Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

where was he born ???

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clare

Clare Report 18 Apr 2006 21:37

hi there im trying to find out any infomation on my great grand father and my great great grandfather all i know is : well i dont know where my great grandfather was born but i do know that he had 2 children wliiam alfred morgan born in 1907 in ystrad munuch and the second harold morgan (my grandfather) in 1908 in bedwellty tredegar he married an elixabeth jane phillips at ST margrets churh in mountain ash in 1913 and he died in 1948 at ty pontypridd at the age of 71. and my g,g,grandfather his name was also william morgan dont know where he was born or if he ever got married only know about the one child there maybe more he died in 1936 at 59 woodland street mountain ash at the age of 89 does anybody know where i might be able to find out more information on either one of these as im stuck thank you clare

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 18 Apr 2006 21:45

I'm a little confused. Who married Elizabeth Phillips in 1913? Rose

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Apr 2006 21:46

Clare Your message is very difficult to read. Please copy and paste it and add as a reply to this thread - it should then come up in paragraphs. If you could put cap letters for the beginnings of names and full stops at the ends of sentences it would help:-) nell

Esta

Esta Report 18 Apr 2006 21:47

.bit confused .....but it's not so much stuck as simply a lack of information... What you need is your Grandfather BC...this will give you the full names of his parents... then you need to find their MC which would give you fathers names and an idea of ages... which would hopefully mean being able to find them in 1901... It's a very common name so you have to make sure you get the right information. ESta x

Merry

Merry Report 18 Apr 2006 21:48

Was Elizabeth J Phillips the mother of the two children born 1907 and 1908 or did your g-grandfather have a previous wife? Merry

Clare

Clare Report 18 Apr 2006 21:55

hi there im trying to find out any infomation on my great grandfather and my great,great grandfather all i know is : well i dont know where my great grandfather was born(William morgan) but i do know that he had 2 children William alfred morgan born in 1907 in ystrad munuch and the second Harold morgan (my grandfather) in 1908 in bedwellty tredegar he married an elizabeth jane phillips at ST margrets churh in mountain ash in 1913. And he died in 1948 at TY pontypridd at the age of 71. My g,g,grandfather his name was also william morgan dont know where he was born or if he ever got married only know about the one child there maybe more he died in 1936 at 59 woodland street mountain ash at the age of 89 does anybody know where i might be able to find out more information on either one of these as im stuck thank you

Clare

Clare Report 18 Apr 2006 21:57

rosemary my great grandfather William morgan married elizabeth jane phillips in 1913

Merry

Merry Report 18 Apr 2006 21:57

But who is the mother of your grandfather?? Merry

Clare

Clare Report 18 Apr 2006 21:58

esta i got my grandfathers bc but im looking for my great grandfather and g,g, grandfather whos names are both William morgan confusing i know

Merry

Merry Report 18 Apr 2006 22:00

So, are you saying William Morgan married E J Phillips some years after they had their children? Merry

Clare

Clare Report 18 Apr 2006 22:01

hi merry monty yes elizabeth was the mother of the two children and no my great grandfather was not married before he married her

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Apr 2006 22:02

Clare Let me see if I have this straight. You want William Morgan, your gt gt grandfather. You know he had a child, your gt grandfather, also called William Morgan. For simplicity, I'll call the younger one junior. You say you don't know if Wm Morgan senior ever married. If you have Wm junior's birth cert it should state his mother's name. If you don't have Wm junior's birth cert I strongly advise getting it. It will give you his mother's maiden name if she wasn't married, so you can find a marriage. It will also give Wm Morgan senior's occupation, which will help. nell

Clare

Clare Report 18 Apr 2006 22:03

hi merry monty again yes my great grand mother and great grandfather married a few years after the kids were born i was very supprised as i thought in them days people got married b4 having kids

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Apr 2006 22:03

Sorry, just read your last message about him marrying later - get the marriage cert, it will give a) his age, so you will have a good idea WHEN he was born b) his occupation c) his father's name and occupation, so you can find him on 1901 census. nell

Clare

Clare Report 18 Apr 2006 22:08

hi helen little the thing is i dont know where wm junior was born so i cant get his BC ive got his marriage cert and his death cert and ive also got wm seniors death cert cause i dont know where he was born either ive been trying to find this out for a long time and its doing my head in :)

Merry

Merry Report 18 Apr 2006 22:11

So, are we looking for a William Morgan born about 1877 with a father named the same born about 1847, probably somewhere in Wales! Have you got any occupations for these man? Merry

Clare

Clare Report 18 Apr 2006 22:11

sorry helen little just read your reply i got his marrage n stuff but cant find them on the 1901 cencus tryed and tryed but nothing

Clare

Clare Report 18 Apr 2006 22:16

merry monty yes their occupations are william born 1877 collier william born 1847 collier lol this doesn' t help much

Merry

Merry Report 18 Apr 2006 22:16

Just looking at the 1881 census on Family Search..... 1st possible: William MORGAN Head M Male 35 Pembroke, Wales Coalminer Sarah MORGAN Wife M Female 31 Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales Thomas MORGAN Son Male 11 Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales Scholar Mary Ann MORGAN Daur Female 10 Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales Scholar Margaret MORGAN Daur Female 9 Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales Scholar David MORGAN Son Male 7 Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales Scholar Catherine Jane MORGAN Daur Female 4 Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales Scholar William MORGAN Son Male 2 Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales Sarah MORGAN Daur Female 9 m Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales dad is a bit young in this next one: William MORGAN Head M Male 30 Llanfair, Monmouth, England Roller In Iron Works Elizabeth MORGAN Wife M Female 28 Ebbw Vale, Monmouth, England Rollers wife Jane A. MORGAN Daur U Female 4 Ebbw Vale, Monmouth, England William MORGAN Son U Male 2 Ebbw Vale, Monmouth, England Henry ABRAHAM Boarder W Male 61 Caerphilly, Glamorgan, Wales Labourer At Iron Works Elizabeth SAMUEL Servant U Female 32 Beaufort, Brecknock, Wales General Servant This next one you may be able to eliminate by dad's occupation? William MORGANS Head M Male 36 Nevern, Pembroke, Wales Farm Bailiff Mary MORGANS Wife M Female 36 Conwil, Carmarthen, Wales Martha MORGANS Daur Female 11 Conwil, Carmarthen, Wales Thomas MORGANS Son Male 8 Conwil, Carmarthen, Wales Ann MORGANS Daur Female 5 Pembrey, Carmarthen, Wales Jane MORGANS Daur Female 5 Pembrey, Carmarthen, Wales Willie MORGANS Son Male 3 Pembrey, Carmarthen, Wales another William MORGAN Head M Male 37 Penderyn, Brecknock, Wales Coal Miner Martha MORGAN Wife M Female 36 Merthyr, Glamorgan, Wales Sarah A. MORGAN Daur U Female 15 Penderyn, Brecknock, Wales Scholar David MORGAN Son U Male 12 Penderyn, Brecknock, Wales Scholar Llewellyn MORGAN Son U Male 10 Penderyn, Brecknock, Wales Scholar George MORGAN Son U Male 8 Penderyn, Brecknock, Wales Scholar Thomas MORGAN Son U Male 6 Penderyn, Brecknock, Wales Scholar William MORGAN Son U Male 3 Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales Hannah MORGAN Daur U Female 7 m Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales Will continue on another post, in case I press the wrong button! Merry

Merry

Merry Report 18 Apr 2006 22:21

Next: William MORGAN Head M Male 37 Penderyn, Brecknock, Wales Coal Miner Martha MORGAN Wife M Female 36 Merthyr, Glamorgan, Wales Sarah A. MORGAN Daur U Female 15 Penderyn, Brecknock, Wales Scholar David MORGAN Son U Male 12 Penderyn, Brecknock, Wales Scholar Llewellyn MORGAN Son U Male 10 Penderyn, Brecknock, Wales Scholar George MORGAN Son U Male 8 Penderyn, Brecknock, Wales Scholar Thomas MORGAN Son U Male 6 Penderyn, Brecknock, Wales Scholar William MORGAN Son U Male 3 Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales Hannah MORGAN Daur U Female 7 m Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales next: William MORGAN Head M Male 35 Nantyglo, Monmouth, England Collier Johanna MORGAN Wife M Female 37 Nantyglo, Monmouth, England William MORGAN Son Male 4 Nantyglo, Monmouth, England Next: William MORGAN Head M Male 32 Llantwit Fardre, Glamorgan, Wales Coal Trimmer Mary MORGAN Wife M Female 33 Bridgend, Glamorgan, Wales Margaret MORGAN Daur Female 10 Llantwit Fardre, Glamorgan, Wales Scholar Mary Jane MORGAN Daur Female 8 Lantwit Fardre, Glamorgan, Wales Scholar William MORGAN Son Male 4 Llantwit Fardre, Glamorgan, Wales Scholar Maria MORGAN Daur Female 2 Cardiff, Glamorgan, Wales Sarah Ann MORGAN Daur Female 3 m Cardiff, Glamorgan, Wales and another! William MORGAN Head M Male 34 Maesteg, Glamorgan, Wales Carter Haulier Ann MORGAN Wife M Female 29 Maesteg, Glamorgan, Wales Margaret A. MORGAN Daur Female 10 Maesteg, Glamorgan, Wales Scholar Mary C. MORGAN Daur Female 9 Maesteg, Glamorgan, Wales Scholar John MORGAN Son Male 8 Maesteg, Glamorgan, Wales Scholar Lewis L. MORGAN Son Male 6 Maesteg, Glamorgan, Wales Scholar William MORGAN Son Male 4 Maesteg, Glamorgan, Wales Scholar Susan MORGAN Daur Female 3 Maesteg, Glamorgan, Wales Scholar Benjamin MORGAN Son Male 1 Maesteg, Glamorgan, Wales Evan MORGAN Son Male 1 m Maesteg, Glamorgan, Wales Another post in a min.... Merry