Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Has anyone noticed...

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 14 Jan 2004 14:57

In their tree's that certain dates pop up again and again. I find this amazing in my own tree that people have died on the same day as people were born and on more than one occasion. Also the similarities between people, if anyone see's a picture of my Mum when she was young and me, they think it's the same person yet I also showed my brother an old photo of my G Grandmother 1862-1912 and he thought it was me dressed in an old costume. (I was born in 1973) Naomi

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 14 Jan 2004 15:25

It's not so much dates as days in my family. My mum and dad were both born on Thursday, as was I and my 3 children. When I was expecting the last one we joked about getting odds for her being born on Thursday but we didn't really expect it to happen!!!! Sheila

Margaret

Margaret Report 14 Jan 2004 16:01

18th October and 28th September keep cropping up in my tree Margaret

Janet

Janet Report 14 Jan 2004 16:36

I keep finding that my ancestors were born or died on my current family birthdates. My gt grandfather's inquest in 1880 was held on my birthdate, and his widow died on the same date in 1928. I've found events that match my sister's birthdate, and my son's, too, plus a few others I can't remember at the moment. Spooky. Jan

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 14 Jan 2004 19:50

I really hate, and love, the 12th Feburary. My husband's brother was diagnosed terminal ill that day 1988 and died 4 weeks later , my Gt aunt (who raised my Mum) died on that day 1994, then my Mum died exactly to the day a year later, but it is also my lovely sister-in-laws birthday, so brave face and all that! it 's not her fault! Kim

Allie

Allie Report 14 Jan 2004 21:02

Naomi I thought I was being daft, But I have had the same thoughts. October the 3rd is the most recent common date from a long list. Mt sisters birthday, then the day my Gran died and finally I gave birth that day to my youngest son. I felt it was a bit spooky! Allie.

Karen

Karen Report 14 Jan 2004 21:06

In my family it seemed common to get married on new year's eve. Any excuse for a party.... k

Kay

Kay Report 14 Jan 2004 22:34

August 17th pops up a lot in my tree. It's my birthday.......my father-in-law died (before I met hubby).....about 3 ancestors all from different branches born. Maybe it's some sort of reincarnation!! Kay

Michele

Michele Report 15 Jan 2004 00:03

Hi all, Spooky stories or what My 2x great grandad was christened the on the same date as me( Jan 28th) in the same church 113 years earlier. I was born on the 15th of the month as was my dad, my cousin & my cousins ex wife. Looking forward to reading more of your stories Michele

Leslie

Leslie Report 15 Jan 2004 11:46

You can see what day of the week any particular date was with this site: http://www(.)calendarhome(.)com/tyc/ remove the brackets of course My mum was born and died on the same date (2nd November).

Karen

Karen Report 15 Jan 2004 13:49

I thought I was the only one that had the repeat dates thing....Have discovered that my G Grandparents married on 20th Feb, then their son (my Grandad) married on 20th Feb and then guess what day I was born? .......20th Feb!!!!........

Janet

Janet Report 15 Jan 2004 14:28

I have discovered that my great-grandfather was born on 5th October 1846. I was born on 5th October 1946 - exactly 100 years later! 12th May and 13th December are the death dates in my family. 13th December was also an uncle's birthday. Weird - eh?

Mary

Mary Report 15 Jan 2004 15:06

I began to think it was just me with folk being born and dying on corresponding dates. Thought it was really spooky and one day I'll get around to making a list of all these. Mary Brooke

Roberta

Roberta Report 16 Jan 2004 11:47

I thought my family was pretty special as my sister was born on my father's birthday-30th April; I was born on my Mum's birthday- 2nd December; but then..Dad died, a few years ago, on 2nd December. Bobby Heath (Vic)

Karen

Karen Report 16 Jan 2004 14:35

August 19th seems to be our date. My lovely nan died, it is hubby's fathers birthday and when I ordered my g nan's death certificate, she too died on Aug 19th. Karen

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 17 Jan 2004 12:59

One relative lost her mother when she was 22 and her father when she was 44 - exactly 22 years apart. The spooky thing was that both her parents died on the same day of the same month.

Sheila

Sheila Report 17 Jan 2004 13:31

In my case its 12th December.

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jan 2004 09:26

Since starting my family tree and prior to that knew nothing of birthdates for any of my grandparents or where any of them lived I have found our eldest daughter was born the same date as my paternal grandfather, our son the same date as paternal grandmother, our 2nd daughter the same date as my mother-in-law and 1 of her son's(we knew of that) Our eldest daughter and husband have recently bought the house my g grandmother died in!! My godmother died on my 11th birthday and my father who was godfather to her son died on his birthday. Finally one of my cousins and husband have just been allocated a retired miners bungalow, the very same one our paternal grandparents were allocated and died in.

Janet

Janet Report 19 Jan 2004 10:38

Does anyone else get the feeling that we are like chess pieces on a board and someone 'up there' is moving us around to suit their own purposes?! Very spooky, Daphne!

Irene

Irene Report 19 Jan 2004 21:53

my eldest son was born on my Mum's birth date 15th July, she had died 6 years before. My second son just missed his g grandfathers by a few hours 1st March, my daughters have several connection, one being her gg grandfathers inquest and burial 7th July, my granddaughter was born 9th April her g grandmothers. And most strange of all my father in law 15th May was born on his fathers, but he said his was 5th Nov. thats the only birth certificate I have found and it all fits but the birth date. Irene