Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

You might find a photo of your ancestor here...or

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 30 Jan 2006 16:41

Just stumbled across a fabulous site - full of treasure for someone! Have sent a message to GR member Katy about her Alfred Francis John Sparks - there's one of him waiting to be claimed by her! Try it - and let me know if you have any luck. There are loads of photos of places too. http://www(.)reminiscene(.)co(.)uk/index(.)htm Sue (in NZ)

Lilly the flower

Lilly the flower Report 30 Jan 2006 17:01

Sue, just had a look at this site, it is really lovely, what wonderful photos, even if they don't belong to anyone, they are a joy to look at, and they might even help to identify old photos. thanks for sharing........Lilly

Sue

Sue Report 30 Jan 2006 17:12

You're welcome. I thought exactly the same - and couldn't wait to share. I do hope that the Katy I e-mailed is a current GR member who checks her messages! Sue

Sue

Sue Report 30 Jan 2006 19:55

Katy's found hers - now what about the rest of you? Good hunting! Sue (in NZ)

Janet

Janet Report 30 Jan 2006 20:00

Wonderful site - what a find. Thanks Sue

Chris the gardening

Chris the gardening Report 30 Jan 2006 20:48

What a great site, pity none of mine are there, still I could always adopt one!!!

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 30 Jan 2006 21:28

What lovely pictures unfortunately none mine! Rosalyn

Linda G

Linda G Report 30 Jan 2006 22:27

Just spent ages on this just looking at all the old photos. Like everyone else I just wished one of them had been mine. Thanks for letting us know about it Linda

McAlp

McAlp Report 30 Jan 2006 22:43

Thanks Sue As my grandchildren would say 'Wicked' Ann

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Jan 2006 22:55

Brilliant site - I've saved it in my favourites. Just wish some of the photos were mine. Thanks Kath. x

Chris the gardening

Chris the gardening Report 31 Jan 2006 01:45

another nice site that someone e.mailed me with old photo's is www.arewerelated.co.uk also a www.yourmemories.co.uk and a ww1 site that someone suggested on here my have photo's of servicemen and women. happy hunting Chris.

Fiona

Fiona Report 31 Jan 2006 04:47

I would love to see the website. But I can't find it with the web address. I must be doing something wrong! Fiona

Paul

Paul Report 31 Jan 2006 05:35

Hi Just remove the brackets from this address; http://www.reminiscene(.)co.uk/index.htm Cheeers...P

Fiona

Fiona Report 31 Jan 2006 05:38

Thanks Paula. It's still not working. Maybe the server is not working? Fiona

Paul

Paul Report 31 Jan 2006 05:42

Hi Fiona I have just sent you a PM with another link that does not require any alteration - maybe that will work for you. P.

Gail

Gail Report 31 Jan 2006 07:28

Thanks Sue, very interestng site. I love lookind at old photo's. Gail.

Sue

Sue Report 31 Jan 2006 08:08

One last nudge for morning GR addicts in the Northern hemisphere. Sue (in NZ)

Liberty64

Liberty64 Report 31 Jan 2006 09:56

Just had a look at the site, what a great find......... Wish one of those photo's were my ancestors!

Yvette

Yvette Report 31 Jan 2006 10:51

just had a look at this lovely site and added it to my faves, thanks for bringing it to my attention, we have a missing family bible, it would be so cool to find something belonging to your family there. thanks yvette

Fred (“\(*-*)/”)

Fred (“\(*-*)/”) Report 31 Jan 2006 11:01

Great site... one tip, leave out the index.htm at the end if you cannot get to the site