Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

who wants what finding tonight? i'm off to bed, wi

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 21 Feb 2006 21:03

Tell me what you know, and i 'll see what i can do

Esta

Esta Report 21 Feb 2006 21:06

Jess - can you find my front door keys for me........I need them now .......LOL !!

Angela

Angela Report 21 Feb 2006 21:07

Hello bored, Do you know how I can trace family that emigrated to Australia in the 70's (I think), I only have their names though. Frustrated!!! Ange

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Feb 2006 21:08

I am bored too Jess, Hubby is fed and the kids are in bed. And I am bored with my tree right now So what shall we do? Where is Steve? Jane ; 0 )

Jan.jan

Jan.jan Report 21 Feb 2006 21:09

Hi Jess. I'm sure that I have a load to keep you amused!! Can you work your magic for the Lucas family from Portsea. I can't find them on the 1891 Albert 1875 Francis 1871 George 1878 Harry 1851 Henry 1877 Thomas 1873 Thomas H 1847 William 1880 Thanks Jan

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 21 Feb 2006 21:10

Esta, tried the door? mine are usually inthe pocket of a coat i havent worn for weeks...except i put it on to put the bin out last night

Abigail

Abigail Report 21 Feb 2006 21:10

Well Jess and Jane if you're that bored I'll nudge my thread from earlier (called 'could anyone help me please...) and you can have fun finding out any more of that! here it comes... Abi

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 21 Feb 2006 21:11

Jan. any birth places or are they all Portsea?

Jan.jan

Jan.jan Report 21 Feb 2006 21:12

Jess. They are all born Portsea Jan

Smiley

Smiley Report 21 Feb 2006 21:27

Your mission tonight... should you choose to accept Finding this family in 1891 1901 Thomas J Crocker abt 1854 Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales Head Swansea Glamorgan Caroline Crocker abt 1855 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Wife Swansea Glamorgan Selina Crocker abt 1888 Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales Daughter Swansea Glamorgan 1881 Caroline Crocker abt 1856 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Wife Swansea John Crocker abt 1853 Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales Head Swansea Mary A. Crocker abt 1875 Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales Daughter Swansea Susan Crocker abt 1877 Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales Daughter Swansea Thomas Crocker abt 1880 Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales Swansea Head was Thomas John Crocker, known by Thomas or John. I've got Mary Ann (my great grandmother) in 1891, with Caroline Perry, her aunt. I'm buggered if I can find John, Caroline & Selina though!

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 21 Feb 2006 21:28

Jan, not obvious, or even 'likelies' at the moment. Who is who??

Debbie

Debbie Report 21 Feb 2006 21:32

Jess, if you are still bored and looking for something to do, I am looking for a marriage for one of my rellies and it has escaped me for months. Bet you could find it!! It is only the marriage details that I am looking for, I have birth/death certs. His name is Abraham Webb, born 7/3/1861 in Greets Green West Bromwich. His father was Titus John Webb and his mother was Mary Bushell, both born 1823. Abraham married Elizabeth Simmonds b1864 in Birmingham. They had 7 children (Amy, Alexander, George,Robert, Ada, Annie & Frances). Alexander is my great grandfather. I cannot find any birth details for the 2 eldest children Amy & Alexander, but have traced the birth certificate for George, which shows the parents and confirms Elizabeth's maiden name. Abraham was a boatman, a puddler and an iron worker. I know he died in 1933 and have traced his death certificate. Despite asking Sandwell & Birmingham registry offices to do searches, they cannot trace the marriage. I have looked on Ancestry and 1837online without success. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sophie

Jan.jan

Jan.jan Report 21 Feb 2006 21:36

Jess. Thomas H Lucas is the Head Harriett 1851 wife (sorry not Harry) the rest are the children. I can see the messages building up, so don't worry about it. At least I know that it isn't me not being able to find them. Off to bed now as I start at 5am. Thanks for looking Jan

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 21 Feb 2006 21:39

beggared if i can either sammy!

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 21 Feb 2006 21:41

sophie, when was the George born please which census first finds them married? got them in 1891 Abraham Webb abt 1861 West Bromwich, Staffordshire, England Head Harborne Staffordshire Alexander Webb abt 1886 Smethwick, Staffordshire, England Son Harborne Staffordshire Amy Webb abt 1884 Smethwick, Staffordshire, England Daughter Harborne Staffordshire Elizabeth Webb abt 1865 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Wife Harborne Staffordshire ------------------------------------------------- could Amy be born pre nuptuals?? Name: Simmonds, Amy Record Type: Births Quarter: March Year: 1883 District: West Bromwich County: Shropshire Staffordshire Worcestershire Volume: 6b Page: 872 or Name: Simmonds, Amy Record Type: Births Quarter: September Year: 1883 District: Kings Norton County: Staffordshire Warwickshire Worcestershire Volume: 6c Page: 461

Smiley

Smiley Report 21 Feb 2006 21:45

Thanks for looking Jess :-)

Susan

Susan Report 21 Feb 2006 21:52

Hi Jess, New to this my self only about 2 months into my tree, but my son in law has just got some info on his family, and I don't know where to start him off. The Info he has is his grandads birthcirtificate. Norman Callear born 1919 Frankfield Rd New Moston Manxhester District of prestwich. His father is Mortimer Callear. Have searched 1901 census can't find anyone, but on 1891 census, only one record comes up Mortimer Callear 1882 Willenhall West midlands, even when I look at different spellings can't seems to find anything. Can you please steer me in the right direction for him Thanks Sue

Debbie

Debbie Report 21 Feb 2006 21:53

Hi Jess Son George was born 15/8/1888. The 1881 census shows Abraham as son with parents but he is with wife Elizabeth on 1891 census. Do you think they just didn't get married and Elizabeth simply took his name? Or wasn't that done in those days?? Thanks Sophie

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 21 Feb 2006 22:02

sue, what is the mothers name on the birth cert ? born to Mortimer and who? just hanging onto this for a mo View Record CALLEAN, Mortimer 1881 December Births Wolverhampton Shropshire Staffordshire West Midlands

Debbie

Debbie Report 21 Feb 2006 22:04

Thanks Jess. I will chase up both of those births. I appreciate your time and help. Sophie