Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For those with ancestors in LINCOLNSHIRE

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louise

Louise Report 12 May 2005 00:59

Here a couple of websites which may be of use. The first site has a link to page offering look ups on parish registers and censuses plus a section for registering your surnames of interest so that others can contact you directly, and more: http://home.wi.rr(.)com/lincolnshire . If this link doesn't work the site is called 'Lincolnshire Genealogical Research'. I just typed it into google and it found it straight away. The other site is: www.imagesoflincolnshire(.)co(.)uk Remove Brackets. Louise

Small but Perfectly Formed Wendy

Small but Perfectly Formed Wendy Report 12 May 2005 01:11

Thanks Louise, will take a look, Wendy.

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 May 2005 09:53

Many thanks Louise - good stuff.

Linda

Linda Report 12 May 2005 19:49

Thanks Louise I've just put them in my favourites to look at later. Lin

Kirsty

Kirsty Report 12 May 2005 20:57

Thanks Louise x

Chris

Chris Report 12 May 2005 23:11

Brilliant, I e-mailed someone on the Surname Index who I thought might have a connection with my family. They e-mailed my straight back to confirm that we did. I'm over the moon Chris

Annabel

Annabel Report 14 May 2005 13:57

Very many thanks for putting this on tips, have just been on the Linclonshire surname site, some one has my great grandfathers family on it, found some new info on them, I have emailed the person concerned, cheers Annabel

Mary

Mary Report 14 May 2005 18:34

Many thanks Louise aim to have a good look tomorrow sounds most useful.

Annabel

Annabel Report 20 May 2005 02:25

My email to the person on Lincolnshire names, who had the Bartons history as been returned, what do I do now. Annabel

Colin

Colin Report 13 Jun 2005 14:57

I was looking for some info and searched ukbmd for Lincolnshire.............in there was ........srichards freeserve. and in this is a lot of actual BMD's in alphabetical order for various parishes in Lincs..........covers the 1700 and 1800 .didn't have what Iwas looking for but a lot of info there

Paul

Paul Report 24 Oct 2005 21:18

Thanks for that! I'll take a look!

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 22 Nov 2005 17:43

You might find this site useful too: http://s10.freefronthost.*com/mi/ (remove *) Lincolnshire 1837-1850 Marriage Indexes It isn't all Districts; theses are the ones listed (so far): Boston Bourne Grantham Lincoln Louth Sleaford Spilsby headings are: Year Mth_Day / Groom Surname / Groom Forename / Groom's father / Bride Surname / Bride Forename / Cond. / Bride's father / Parish and they're on Excel worksheet formatted as databases, so you can sort the list in different ways and use the Excel search function, too. Christine

Kate

Kate Report 22 Nov 2005 19:18

Blimey, I was surprised to see a certain name had posted on here... till I realised it was an old thread nudged up! Oh, well. Kate.

Geoff

Geoff Report 12 Dec 2005 13:37

The marriage indexes (1837-50) - more added Boston Bourne Crowland ('Peterborough') Grantham Holbeach Lincoln Louth Newark Sleaford Spalding Spilsby Stamford districts

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 13 Feb 2006 22:16

Thanks for the sites. JoJo

Truly

Truly Report 23 Mar 2006 11:03

Thank you will put them in my favs for future reference....most of my rellies were born and lived in lincolnshire. Have a yellow belly thread on general for Lincs peeps

Julie

Julie Report 23 Mar 2006 12:18

Thanks for tips!

Liberty64

Liberty64 Report 23 Mar 2006 16:38

Cheers Louise!

Anne in North London

Anne in North London Report 4 Apr 2006 12:46

Nudge Thanks Anne :)

Truly

Truly Report 10 Apr 2006 23:15

Hope you dont mind me mentioning this on your thread .... everyone welcome .. will be fun Lincoln meet 24th June, 1pm Tootsies, 7pm ghost walk