Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Exciting - someone famous on my FreeBMD transcribi

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cali

Cali Report 10 Oct 2003 18:09

I'm transcribing Q2 1881 Deaths which are mainly typed, but handwritten at the bottom of page 18 is Beaconsfield (Earl of) 76 St. Geo. H. Sq etc.. The Earl of Beaconsfield was Benjamin Disraeli, the former Prime Minister! Strange that it doesn't actually give his actual surname or first name... Anyone else transcribed anyone famous or notorious?

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Oct 2003 20:31

I've seen the request for transcribers and have always thought it would be a good thing to do. Would you recommend it? Is it difficult or does it get boring! All these things matter after all! Eleanor

Maxine

Maxine Report 10 Oct 2003 20:39

Hi Caroline You lucky devil - I havn't had anyone remotely famous! Maxine

Sylvie

Sylvie Report 10 Oct 2003 20:43

nor me - Mind you I'm so hooked up to magnifying glasses, jewellers eye glasses and daylight bulbs that I probably wouldn't notice! Sylvie

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 10 Oct 2003 20:53

Eleanor I have just started to transcribe for freecen and if I can have a go at my old age then anyone can They are crying out for transcribers. Ann,Darlington

Vivienne

Vivienne Report 11 Oct 2003 00:25

:-( I have offered and left my emil address three times now. I have so much spare time on my hands - but no one has contacted me at all. I do however, transcribe for One Great Family, and would love to do more!!

Vivienne

Vivienne Report 11 Oct 2003 00:26

:-( I have offered and left my emil address three times now. I have so much spare time on my hands - but no one has contacted me at all. I do however, transcribe for One Great Family, and would love to do more!!

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 11 Oct 2003 04:03

Viv,, Do you fancy popping round to my house and helping me scrape the wallpaper off in the front hallway...Well,,,,you said you had some time to spare,,,,lol Claire x

Terence

Terence Report 11 Oct 2003 07:11

Hi Viv I've just started transcribing on freeBMD. I have joined Brians Scan Syndicate. As far as I know, they are still looking for more transcribers. Terry on the Rock

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Oct 2003 07:44

Well thanks for all the encouragement! Maybe i'll contact FreeBMD! Eleanor

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 11 Oct 2003 08:04

I have been a freebmd transcriber for almost three years now and would highly recommend it. I decided to do it the first time I found my first relative on the FreeBMD site. I was so excited by my find that I figured there were lots of other people waiting for their first find too. I haven't found anyone famous myself, however a friend of mine transcribed the record for Charlie Chaplin. It can get depressing when you spend days transcribing pages of deaths though, all those young babies .

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 11 Oct 2003 15:04

Vivienne Freecen need transcribing have you tied them? Ann,Darlington

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Oct 2003 16:07

Ann, excuse my ignorance, but where does one find Freecen? I'm still learning!!!! Thanks Eleanor