Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Spare 1837 Online credits available.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosi

Rosi Report 9 Nov 2005 13:21

Having found I can see where I've been- (thankyou Richard) - if I use IE and not Mozilla - I can offer 1837 Online lookups. I have quite a lot of credits to use - so if I can help, please post requests here. Can't promise to do them very quickly - but will have a go. Rosi :)

Esta

Esta Report 9 Nov 2005 13:44

Hello Rosi, Could I take advantage of your kind offer. I'm looking for a birth ref for Stan(n)ing in Lambeth. LOUISA ELLEN. Have the death cert dated 15th Nov 1859 when she was aged 2yrs and would really like to find the birth. If my maths is right it should be 1857 ( or last Q 1856. ) Many Thanks Esta ***can swap for census look-up if you need any **

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 9 Nov 2005 13:50

How kind of you, I've looked on free bmd but can't find a marriage for Alice Emily Hibberd to John Thomas Moss. Likely to be Wandsworth 1874. Would be most grateful if you could find it. Thanks. Angela

Angela

Angela Report 9 Nov 2005 13:57

Hi Rosi thank you for your kind offer. would be very grateful if you could look up the birth of MARY ANN BARDEN BORN c1866 in Seaham Harbour. The district should be Easington, County Durham. thanks very much have tried freebmd and shes not there. many thanks in anticipation Angela

Julie

Julie Report 9 Nov 2005 14:22

Hi Rosi, Thanks so much for your offer if you have any credits left could you have a look for the death ref. of :- Bertram Rowe died 25.6.1932 Shropshire It may be under Madeley district Thanks again, Julie

Sunnydays

Sunnydays Report 9 Nov 2005 15:10

Hi Rosi Thank you for your generous offer, could you look for a Lena Pickford after 1903 - 1911 would be Manchester Longsight Levenshulme area. I am unable to give more info as I dont have it. kind Regards Kate

Star

Star Report 9 Nov 2005 16:39

If you have any left could you look for a marriage 1864/65 between a Philip Rees and Sarah Ann Meybury/Meybery in Pontypridd South Wales thank you Star

Zillah

Zillah Report 9 Nov 2005 16:47

Thank you so much for your offer. I don't know whether this is too early a date. I'm looking for a marriage in SUFFOLK between 1815 & 1820. of Thomas Knights (b 1781) to Hannah Pell ((B.1791.) Their first child Henry was born in 1820 . I would much appreciate it I've been trying for 2 years to find who Thomas's parents are. I believe the marriage may have been in Westerfield (where Hannah came from) or Ipswich or Ashbocking. I'm only guessing at these places, as they were places they lived. I only KNOW it was somewhere in Suffolk, many Thanks

Rosi

Rosi Report 9 Nov 2005 17:22

Have looked at some of these with mixed results: Esta Have found Louise Ellen STANING. 1857 Lambeth Ist Qtr 1d 34 Angela Have found Mary Ann BARDEN 1867 1st qtr Huddersfield 9a 272 Carley Couldn't findfrancis George REVANS. Did find a Fanny Elizabeth registered in Portsea - you've probably got her 1862, 2nd qtr 2b 411 Margaret Sorry - I could not find the marriage of CARTER & KNOWLES - I checked the years either side too. Angela, Alas, I couldn't find the marriage of Alice?Emily HIBBERD & MOSS - again I checked the years either side too. Julie,y Bertram ROWE death: 1932 aged 27. 2nd Qtr Madely, 6a 707 Will investigate a few more now! Regards, Rosi

Esta

Esta Report 9 Nov 2005 17:29

Rosi, You are a 'star' - Just what I wanted to find ! finding her birth has made my big problem little bit smaller. Thank-you Esta

Sue

Sue Report 9 Nov 2005 17:30

Hi Rosy, Could you poss look for a FRANCIS WILLIAM GRIFFIN who married a EVELYN SYBIL WOOD in 1915 and see if thier are any children ?I have one daughter DOROTHY ALICE JOAN GRIFFIN born 1917. many thanks sue

Angela

Angela Report 9 Nov 2005 18:04

Hi Rosi thanks very much for the look up of the birth of Mary Ann Barden. regards Angela

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 9 Nov 2005 18:28

Thanks for trying Rosi. All the best. Angela

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 9 Nov 2005 19:29

Thank you for your very generous offer. Would appreciate a birth look up and if possible a marriage, if it's too much would really appreciate the birth please. Birth John Coyne b 1875 Claycross Newmarket Derbyshire Parents are Francis and Sarah Coyne. May be mispelt, Francis was a Coal Miner Marriage Seeking confirmation of Brides father's occupation: 30th Nov 1886 Elizabeth Jones to Charles Langley Holy Trinity church, Cheshire, Possibly Hoylake or Chester. Brides father- John Jones Shoemaker Grooms father Henry Langley If the look up can't confirm occupations, then just miss it out. thanks Lou

Rosi

Rosi Report 9 Nov 2005 19:56

Hi Peeps, Kate I could find only a LONA Pickford,1910 4th qtr Bury 8c 528 Kelly, Couldn't find a Janet who's maiden name was Dobson, Did find and Iris 1934 Notts 7b 568 - but that's probably the one you've got. Sorry :( Star, Found your Phillip I think 1865 4th qtr 11a 525. Couldn't get into the Meybury page to cros check it for some reason. Zillah Am so sorry- but I cannot look uo anything before registration started in 1837. Have you tried the LDS site? Regards - Happy hunting.

Rosi

Rosi Report 9 Nov 2005 20:06

Susan I can only look at the entries listed in the BMD Registers. I need possible names and dates and an area to make any progress at all Looby Loo. Am not sure if you already have the registration details for the COYNE birth in 1875? Remember I can only give you the registration reference details if I can find them - I cannot get at the information on the Certs. Please let me know if you want the COYNE birth reference details and I'll look for them Rosi

Star

Star Report 9 Nov 2005 20:18

Thank you so much i will order the cert now. Star

Sue

Sue Report 9 Nov 2005 20:27

Rosi, The marraige of Francis William Griffin and Evelyn Wood took place in 1915 in Rugby,Also Dorothy Griffin was born in Rugby in 1917.I hope this is of some help. thanks sue

Rosi

Rosi Report 9 Nov 2005 20:40

Hallo Susan Francis Griffin married 'Wood' 4th qtr 1915 Rugby 6d 2283 Amazingly, the next entry was a Frances Griffin who also married somebody 'Wood'! Linda John Henshall Marriage to Grace Beech. 1851 JUN Chorlton XX 122

Rosi

Rosi Report 9 Nov 2005 20:56

Looby, I think I've found John COYNE's birth: 3rd qtr (SEP) 1875 Salford 8d 5 The only other possible is John David COYNE, 2nd qtr (JUN) 1875 Birmingham 6d 233