Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

thames watermen/lightermen lookups

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chloe

Chloe Report 19 Sep 2004 11:01

can do look ups on apprenticeship bindings,give name and rough birth year

jmoonlabelle1@gmail.com

[email protected] Report 20 Sep 2004 22:23

Edwin James Cripps born 1841 teddingham bound richmond? please Jennifer in Ontario, Canada

Darryl

Darryl Report 22 Sep 2004 08:22

Not sure if my ancestor would have followed this path but would appreciate a check: William Wilkinson, b. London c1820, occupation listed in 1850s as Master Mariner, deceased before 1871. Lived Bow and Bermondsey. I'm grateful for any help, thanks, Darryl

Supergran

Supergran Report 22 Sep 2004 09:23

Hi Chloe My Thomas Willis b 1893 in Heybridge Basin Essex was a lighterman as were quite a few of the Willis'. Do they come up at all? Thanks Brenda

Susan

Susan Report 22 Sep 2004 10:51

Chloe. Looking for the name CLOUDER. I know there was a pair called CLOUDER & BETTS Watermen. Possibly Alfred Clouder b c1840. Many thanks for your offer. SUE.

John

John Report 29 Sep 2004 18:51

Chloe Can you please do a lookup for a William MILLER b c1879, he eventually became a Marine Engineer and possibly worked between UK and France. It is possible he died in France, date unknown Thank you Jon

Irene

Irene Report 29 Sep 2004 20:08

Hi Thank you very much for the kind offer. Could you please lookup a James Vogan bapt. 1830 possibly Southwark. Any help would be very much appreciated. Irene in NZ

Irene

Irene Report 6 Oct 2004 20:18

Hi Chloe Thank you very much for finding info on my James Vogan. You are one in a million. Your help is very very much appreciated. Irene in NZ

Heather

Heather Report 6 Oct 2004 22:58

Oh thats a brilliant offer. Wonder if you could find Edward John Horstead, born Wapping 1840. Said to be a lighterman on his marriage in St George in the East 1868 when he was living at "Princes Street". Also, his brother if possible, Jonas Horstead, born c1851.

Auger

Auger Report 11 Oct 2004 04:06

Thank you Chloe for the informtion you have found for me regarding my LITTLEBOY names really excited Eileen

Heather

Heather Report 11 Oct 2004 07:17

Many many thanks Chloe for finding two of my lightermen ancestors!

Heather

Heather Report 16 Jan 2005 00:33

Chloe, if you are still offering lookups wondered if I could be cheeky and have two more of my lightermen checked out please? John Thomas Steers born 1836 Rotherhithe and his brother Henry William Steers born 1849 Bermondsey Very many thanks.

Heather

Heather Report 16 Jan 2005 01:04

Julie, I think genuki do links for watermen. Try googling for it.

Chloe

Chloe Report 16 Jan 2005 10:21

MESSAGE FOR IRIS,HEATHER AND JULIE have e-mailed u replys,any probs,post message again chloe

Heather

Heather Report 16 Jan 2005 12:54

Chloe you are a star - Ive got another 6 names now and possibly more. THANKS SO MUCH.

Maria

Maria Report 16 Jan 2005 13:35

I was wondering if your offer still stands. My grandfather William Sidney Nye worked on the barges on the Thames and was on one of the boats that went over to Dunkirk. I wonder if you could look up any information on him for me. He was born in 1880 in Battersea. I will be forever grateful for your help. Thanks Maria

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 16 Jan 2005 14:52

yes please. James Angus Walford born 1822 from Gravesend, Kent. He was a waterman. There might possbly be more Wafords as well around the same time?? John Walford born 1860, was also on the river. thanks

Christine

Christine Report 14 Mar 2005 15:27

hi i wonder if you could look and see if there were any grothiers or perkins in the early 1900 in stepney london thanks

Julie

Julie Report 25 Mar 2005 13:27

hi can you tell me what a ry lighterman was? my gg grandfather george brook is down down as ry lighterman from hull yorkshire in 1871 thanks Julie

RosieUK

RosieUK Report 25 Mar 2005 13:49

Hello Chloe, I am looking for a lighterman by the name of: John BAGGOTT pre 1871. Are you able to help? Thanks. Jay