Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just found a BRILLIANT site for NORTHWICH, Cheshir

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dea

Dea Report 1 Dec 2005 09:29

see below:

Dea

Dea Report 1 Dec 2005 09:30

Northwich 1834 includes the Chapelry of Witton, and the Villages of Great Budworth, Davenham, Leftwich, Weaverham, Hartford, Marston, Wincham, Winnington, and Neighbourhoods Local Histories, Residents, Occupations, Censuses & Tales to Relate Northwich Residents, 1828/9 (with occupations) 1828 Northwich, (Includes the villages of Great Budworth, Davenham, Leftwich, Weaverham and Neighbourhoods.) Northwich c1600 (Town Plan & Owners) Return of Owners of Land, Cheshire, (1 Acre & Above) and Living In Cheshire : 1873 The Ancient Saltways A Few (of the many) Salt Occupations 'The Crystal Ballroom' (described in 1838) Workers 'Benefits' The Crescent and the Poultry House River & Coastal Craft Below: Articles and Stories about the early days of Brunner, Mond & Co. - later ICI River Transport Three Tales of Gallantry (Coastal Craft) The First Works at Winnington Some History of the Development of the Weaver Navigation Church Walk (Witton) School; 1893 A Brief History of Winnington Hall More Directories : Acton Allostock Anderton Antrobus Aston-by-Budworth Barnton Birches Bostock Byley-cum-Yatehouse Castle Northwich Clive Cogshall Comberbach Crowton Croxton Cuddington Darnhall Davenham Delamere Eddisbury Goostrey-cum-Barnshaw Great Budworth Hartford Hulse Kinderton-cum-Hulme Lach Dennis Leftwich Little Budworth Little Leigh Lostock Gralam Marbury Marston Middlewich Moresbarrow-cum-Palme Moulton Nether Peover Newhall Newton Oakmere Occlestone Onston [& Wallerscote] Oulton (Low) Over Ravenscroft Rudheath Shipbrook Shurlach-cum-Bradford Sproston Stublach Sutton Weaverham Weaver Whitegate Wimboldsley Wincham Winnington Witton-cum-Twambrooks (mostly, but not all) 1851 Census Acton Allostock Anderton & 1841 Barnton & 1841 [part of] Birches Castle Northwich Cogshall Comberbach Crowton Cuddington Delamere Eddisbury Hartford Hulse Leftwich: 1841, E.D.18 | E.D.19 | E.D.20 Workhouse-1841 1851& Workhouse Workhouse-1861 Workhouse-1871 Workhouse- 1881 (1891) E.D.8, 9 ,10 & The Workhouse Workhouse-1901 Little Leigh Lostock Gralam Marbury (1841) Marston (1841) & 1851 The Hamlet of Milton Nether Peover Oakmere Onston Weaverham Township Wallerscote, Weaverham Lordship, Gorstage, Sandiway &, Whitegate Wincham (1841) Witton-cum-Twambrooks 1841 Witton-cum-Twambrooks - 1851 Surname Index for Witton-cum-Twambrooks 1851 Chester Castle Prison (1851) Knutsford Prison (1851) 1857 Northwich Trades People [A - E] 1865 Directory Northwich & Area 1892 Northwich |'Private' Residents |Trade Listings 1914 Northwich Northwich Area 'Freeholders' 1578 Marriage Licenses & Bonds 1639-1765 Northwich 1834 includes the Chapelry of Witton, and the Villages of Great Budworth, Davenham, Leftwich, Weaverham, Hartford, Marston, Wincham, Winnington, and Neighbourhoods Inhabitants of the same 1781, 1789, & 1791 Northwich Malbon's Memorials (Civil War) Burghall's 'Providence Improved' (Civil War) Appendices to the above (Civil War Period) Some of the Soldiers Northwich: Abstracts 1528-1760 from Chester Quarter Sessions 1791 Weaverham View 'north' from Victoria Bridge, 1960's Soldiers from Northwich who died in WW1 More Old Photgraphs Concerning The Plague in Cheshire (16th & 17th Centuries) Cheshire Transportees (random years) plus other Convict/Prisoner (1851 Census)'strays' http://www(.)geocities(.)com/mar1elene/History.html Dea Xxx

The Ego

The Ego Report 1 Dec 2005 09:56

is it a set of yellow pages Dea ?

Dea

Dea Report 1 Dec 2005 09:59

No Alter, It's REALLY brilliant !!!!! Go and have a look and let me know what you think. It has LOADS !!! Dea x

HeatherinLeicestershire

HeatherinLeicestershire Report 1 Dec 2005 10:06

Thats a very informative site Dea, I am sure someone will appreciate you putting this up. By the way the town map on there has not changed much. Northwich is a lovely town with lots of it's history still visable. Heather x

The Ego

The Ego Report 1 Dec 2005 10:23

All I'm getting is text on a yellow background.

Dea

Dea Report 1 Dec 2005 10:25

That's not right Alter - It's a sonderful site with LOTS of links - very well set up. PLEASE try it again - you will be impressed ! Dea x Just been and checked - It IS on a yellow background but there are loads of links - do these not work for you? Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 1 Dec 2005 13:20

Sue, Hope you find them - had a quick look and there are some Gates in 1841 Barnton: Turnpike Road. Alfred GATES, 35, Flatman, Y. Mary GATES, 35, Y. Joseph GATES, 8, Y. Edward GATES, 7, Y. Ellen GATES, 3, Y. Hiram GATES, 3 months, Y. Pleasant GATES, 75, Y. (What a LOVELY name!!) ALSO - Alfred Gates - Boatman aged 75 in the Workhouse. I'm sure there are more on there - Good luck, Dea x

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 1 Dec 2005 13:55

You're right, Dea, it's a really good site. As a matter of interest, do you know anywhere that one can find out about medeavil/tudor Northwich and Witton? There are tantalising bits on the site, but nothing really early enough.

Dea

Dea Report 1 Dec 2005 19:16

Sorry Ebenezer - I don't at the moment but I will keep a look out for you. Dea

Dea

Dea Report 1 Dec 2005 22:59

Nudge for the Northwich nightshift!! Dea x

Patricia

Patricia Report 2 Dec 2005 07:07

Hi Dea Thanks for highlighting this site; it's brill! Have only had a brief browse but it's got loads of info on it. Just hope I can find some on my Northwich family who are eluding me. Thanks again. Patricia

Ted

Ted Report 3 Dec 2005 17:39

Dea, hi, yea you're right it brilliant, at least it would be if I had any rellies living out that way. mine are all from LPOOL. sob sob. TEDXX

HeatherinLeicestershire

HeatherinLeicestershire Report 14 Jun 2006 14:17

Another nudged for Jen :)

Ann

Ann Report 14 Jun 2006 14:20

This is brilliant, Dea. What a find. Thank you! Ann x

Dea

Dea Report 14 Jun 2006 14:40

OOOhhh Anne - Glad you like it - I thought I was in a 'time wharp' then. I saw the title, then realised it was ME who had 'JUST found it and I didn't remember putting up the posting today! Phhewww - I then realised it had been nudged for someone - Thank Goodness - I thought I was having a 'senior moment' Anyway, whoever it was, thanks for the nudge - I haven't looked in here for ages so I'm off to have another look. Dea x

Pam

Pam Report 14 Jun 2006 17:08

Hi I've just been looking around the site mentioned - it really is excellent. Does anyone know of a similar one for Nantwich or Middlewich? Many thanks, Pam

Chris the gardening

Chris the gardening Report 4 Jul 2006 04:43

Hi Dea, typed in all that you said and all I got was roots chat excellent site lovely people but not what I wanted, what am I doing wrong Chris.

Dea

Dea Report 4 Jul 2006 08:23

Hi Chris, Don't know why it didn't work for you. I posted this quite a while ago so just in case address had changed I cut and pasted from the info I had put on here and it took me straight in !!!!!!!!! http://www(.)geocities(.)com/mar1elene/History.html I have put the address again above - remember to remove brackets. - It REALLY is worth another try it is an excellent site, in fact I had forgotten all about it so I will be back in there myself today to see what more I can find. Dea x Let me know if you still have problems x

Dea

Dea Report 4 Jul 2006 10:34

Chris, - It's all your fault !!!!! I have got nothing done yet today - Now you have reminded me, I have been trawling the Northwich site for a solid 2 hours now !! Have to leave it alone now (till later) - It's SSooo fascinating - DO have another try to get in. Dea Xxx