Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

violet lilian bone born 6/12/1917

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anthony

Anthony Report 31 Jul 2010 19:25

am trying to trace any details of my mother nee violet lilian bone born to margaret bone who was living in arkesden essex i think, any help would be apreciated

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 31 Jul 2010 19:30

Hello Anthony

It is very difficult to trace living people, and we must be careful not to put details on a public website such as this, regarding living people.

I didn't understand the names you gave, could you explain again? Also an approximate year of birth might help. EDIT, sorry didn't spot it was in your heading. I am with it now.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 31 Jul 2010 19:35

Might this be her birth?

England & Wales, Birth Index: 1916-2005
about Violet L Light
Name: Violet L Light
Mother's Maiden Surname: Bone
Date of Registration: Jan Feb Mar 1918
Registration district: Willesden
Registration county: Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Middlesex
Volume Number: 3a
Page Number: 415 (click to see others on page)

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 31 Jul 2010 19:45

Marriages Jun 1910 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BALLS Alice Mary Willesden 3a 431
>>>>BONE Margaret Willesden 3a 431
BUCKLEY Herbert Ernest Willesden 3a 431
>>>>LIGHT Charles Henry Willesden 3a 431

Mike *

Mike * Report 31 Jul 2010 19:49

Can you delete your other thread before things get duplicated please.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 31 Jul 2010 19:55

Thanks, Michael. For anyone looking - there is nothing on it, cos Michael got in there fast!

jax

jax Report 31 Jul 2010 19:56

1911 census - household transcription
Person: LIGHT, Charles Henry
Address: 1 Granville Road Kilburn

Cost:
You will be charged 10 credits for a transcript and 30 credits for an image, unless you have purchased a subscription for this set of records.

census search results 1911 address search redefine current search
Name Relation Condition/
Yrs married Sex Age Birth
Year Occupation Where Born Original
census

LIGHT, Charles Henry Head Married
1 years M 23 1888 Carman London Willesden VIEW
LIGHT, Margaret Wife Married F 18 1893 London Willesden VIEW

jax

jax Report 31 Jul 2010 19:58

Births Dec 1911 (>99%)

Light Charles H Bone Willesden 3a 512

Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page

Births Dec 1913 (>99%)

Light Mary C Bone Willesden 3a 507

Births Mar 1916 (>99%)

Light Margaret L Bone Willesden 3a 570

Births Mar 1918 (99%)

Light Violet L Bone Willesden 3a 415

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 31 Jul 2010 19:59

We need Anthony to come back - according to his birth record, his mother's maiden name doesn't tie up with my research - but it does tie up slightly with Ginny's.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 1 Aug 2010 00:39

Anthony has pmd me. I am not at all sure that Violet Lilian Bone is his mother. I have asked him more questions.

Now, how very interesting, Ginny. I have found an alternative death for Violet L Didcott, with exactly the same reference numbers, and same date of birth as yours. Violet L Baldock.

Never come across this before.

Same woman?

England & Wales, Marriage Index: 1916-2005
about Violet L Baldock
Name: Violet L Baldock
Spouse Surname: Didcott
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1969
Registration district: Saffron Walden
Registration county (inferred): Essex
Volume Number: 4a
Page Number: 2398
Find Spouse: Find Spouse

Ronald D Didcott.

A divorce? Why two death entries?

jax

jax Report 1 Aug 2010 00:57

I found two death entries for my gt grandmother but it was christian names one in the name of Ellen and the other in the name of Eleanor

jax

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 1 Aug 2010 02:22

Anthony, I think you have to get the marriage certificate of Violet L Baldock to Ronald D Didcott.

Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1969
Registration district: Saffron Walden
Registration county (inferred): Essex
Volume Number: 4a
Page Number: 2398

I can't see a way forward without it.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 1 Aug 2010 02:25

Pm sent to ask him to come back.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 1 Aug 2010 07:59

Just to say Didcott Violet Lilian was cremated Cambridge 1999.
(date of death, cremation and home address, can be seen, on pay to view site) www.deceasedonline.com

Chris :)

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 1 Aug 2010 21:46

I can't understand why he isn't returning to the thread. I've had PMs from him too.

Anthony, the marriage of Margaret Bone to Mr Light was posted on the first page:

BALLS Alice Mary Willesden 3a 431
>>>>BONE Margaret Willesden 3a 431
BUCKLEY Herbert Ernest Willesden 3a 431
>>>>LIGHT Charles Henry Willesden 3a 431

Followed by the 1911 census, where the pair are living together. I can't see how you can know who her grandfather is when we've only just discovered who she is.

jax

jax Report 1 Aug 2010 21:51

well if she was born 1891 I cannot see one living with her grandfather

jax

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 1 Aug 2010 22:00

And to add, you say no trace has been found of her after 1911 - well it has. Jax found four children born to her. She was definitely around. Which is more than can be said about the frustrated helpers on this thread - and I don't blame them!

However, I've sent him another PM in case he's embarassed about the family relationships, explaining that we don't give a monkeys and just want to help him find his family history.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 1 Aug 2010 22:14

Well, I sent Anthony one of my how to find and respond to your thread messages. It has been opened but not acknowledged. Cx

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 1 Aug 2010 23:00

Already done that Cynthia, at least twice. In very Plain English.

Anthony

Anthony Report 2 Aug 2010 19:31

Brilliant, didnt know this thread thing was here, thank you for pointing me in the right direction and apologies for not getting back in the correct manner