:23

I really don't know if you are ever going to be able to find him, and I don't know what you can do next.

Strange things happen....emigration, perhaps a name change for some reason...

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 6 May 2012 19:35

Hello Darkie, what research have you done into marriages and deaths for John?

Sleepy

Sleepy Report 7 May 2012 13:52

Hi Marie Celeste and Everyone that is trying to help me, John's Cullen's Father was William Cullen and William was born approx 1900/01 in Aldershot, and Mildred Joyce Cozens, Mildred was b.1903/04 in Petersfield Hampshire, William's Father is Benjamin George Cullen and I am not sure where he was born but Benjamin was actually living at 25 Lansdowne Road Aldershot Hampshire in 1924.

John's parents William and Mildred got married on 3rd September 1924, at Holy Trinity Church in the parish of Aldershot in the county of Southampton.

At the time Mildred was actually living at the Infirmary Farnham Surrey so she must have been working there.

Hope this further info helps.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 7 May 2012 13:57

Hi Darkie, what I was meaning was have you searched all BMD records?

Sleepy

Sleepy Report 7 May 2012 14:03

Sorry Marie Celeste

I misunderstood the message: I have searched Freebmd, on GR site, in Findmypast and Ancestry. I am only a member of GR only.

Sleepy

Sleepy Report 7 May 2012 18:20

Good Evening

All I can do now is try and get John's Mother's death cert to see who the informant was on there in case it could have been John's name if he was still living.

I don't know if this will help but I hope so.

Thank you very much everyone for helping me.