Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do you want a Bucks 1851 census lookup?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 7 Aug 2003 18:37

I have recently purchased a copy of the CD for the 1851 census for Bucks. If you would like me to do a lookup for you then post the details here or email me and i will answer as many as i can. Alison

summerdaze

summerdaze Report 7 Aug 2003 19:00

Hi Alison Yes please that would be great. I'm looking for anyone with the name WATERTON , FOSKETT , CLARK or EDMONDS. Is this being to greedy ? Janet

Nicki

Nicki Report 7 Aug 2003 19:17

Alison, Thanks for the offer. Anyone with the name CARR, ING or STEVENS, in the High Wycombe, Stokenchurch area. Any info would be a great help.

Alison

Alison Report 7 Aug 2003 20:29

Nicola There are 10 INGs in Stokenchurch but none in High Wycombe. There are 11 CARRs in High Wycombe 0 in Stokenchurch. 70 STEVENS in H W ; 7 in Stokenchurch. If you have a specific name you would like me to look up or a list of any of these then please let me know. Alison

Alison

Alison Report 7 Aug 2003 20:31

Janet There were 21 WATERTONs in Bucks. 50 FOSKETTs in Bucks 913 CLARKs and 144 EDMONDs . Do you have a specific parish that you would like me to look at? Alison

Nicki

Nicki Report 7 Aug 2003 21:24

Alison, Henry Ing born c1831. Father George Ing, Mother Mary (possibly) Stokenchurch area. George & Eliza Carr. Only date I have is that of their son who was born in 1853. They may come under Lane End/Great Marlow area. Thomas & Mary Stevens. Married in 1846 of full age, only other date I have is that of son Herbert born in 1864. Thanks again for all your help. Nicki

Alison

Alison Report 7 Aug 2003 23:38

Nicola There is a Henry Ing aged 18 a Farm Labourer his parents are Mary age 46 and William 42 also a farm labourer. His siblings are Eliza, Frederick, Ellen, John, Edward. The family lives in Stokenchurch now but he was born in Bacons Bottom, Oxfordshire. George age 37 and Eliza age 36 Carr . He is a sawyer and she is a lace maker. Children are William 11, Henry 8, Mary Ann 3, John 8m. Thomas b stokenchurch ( address no as Ridge) and Mary Stevens are listed. Too early for Herbert but there are other children listed: Sarah 11 , Ann 7 , Maria 3 , William 1m. Also Thomas 42 of Cheddington and Mary 2 children Also Thomas 23 of Syddenham and Mary Ann 0- children If any of these ring true and you want the full details then drop me a line! Alison

Nicki

Nicki Report 8 Aug 2003 18:42

Thanks to both Alison and Deborah for all your help. Spot on with Henry Ing and George Carr, as for Thonas & Mary Stevens it could be either Stokenchurch or Syddenham, although I'm leaning towards Stokenchurch as The Ridge is the area of West Wycombe in which I know Herbert was born. If it's not too much trouble could I please have the details of both of these and then I promise I will leave you alone!!! Thanks again for all your help. Nicki

David

David Report 8 Aug 2003 20:14

I thought Ludgershall was in Wiltshire, but just seen an entry which suggests its in Bucks. If it is could you see if you could find a family containing William Hab(b)erfield aged about 14.

Alison

Alison Report 8 Aug 2003 20:55

Ludgershall is indeed listed as a parish on the Buckingham Census, however i can find no reference to any Haberfields with either spelling. Sorry. Alison

Alison

Alison Report 8 Aug 2003 21:05

Hi Nicki, This is what I found: Thomas Stevens 38 b Stokenchurch AG Lab Mary Stevens 28 b Bledlow Sarah Stevens 11 b Bledlow Lace Maker Ann Stevens 7 b Bledlow Lace Maker William Stevens 3 b Bledlow Lace Maker Maria Stevens 1m b Bledlow Emma Newell Servant 18 b Stokenchurch The family live in Ridge, Emmuneration District is Bledlow Ridge Hope this helps Alison

summerdaze

summerdaze Report 8 Aug 2003 21:20

Hi Alison Sorry couldn't get back onto this site again after 8pm last night ,I tried until 5.30 a.m. Thanx for the info,the areas I think I need are Wendover and Weston Turville Aylesbury . Does this sound right . Thanx once again Janet

Alison

Alison Report 8 Aug 2003 21:50

Janet, There are no Waterton’s in either of these parishes. Tha majority seem to be ineither Ivinghoe or Frithsden. There are no Fosketts either. Quite a few in Aston Clinton. Wendover Robert Clark 25 b Aylesbury Butler Ann Clark 23 b Broughton Thomas Clark 3m b Wendover 18 Clarks in Weston Turville EDMONDS in Weston T John E…64 ag lab Mary E…75 staw plaiter Emma 19 grandaughter lace maker EDMONDS in Wendover George Bandy 68 Hannah Hobbs 48 servant Ann Edmonds 4 visitor Peter 41, Joseph 15 (both Hay Binders) and James 9 Edmonds were lodging with Joseph and Sarah Burch Hope this helps some more! Alison

summerdaze

summerdaze Report 8 Aug 2003 22:51

Hi Alison That's great. Aston Clinton , just asked someone and they said that they remembered Aston Clinton as being mentioned by relations. Could I possibly bother you yet again!! janet

David

David Report 9 Aug 2003 09:52

Have found there are 2 Ludgershall's, my habberfield's were in the Wiltshire one, not the Bucks one. Sorry for wasting your time.

Alison

Alison Report 9 Aug 2003 09:59

Alison Could you look up William Clilverd for me in Upton cum Chalvey or Stoke Poges thanks

Alison

Alison Report 9 Aug 2003 11:08

Hi Alison, I found this reference to Clilverds in Stoke Poges. There are none living in Upton. John Clilverd 51 b Upton c Ch Bootmaker Elizabeth Clilverd 47 b Wexham Lucy Clilverd 22 b Stoke Poges Servant to parents! Benjamin Clilverd 17 b Stoke Poges Shoemaker Henry Clilverd 14 b Stoke Poges Frederick Clilverd 12 b Stoke Poges Edward Clilverd 9 b Stoke Poges 2 Apprentice shoemakers also lived with the family. Hope this helps Alison

Alison

Alison Report 9 Aug 2003 11:20

Thank Alison I already had this entry. William was a Wine spirit and beer merchant in the same Village for some reason he doesnt show up on any census until 1901, even though the buisness had been there for over 70 years started by his father William who also doesnt seem to show up. Worth a try anyway

Alison

Alison Report 9 Aug 2003 11:22

Ok Janet – here we go! Joseph Foskett 45 b Buckland Ag lab Mary Foskett 46 All the rest b Aston Clinton. plaiter Hester Ann Foskett 19 plaiter Susan Foskett 17 plaiter Ann Foskett 14 plaiter Samuel Foskett 11 plaiter Charles Foskett 9 plaiter Joseph Foskett 4 plaiter Ann 23 head of house. All born in Aston Clinton. Straw plaiter George 1 Frederick 6m Selina 20 sister straw plaiter Job 46 b Ato0n Clinton and all children too. Ag lab Elizabeth 46 b Aylesbury John 20 ag lab Job 17 ag lab Elizabeth 15 plaiter Ann 13 plaiter Emma 7 plaiter George 68 all born in A.C. ag lab Elizabeth 69 Matthew 54 ag lab John 16 ag lab William 63 b A C Ag lab Hannah 64 b Haddenahm Any luck? Alison

Alison

Alison Report 9 Aug 2003 14:34

Thanks Debbie Thats one of my Williams the other would be the son aged 28 in 1851 I know his buisness was in Upton the father must have moved out and started another in Burnham