Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

You too can get rid of the underline!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Bag

The Bag Report 18 May 2005 20:30

if i can you can.. hang on

The Bag

The Bag Report 18 May 2005 20:33

Right. on the gen board is a thread by a Daniel longman( i think) Within that thread is a reply from Peter Morgella telling how to set your browser not to underline things. I found it and have altered mine - and if i can believe me, YOU can That is heaps better Credit to Peter Morgella THANK YOU!! jess

The Bag

The Bag Report 18 May 2005 20:34

copied and pasted here If you want to get rid of the underlining on web links Go Start, Controll Panel, Network and Internet Option and Internet Options This should give you the Internet Propertis dialogue box. Select the Advanced tab then scroll down under browsing until you see Underline links. Then check Hover or Never, rather than Always.

Jane

Jane Report 18 May 2005 20:41

Jess & the Boys, Many thanks ... it was driving me nuts! Jane

Thelma

Thelma Report 18 May 2005 20:45

It might be easy but i have screwed up????? However i found a box which allowed me to ignore font, ignore color. NO MORE GREEN. GIGANTIC PRINT!!!!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 May 2005 20:45

Thank goodness for that, it was driving me mad! Cheers Jess (and Peter!)

The Bag

The Bag Report 18 May 2005 20:47

If i can do it, believe me an orangutang could with both hands tied behind it back. I went into NEVER mode - do enough hovering as it is...Oh no thats Hoovering....

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 May 2005 20:57

An even quicker route: At top of your screen, directly under the blue bar, click on Tools; Internet Options is the bottom one in the drop-down menu! Mainly thanks to Peter, but a little thank you to my hubby lol Mandy :)

Heather

Heather Report 18 May 2005 21:03

When I did it I had to go to Tools, internet options and then settings and go down through a list to tick the box on hover. Mine is Win ME

Deb

Deb Report 18 May 2005 21:05

DADAAAAAA All Done , no more underlines ,ahgggggggggggg Debs Another one bites the dust for Jess ;-))

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 May 2005 21:06

Thanks everybody! What a relief! nell

The Bag

The Bag Report 18 May 2005 21:39

nudge for mad Alice

Jean

Jean Report 18 May 2005 21:55

Just found it Jess. Thanks very much, Its better without the lines. I gave up earlier when the closed up lines appeared. Thank goodness thats gone.

Ellen

Ellen Report 18 May 2005 21:59

Jess et al Thanks from me too. Sorted! Ellen.

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 18 May 2005 22:47

can someone please tell me what Underline you are talking about thanks

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 19 May 2005 00:00

Testing to see if I got lines or not!.... Ignor me lol Lineless Gerri (I think) :o))

Jude 3

Jude 3 Report 19 May 2005 00:21

Thank you so much Jess the lines have only just appeared this morning! Boy was I confused - but now thanks to your info - they are gone. Thank you so much. judy

Julia

Julia Report 19 May 2005 07:58

Hi Jess wow that was easy, my eyes are bad enough using this site so much with out the lines, Thanks for the clear instructions Julia X

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 May 2005 08:34

Just came on and found this awful line, and the writing looks different although I don't mind it. Bingo got rid of the line, where did it come from?

Georgette

Georgette Report 19 May 2005 11:11

Wow! What a relief! A big thank you to Jess, Peter and Mandy's husband. Maybe my headache will go away now?! Helen :-)