Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GC - New look Site

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 18 Sep 2003 10:12

It's amazing what people do while your are asleep. I log on this morning to a brand new site. The menus look different. Lots more pictures. Looks ok. I wonder if they have upgraded the software to handle inter-family marriages yet? Paul

Oz Mozz

Oz Mozz Report 18 Sep 2003 11:08

Don't give them tooooooo many compliments Paul! lol Last time I said how great the new look was it got changed back within hours! Perhaps it was something I said ..... :( It is really cool though! Let's hope it stays this way. Sonja

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 18 Sep 2003 11:12

Its the first time that ive seen the new look. i feel like a kid with a new toy! im off to explore now elaine x

Keely

Keely Report 18 Sep 2003 11:26

I think it is much more better this way too! Its more colourful!

BrianW

BrianW Report 18 Sep 2003 11:30

Only problem I'm finding at the moment is that the green flashing cursor when you are typing a message is too faint to see where it is easily if you go back in the message to make an alteration.

Maxine

Maxine Report 18 Sep 2003 11:49

Looks good to me - I've leaving test gaps in this message to see if it still does the old "lump all the text together" trick! Going to look in the shop now! Regards MAxine

Andy

Andy Report 18 Sep 2003 12:09

The delicate shade of green is certainly more tasteful! I would have preferred them to have retained the individual boards down the left hand side of the screen, whereas now you have to click on Message Boards and then find the one you want. That probably makes me sound really lazy, but when you get so used to doing something a certain way, it's slightly annoying when they change it and make it less immediate.

Jen

Jen Report 18 Sep 2003 12:15

andrew i must agree with you could flip from one board to another faster but i do like the colour loads better on the eyes i suppose we cant have every we want

Debbie

Debbie Report 18 Sep 2003 12:15

Andrew No your not lazy I agree with you I used to click on anyone and it would come up straight away, but now you have to click on that then find what you want it is defitenly more work. Debbie

Debbie

Debbie Report 18 Sep 2003 12:19

see I have just wrote the last message, and when I pressed enter it came to this then when I pressed back it just went to the same message again now to get back to the tips board you have to go back to message board again and then tips board again. Its all very well them changing things but I thought it was meant to make things easier not damn harder and this writing is so small. why cant they ask what there customers like first instead of just changing it. Yes I am in a moany mood today. and waffling on just ignore me. Debbie

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 18 Sep 2003 12:29

I like it, it looks much smarter, and lime green was never my favourite colour. I'm sure in a day or two we shall all be zipping about the site as if the other one had never existed.

Dave & Sally

Dave & Sally Report 18 Sep 2003 12:31

Debra. Just go tp message list at the top. It takes you back to the list of messages Sally

Janet

Janet Report 18 Sep 2003 12:33

Debra You can increase the text size yourself, by clicking on 'view' on your toolbar and then on 'text size'. Janet

Judith

Judith Report 18 Sep 2003 13:31

Is it me or is it extremely slow? Judith

mab

mab Report 18 Sep 2003 14:46

e x t r e m e l y slow Judith. Hope that is temporary. I love the new format & colours though, Marian

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 18 Sep 2003 20:02

guess I'm in the minority then, looks good but this colour comination is giving me a headache really fast. And also agree with earlier comments about being able to change boards easier, takes longer now sorry GC not my cup of tea Shelli

Debbie

Debbie Report 18 Sep 2003 20:31

Dave Doh I forgot that was there. thanks Janet I have never had to change the text size I have always had it on medium. but now I have to put it on large. and all the other sites now look odd. And this white is too bright cant read properly, No Im afraid I cant stand it. and the navigating to the message boards is becoming really boring. Debbie

Joan

Joan Report 18 Sep 2003 21:03

think the new site looks good but do my eyes deceive me, WHERE has the old links button gone? found this useful as it saved me adding to favorites. jo

Andy

Andy Report 18 Sep 2003 21:12

Jo, The Links section can now be found under Resource Centre. Andy.

Sidami

Sidami Report 18 Sep 2003 21:44

All these flashing adverts has given me a headache, not sure as I want to stay on here for long, does any one else agree? Sue...........................