Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

www.homesreuniteduk.co.uk

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ria

Ria Report 23 Oct 2005 11:07

Just found this website address in the Practical family History magazine. it's a new website for people who want to research address's and who lived there. just going to take a look now. Apparently it dates back from 1600 to the present day. Thought I'd let you know :) Ria

The Bag

The Bag Report 23 Oct 2005 11:08

Co(.)uk or (.)com

Robyne

Robyne Report 23 Oct 2005 11:10

hi, i cant get any of those addresses to work

Ria

Ria Report 23 Oct 2005 11:10

Sorry, just updated the address, i missed a bit out

Ria

Ria Report 23 Oct 2005 11:12

3rd time lucky lol www.homesreuniteduk It's (.) co (.) uk Ria :)

Elizabeth Anne

Elizabeth Anne Report 23 Oct 2005 11:12

I am not having any luck at finding the address. Elizabeth

Ria

Ria Report 23 Oct 2005 11:16

grrrrrrr i keep trying to fix it but I can't, anyway it's the uk not (.)com

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 23 Oct 2005 11:20

Unless its me,I cant get any of the addresses to work either, can you please check again. regards trish xxxx

Elizabeth Anne

Elizabeth Anne Report 23 Oct 2005 11:20

Ria, all I get is page not available.... Elizabeth

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 23 Oct 2005 11:29

Got it, thanks D.D. Trish xxx

Elizabeth Anne

Elizabeth Anne Report 23 Oct 2005 11:31

Found it, thank you. Elizabeth

GeordieCath

GeordieCath Report 23 Oct 2005 12:05

I can,t find it ,what the heck am i doing wrong ?. Cath

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Oct 2005 12:28

I've managed to find the site o.k., but can anyone tell me how much is costs to subscribe. I know you don't have to, but you usually find with these sites, they are only really useful if you are a paying member (like on here). I can't find a price anywhere without registering first, and I like to know what I'm getting into before I do. It sounds like a good idea though - to find other families that have lived at the same address as your own family. Kath. x

Elizabeth Anne

Elizabeth Anne Report 23 Oct 2005 12:33

Kathleen, Have a look under terms and conditions it states 'subcription fee of 35 pounds for one year or 12.50 pounds for 3 months, or 19.50 for 6 months'. I have tried to search records but nothing comes up. Good luck. Elizabeth

Pippa

Pippa Report 23 Oct 2005 12:34

It says £35.00 per year or there are other packages available. So basically we supply the information at our time and expense and then we pay them to search the information that we have put on there. It also says you can't search at the moment as they haven't made the database yet! At least with ancestry/british orgins etc they supply the information that we search. Sounds like another great money making idea to me. Pippa

Rachel

Rachel Report 23 Oct 2005 12:36

Kathleen, I just registered and it didn't ask for any money. It will let you add up to 500 addresses of your ansestors but as the moment you can't search the database. www.homesreuniteduk(.)co(.)uk

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Oct 2005 17:31

Thanks everyone for the information about the price. I think it sounds a bit expensive for what it is. I just wish Ancestry had thought of having the addresses on the various census returns indexed in the same way as the 1881. That would have been ideal. Kath. x

Sylvie

Sylvie Report 23 Oct 2005 18:34

just had a look and it seems that we have to put in info they collate it and then charge us for the time and effort put in by ourselves. Not very keen on paying for my efforts and supposing you had lived at 30 different address in your -what amount of time would you have put in? Sylvie

The Ego

The Ego Report 23 Oct 2005 18:42

sounds like this site-we supply the data(names,dates,locations)-they supply the filing cabinet-then we pay for a key to the filing cabinet containing our data!! then they have it valued at over £100 million and are able to sell it and keep the money without sharing it !! Priceless

Sarah

Sarah Report 23 Oct 2005 21:17

Found this address what a great site will be good when search facitlity is up and running for those who cant find and.co.uk to address given ie homesreuniteduk.co.uk Thanks for that