Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My Great News!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 21 Nov 2003 18:05

My sister rang me yesterday to say that she is having a visit from one of our 1/2 brothers on Tuesday. He lives in South Africa, she has met him before and has been in touch for quite a while. She asked me if i would be interested im meeting him for the first time. I spoke to my boss and she said i could have the day off. I am feeling excited at the mo, buy i bet on the day i will be as nervous as hell and very emotional. Maybe know i Will be able to get his and another 1/2 brothers dob and be able to obtain their birth certs to add to the 2 I have of 2 more 1/2 siblings all of whom I have never seen. ROLL ON TUESDAY!!!

Pamela

Pamela Report 21 Nov 2003 18:08

Well that is very nice for you, but why put a message on the tips board?

Natalie

Natalie Report 21 Nov 2003 18:25

That's fantastic news - I hope things go well, keep us updated! Natalie Surrey

Olgiza

Olgiza Report 21 Nov 2003 18:29

A Note for Pamela. It is obvious that you are not aware of the ups and downs experienced by some contributore to this site but I for one am very pleased that there is some good news. Many people just ask their questions and then drift away. Others keep us up to date with the successes. I wish I had as much good news and when I eventually do this is where I will post it because there are many other contributors who would have made it possible and who will share the joy. I am not trying to nag but having read back the above it really does sound like it. Grumpy Roger from Eastbourne.

Jan From Bristol

Jan From Bristol Report 21 Nov 2003 18:31

Great News hope it all goes well for you jan :)

Chris

Chris Report 21 Nov 2003 18:54

Brilliant News Fi Have a great day on Tuesday Chris

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 21 Nov 2003 19:01

Thats wonderful Fi. I hope you have a lovely day and dont forget too many of the questions that you had planned to ask him, Roger,,,,I second what you have said, Claire

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 21 Nov 2003 19:04

I don't know if it is just me, but I am a bit shocked by Pamela's reply. I know sometimes it annoys people when others post on the wrong message board. But surely there is no harm in someone sharing their good news with us. I've only been away 4 days, perhaps things have changed. But I was just really shocked by the sharp reply and thought I had to post this.

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 21 Nov 2003 19:10

fi i hope the meeting goes well, I'm sure it will. Have a great time lou x

Allie

Allie Report 21 Nov 2003 19:18

Fi, Thats great news! I'm really pleased for you. Will be thinking of you on Tuesday. Allie.

Michele

Michele Report 21 Nov 2003 19:23

Fi Good for you! I'm thrilled for you. I hope all goes well on Tuesday, I'll be thinking of you. I agree with you Siobhan. We are here to support each other through successes and those not so happy times. Michele

Terence

Terence Report 21 Nov 2003 19:34

Hi Fi (just thought I'd be a little poetic) So pleased to hear your good news. Just to add to the celebrations, today, thanks to a GC member I've found my G/Grandmother after many months of searching. Best wishes for Tuesday. Terry on the Rock

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 21 Nov 2003 19:59

Thanks everyone so far Fi

Sandra

Sandra Report 21 Nov 2003 20:19

I think its great news personally I love to hear of others success it gives me hope I have got some great contacts and this site is about families and I always daft I know but I rhink of this as an extention to my family good luck sandra

Oz Mozz

Oz Mozz Report 21 Nov 2003 20:52

Fi That is BRILLIANT!! A tip (so you ARE posting on the RIGHT board!!) ~ write down all the things you want to ask and keep a copy! This is twofold in reason. First it will give you something to do for the next few days instead of running about in delerious circles of happiness and second, if you don't get time to ask all what you want to, then you can leave the list with your brother. That way he can answer them later when his head is a bit clearer too! He is probably feeling just as you do!! I will be thinking of you Wednesday evening! Tuesday morning your time! Sonja in Oz!

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 21 Nov 2003 21:48

Brilliant news Fi, have a good day on Tuesday. It's good to hear some good news on here after the bad news that we have been getting. Maggy, West Yorkshire

Pam

Pam Report 21 Nov 2003 22:32

Congratulations Fi and Angel..........When someone has good news to broadcast does it matter where it appears? You were both so nice and welcoming to me when we spoke on the members board.....Pam

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 21 Nov 2003 22:44

Fi, glad to hear your good news :-) Maz. XX

Georgina

Georgina Report 21 Nov 2003 22:47

Dear Fi, so glad that this site helps us find live family, as well as dead and dusty ancestors. As for pam's remark - when you get good news you'll tell anyone who will listen!

Julie

Julie Report 21 Nov 2003 22:47

And it is great news! I love reading all of the messages posted on the tips (and other) boards, and have been really heartened by the support most(!) people give on this site... long may it continue. Julie