Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have 46 spare 1837 credits - Closed after Jean -

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Georgette

Georgette Report 22 Dec 2005 13:57

Would anyone like a lookup? Try and be as accurate as you can so I can help as many as possible. Helenxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Dec 2005 14:08

Hi Helen Thanks for the offer...if you could possibly get me the birth reference for Selina Annie Gaskin, born Dec qtr 1864, registered either Burton or Burton on Trent, that would be great Many thanks Lou

Georgette

Georgette Report 22 Dec 2005 14:15

Hello Alan, Sorry I couldn't find the marriage in Dec 1926. I also had a look in Jan 1927 and couldn't find it either :o( Helenxx

Georgette

Georgette Report 22 Dec 2005 14:20

Hello Lou, Here she is: Selina Annie Gaskin Burton 6b 283 Helenxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Dec 2005 14:47

Wonderful, thank you so much Lou

Georgette

Georgette Report 22 Dec 2005 14:53

Hello June, I've found: Jan Feb Mar 1967 Ernest H Trafford age 87 Scunthorpe 3b 405 Is this him, do you think? The page number is not very clear so I've saved the image if you'd like to have a look. Helenxx

Georgette

Georgette Report 22 Dec 2005 14:54

Like your Christmas name Lou :o) Helenxx

Lisa

Lisa Report 22 Dec 2005 15:08

Hi Is it possible to look up a marriage with just the bride and grooms names, cos thats all I have, plus two possible areas but no date! Tom or Thomas Derrick and Irene Eliza Tandy, (b 1901), either in Hawkesbury Upton Gloucestershire or Brixham Devon. If not, don't worry! Lisa

Georgette

Georgette Report 22 Dec 2005 15:22

Hello Lisa, I'm sorry it's not possible :o( That's one of the problems with 1837 you can't search it in the same way as FreeBMD. You really need an approximate date because you can only search by surname and year, otherwise you use up lots of credits. Sorry again, Helenxx

Shelli

Shelli Report 22 Dec 2005 16:02

Hi Helen If you still have some credits would you mind looking for a marriage reference. The details are: Groom: Thomas Blenkinson Bride: Emma Woolley Parish: Pontefract Place: Pontefract / St Giles Date: 23 January 1853 I stumbled across these details on Family History Online and I'm sure it's one I've been looking for ages - except his name should be Thomas Blenkiron. If you could find it so I could the certificate I'd be over the moon! Happy Christmas & Best wishes for 2006 Michelle

Georgette

Georgette Report 22 Dec 2005 16:40

Hello Michelle, Here he is: Jan Mar feb 1853 Thomas Blenkiron Pontefract 9c 89 I've saved the image if you would like it. The writing's quite bad so it would be easy to mistake it for Blenkinson, especially as Blenkiron is quite unusual. Helenxx

Shelli

Shelli Report 22 Dec 2005 16:44

THANK YOU, THANK YOU (and yes I am shouting it, but in a nice way!!). I think I might have looked at that on 1837 some time ago, when I was new to all this, but dismissed it at the time, and you can imagine the number of pages that come up when you search on Woolley!!!! If you could send the image I'd be very grateful. Thanks again for using your credit for me. Best wishes Michelle

Audrey

Audrey Report 22 Dec 2005 16:58

Thankyou Helen, if you have any left could you find my Nanna for me? She was born in Cardiff in 1889, name: Sarah Jane Roberts and she died in 1967. I am trying to get her family background. She married Edward Brooks in Dec.of 1911 but I have no info on him either. I joined Familyrelatives but nothing comes up. thanks so much, Audrey in Canada

Georgette

Georgette Report 22 Dec 2005 17:18

Hello Audrey, I have her birth: Jan Feb Mar 1889 Sarah Jane Roberts Cardiff 11a 255 To help me find her marriage and death, can you tell me where these happened? Roberts is a very common name and just the year creates too many results. Helenxx

Audrey

Audrey Report 22 Dec 2005 17:35

Sarah was married and died in Cardiff. Thanks Audrey

Georgette

Georgette Report 22 Dec 2005 18:00

Hello again Audrey, Here's her marriage: Oct Nov Dec 1911 Sarah J Roberts Cardiff 11a 575 The only death I could find for her is: Sarah J Roberts age78 Chester 10a 165 There are no deaths in cardiff for a Sarah J in that year. I thought this one might be her because the age is right. What do you think? Helenxx

Esta

Esta Report 22 Dec 2005 18:45

Hi Helen. If you have any credits left Helen could I ask for a birth look-up for Louise Stanning. She was B. 1848/49 in Middlesex. Possible areas Lambeth/Kensington. Many Thanks Esta

Georgette

Georgette Report 22 Dec 2005 20:20

Hello Esta, I'm afraid I can't find Louise :o( The only Stanning between 1848 and 1849 is a Mary Elizabeth born in Totnes. Sorry, Helenxx

Esta

Esta Report 22 Dec 2005 21:05

Helen, Thanks for looking....Pity she wasn't there though :( Happy Christmas Esta x

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 22 Dec 2005 21:14

Hi If I'm not too late, I'm after a marriage with a Joseph Monk & Eliza ? It will probably be between 1867 & 1869 in Hertfordshire probably down as Berkhamsted. Thanks Penny