Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how to change name

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kazzie

Kazzie Report 19 Feb 2005 17:29

could anyone tell me how i change my name on here bored of just having karin cove,when get called kazzie all the time

JackieInCardiff

JackieInCardiff Report 19 Feb 2005 17:39

Hi Karin Click on account details (top left) enter your password Your details will come up change name Jackie

Emma

Emma Report 16 Mar 2006 17:22

Hi I've tried changing my name by following the steps above but it keeps my surname in there. I tried deleting my surname and maiden name from the account page but it says it needs a surname. How do you all have your fancy names showing without the surname? I'm tired of being just plain Emma Compton :-) Thanks Emma

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 16 Mar 2006 17:25

you put what you want to be called in your Surname Box and if you leave a name in the First name box that will appear also in front of your chosen new name

Emma

Emma Report 16 Mar 2006 17:29

Thanks Valerie Testing to see if it worked

Val wish I'd never started Report 16 Mar 2006 17:31

it worked and I like it very nice and cheerful

Right said Fred

Right said Fred Report 16 Mar 2006 17:33

I just wanted to see if mine worked, lol Update: IT HAS!!! lol

Val wish I'd never started Report 16 Mar 2006 17:35

whats all this Sunny business ???its horrible here in dismal England , and if you all keep changing your names I wont recognise you !!!!!!

Emma

Emma Report 16 Mar 2006 17:36

I should have thought of putting it all in the surname box, seems simple now. I thought my new name was better than just being boring Emma Compton :-) Thanks again Valerie Emma

Right said Fred

Right said Fred Report 16 Mar 2006 17:36

couldn't htink what to call myself - anyway don;t worry it's never sunny her is \Yorkshire, just grey

Val wish I'd never started Report 16 Mar 2006 17:38

Tom its better there than here I bet

Right said Fred

Right said Fred Report 16 Mar 2006 17:39

Bet it's not - just had a mixture of slush and hail. Oh well, changed my name back -was missing the surname- after all that's what its all about!

Emma

Emma Report 16 Mar 2006 17:41

Well it's pretty much permanently sunny here in Florida, we haven't had rain for ages. What I wouldn't give for a rainy day in England :-)

Jen ~

Jen ~ Report 16 Mar 2006 17:46

Found the name changing o.k, but could someone please let me in on the secret of the Update and Delete alongside? How do you get rid? Haven't sussed that one yet! Lin xx

Emma

Emma Report 16 Mar 2006 17:57

As far as I know they are just there to allow you to update or delete your message. I don't think there's a way to get rid of them.

Jen ~

Jen ~ Report 16 Mar 2006 18:00

Does that mean that only you can see your own then Emma.......like the underlining of names? Lin xx

Emma

Emma Report 16 Mar 2006 18:22

Yes, I believe so. The update and delete only show on the messages that you post.

Jen ~

Jen ~ Report 16 Mar 2006 18:27

Oh goodie, thanks for that Emma, thought I was out of step again lol. Lin xx

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 15 May 2006 00:03

bump for louise

Gwen

Gwen Report 15 May 2006 00:27

Has mine worked lol