Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

cant find on family relatives

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karl

Karl Report 14 Oct 2005 10:55

On familyrelatvies.org i cannot find any marriages that i am looking for why would this be? i have been looking for the past 3 hours, not found one of them!

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Oct 2005 10:57

1. It might not be on there 2. You might be looking in the wrong place 3. You might be looking in the wrong years.

Merry

Merry Report 14 Oct 2005 11:01

For 1866-1920, don't include middle names - all your searches will come back NIL....... If you cannot find marriages after 1920 then there must be a different reason........ Can you try looking for a known event? Your own birth, for instance?? This would confirm whether you are doing things right!! Merry

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Oct 2005 11:03

If I'm right, the marriages are between 1920 and 1940, yes? Which one have you started with?

Karl

Karl Report 14 Oct 2005 11:23

I can find myself on there no problem and my parents etc. I cannot find marriages oF fanny ketley and george herbert price who would have been married between 1920 and 1940. William albert diccox and irene mary corran and percival marsh and beatrice winson. I managed to find irene mary corran this morning she was born in 1916 in derby it appears.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Oct 2005 11:23

Which years have you looked for Fanny and George?

Karl

Karl Report 14 Oct 2005 11:41

I have looked between 1920 and 1940 for fanny and george

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Oct 2005 11:45

You looked through every single year?? That must've cost a lot. If you didn't find them, it's possible they never actually married.

Karl

Karl Report 14 Oct 2005 11:50

Yes looked through every single year,can't even find the marriage of percival marsh and beatrice winson or the marriage of william diccox and irene corran.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Oct 2005 11:51

Have you viewed all the images?

Karl

Karl Report 14 Oct 2005 11:57

I might have abit more information in the next few days as percival marsh and beatrice winson's son ken marsh is still alive he is in his 80's and my dad is going to try and find out what year and palce percival was born and a rough year of his marriage. But i am very stuck on george herbert price and fanny ketley.

Karl

Karl Report 14 Oct 2005 11:58

Is there anyway you can do an address search somewhere? Fanny and George lived at 102 cheapside In St.Martin's In Birmingham In 1924.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Oct 2005 12:00

You could try the Electoral Roles. They might have them at the library, but probably only in Birmingham.

Merry

Merry Report 14 Oct 2005 12:25

Have you got a birth cert for any of the children of any of these couples?? A birth cert would show if the mother had been married previously.....you might be looking for a marriage with the wrong female surname!! Merry

Karl

Karl Report 14 Oct 2005 12:47

I have a birth certificate for fanny and george's son george herbert price who was born in 1924.

Karl

Karl Report 14 Oct 2005 12:48

FANNY RAVENSCROFT, MARRIED A KETLEY THEN MARRIED A PRICE as shown on her son's birth certificate

Merry

Merry Report 14 Oct 2005 12:59

What happened to Mr Ketley? Merry

Karl

Karl Report 14 Oct 2005 13:08

I think Mr KETLEY died, because on my grandad's birth certificate it says mother (FANNY PRICE, LATE KETLEY, FORMERLY RAVENSCROFT)

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Oct 2005 13:17

Mr Ketley was called Ernest. I'll try to find his death, which will hopefully be before 1920. Possibly... Death Mar 1920 Ketley Ernest 37 Birmingham 6d 373 Right-ish age. Fanny was born in 1883.

Karl

Karl Report 14 Oct 2005 13:27

Yeah i think Ernest Ketley was Fanny's first husband, Fanny must have been 41 years old when she gave birth to my grandad. All i need to find out now is when Fanny's second husband George Herbert Price was born and what year they married!