Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

e mail from exresidents . uk now known as UKances

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 9 Jul 2004 15:58

ive just had an email from exresidents to tell me my account has been deleted! this is due to the site being updated and they are getting rid of unnecessary data!!! has anyone else had an email like this? susie ive just registered with this new site its really a great site,and the more people that register ,the better it will get. well done dan!!!!! susie

Jane

Jane Report 9 Jul 2004 16:05

Hi i received this email today as well. I haven't registered with them so i just deleted it. Jane

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 9 Jul 2004 16:07

jane i had my suspsions about it aswell i cant ever remember registering with it either lol susie

Dan

Dan Report 9 Jul 2004 16:26

Hi, I'm the webmaster at ExResidents(.)co(.)uk. You received the email because you were registered at ExResidents(.)co(.)uk - I never obtained your details from anywhere else! An example of why your accounts were removed - people often register and then simply forget about the site. The former and Ancestral Addresses are being combined and moved to UKAncestor(.)com - I also own UKAncestor(.)com. The new section at UKAncestor(.)com will have improved browsing and search capabilities. Also, as the entire site is devoted to ancestry, hopefully more people will add their Ancestral Addresses. Anyone who was registered, but had not posted addresses or was not listed as an expat have been deleted - many of them simply did not use the site. Anyone with former or Ancestral Addresses listed, will be notified on how to transfer their addresses over - this will be made as simple as possible and users will be given the choice to delete their accounts if they do not wish to transfer. ExResidents(.)co(.)uk will stay open but will be aimed towards expats. More info will be posted on ExResidents(.)co(.)uk. If you are a member and have not yet received an email from us, you will do later. Thought I'ld post this though, because I know how fast news spreads on here. Dan. http://www.exresidents(.)co(.)uk

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 9 Jul 2004 16:26

Susie I have registered with Ex-Residents and haven't received the email. Jeanette

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 9 Jul 2004 16:29

Thanks for that Dan

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 9 Jul 2004 16:39

hi dan ive just looked at the site and yes,i do remember registering with you. i also remember putting in my former address of where i lived as a child but thankyou anyway for letting me know ,i really appreciate it susie

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 9 Jul 2004 16:40

jeannette had you added any addresses on it? susie

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 9 Jul 2004 16:46

Susie Think I did then deleted them. But I think I've got some of my ancestors on Ancestral Villages. Were these the two sites that Dan was on about? Jeanette

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 9 Jul 2004 16:59

jeannette im not sure? ive got mine on that site aswell susie

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 9 Jul 2004 17:22

Susie I'll have a look tomorrow. I've got to go and get the kids teas now then get ready to go and paint the town red - well pink. I'm saving red for tomorrow night! lol Jeanette x

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jul 2004 21:55

Hi All, I had an e-mail tonight and went and registered (updated) my details with them. It looks a more comprehensive site now, and all my addresses were on plus new ones I have added tonight! Margaret

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 10 Jul 2004 06:29

i also went onto the site last night and registered i tried again this morning and it keep telling me my user name and password are incorrect!!! i think i'll give up:( susie

George

George Report 10 Jul 2004 11:54

Thats what keeps happening to me Susie and when I click lost password it asks for a confirmation code grrrrrrrr

Dan

Dan Report 10 Jul 2004 12:03

Susie, it looks like you never activated your account. When you registered for a new account you will have received an email containing a link that you must click on. ExResidents.co.uk members who are transferring their accounts, will not have to activate their accounts. When requesting a new password, you will also receive an email. This will contain a code that you must enter when requested - this prevents other people from being able to request a new password for your account. The new location of Ancestral Addresses is: www(.)ukancestor(.)com/modules(.)php?name=Ancestral_Addresses If you already had addresses registered at ExResidents(.)co(.)uk, please follow the instructions that were emailed to you. Thanks, Dan.

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 10 Jul 2004 12:15

dan thanx silly me lol i will try it again susie

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 11 Jul 2004 10:15

hi dan ive just activated my a/c on ukancestor. what a fantasic site! well done susie

George

George Report 11 Jul 2004 10:34

Sorted mine :~) had an email to say that my username was already taken which was why I had trouble activating my account.

Dan

Dan Report 11 Jul 2004 15:53

Thanks Susie! Glad you think so.

Wendy Rita

Wendy Rita Report 23 Jul 2004 14:28

Hello Susie, I had the same e.mail as you regarding ex residents UK, but now they are registered with Ancestry UK, so i don't really think it will make much difference to us. Regards Rita x