Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

fantastic site for victorian occupations

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 2 Jun 2006 16:04

see below

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 2 Jun 2006 16:05

Fantastic site for Victorian occupations and explaining their meanings, they have some really obscure ones. Ok here goes www.census1891’dot’com’backslash’occupations’dot’htm

Merry

Merry Report 2 Jun 2006 16:18

http://www(.)census1891(.)com/occupations.htm Is that better? Remove brackets Merry

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 2 Jun 2006 17:54

Glad to pass it on Ann, think it will be invaluable for the more obscure occupations x

≈≈≈Jenny≈≈≈

≈≈≈Jenny≈≈≈ Report 2 Jun 2006 18:54

Fab site - easy to use. Relative was a SCAVENGER - yeuch I thought, seeing him on top of the local tip looking for his lunch! The smell doesnt bear thinking about, now I know he was really a street cleaner! now ok perhaps only a marginally better working environment in those times but now i can sleep knowing he at least had a job! Thanks Jen

Ann

Ann Report 2 Jun 2006 19:59

This is a great site, thanks!

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 2 Jun 2006 21:54

Hi everyone, thanks you for all your feedback, glad you found this site useful x

Tiger-Lily

Tiger-Lily Report 2 Jun 2006 22:19

Thank you for finding this site Fuzzy. And thank you for giving the address in an easy to understand way! Regards TGx

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 4 Jun 2006 12:18

Nudging as dont want others to miss out on this!! x

GypsyJoe

GypsyJoe Report 5 Jun 2006 08:49

nudging again took me a while to find it gypsyjoe

Carter

Carter Report 5 Jun 2006 09:03

NUDGE SO THAT I CAN LOOK AT IT LATER LOVE LINDA X

≈≈≈Jenny≈≈≈

≈≈≈Jenny≈≈≈ Report 5 Jun 2006 12:09

nudged for lady lol

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 15 Jun 2006 14:21

Nudging for all who may have missed this thread...

≈≈≈Jenny≈≈≈

≈≈≈Jenny≈≈≈ Report 5 Jul 2006 14:30

nudge Jenx

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 29 Jul 2006 18:12

Nudging for Gwen Fuzzy x

Gwen

Gwen Report 29 Jul 2006 18:26

thanks for that I will spend hours on it just been reading it and just loved some of the occupations. Scabbler, Prick louise, Lobolly boy, what do you think they were ? look at the site its a must. Gwen

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 29 Jul 2006 18:33

thought you would appreciate it Gwen, it makes fascinating reading doesn't it?!! I spent ages on it when I first found it, glad I could share it with you Fuzzy x

Bee~fuddled.

Bee~fuddled. Report 31 Mar 2007 19:49

nudging for posterity!

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Mar 2007 20:58

Nudge for later.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 31 Mar 2007 21:01

Another good sight. http://rmhh.*co.uk/occup/ remove star.