Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Awfull mess plz help

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

hooch

hooch Report 7 Jul 2006 10:20

Hi Everyone xx After being poorly im back again lol I am in such a mess I have a James Webb married a Alice Hooton in Nottingham (my great grandparents) I thought they were born 1887 & 1888 but I got thier marriage cert yesterday and its saying that when they married in 1906 they were 41 yrs & 25 yrs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! making it 1865 &1881 So all my Hootons I have are wrong boohoo and for the life of me can't seem to trace the real Hootons who do belong to me (or Webb for that matter) It says on the marriage cert that James Webb 41 was an elecrical engineer and his dad was called William Webb Civil Engineer and in July 1906 he was deceased. Alice Hooton was 25 her dad was named Arthur Hooton and he was a Iron Planer. Neither James or Alice had been married before. Help please what can I do to find the real families??????????????/ Luv Angie xxxxxx

Merry

Merry Report 7 Jul 2006 10:24

Firstly.....don't panic! Merry

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 7 Jul 2006 10:28

hiya, first of all dont discount the info you already have, just keep it to one side, you may need it later, looks like youre gonna have t start again, with the details from cert, begin by looking on cen, to see if willliam was still alive, do the wintesses give any clues?? where were they living at time of marriage??? any idea where they could be living in 1901 cen? I'll try and help if i can, i know nottm dist pretty well, (Live there) Julie

hooch

hooch Report 7 Jul 2006 10:28

Hi Merry xxxxxxxx Panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im hysterical laughing crying banging my head against the wall screaming lol Funny thing is my new cousins copied my tree lol and now had to tell her that its wrong eek lol Why oh why did I start this family tree it had to end up wrapped round my neck lol, I can never do anything right oh well Luv Angie xxxxx

Dea

Dea Report 7 Jul 2006 10:30

Are we SURE it is the correct certificate? Dea x

hooch

hooch Report 7 Jul 2006 10:34

Hi Julie x They were living at 14 Highhurst Street Nottm & 12 Highhurst Street Nottm on 14th July 1906 when they married (james Living at no 14 alice at no 12) been back on the BMD's and found loads of alice hootons born in 1881 (but all with middle names no middle name shown on marriage cert) Do ya think she fibbed on marriage cert and added 7 yrs to her age to make it look better) but saying that I thought her dads name was Henry but its Arthur) god im confusing myself again why cant i have a nice simple traceable non fibbing family lmao Luv Angie xxx

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 7 Jul 2006 10:38

right, 1901 cen >>> Alice Hooton abt 1887 Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England Boarder Nottingham Nottinghamshire >>> Arthur Hooton abt 1861 Sheffield, Yorkshire, England Boarder Nottingham Nottinghamshire View Record Gerry Lewin abt 1897 Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Nottingham Nottinghamshire View Record Henry Lewin abt 1865 Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England Head Nottingham Nottinghamshire View Record Rose Lewin abt 1865 Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England Wife Nottingham Nottinghamshire Arthur is listed as widow, but is mechanic, weighing machines Alice is machinist (hosiery) julie

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 7 Jul 2006 10:39

Name: Alice Hooton Age: 14 Estimated birth year: abt 1887 Relation: Boarder Household: View other family members Gender: Female Where born: Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England Civil parish: Nottingham Ecclesiastical parish: New Basford St Augustine Town: Nottingham County/Island: Nottinghamshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Source information: RG13/3188 Registration district: Nottingham Sub-registration district: Bulwell ED, institution, or vessel: 12 Folio: 97 Page: 36 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 253 i'll have alook to see if i can find them on 1891 Julie

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 7 Jul 2006 10:42

1891, with wife View Record Alice Hooton abt 1865 London, England Wife St Marks Lincolnshire >>>>Alice Hooton abt 1887 Nottinghamshire, England Daughter St Marks Lincolnshire View Record Arthur Hooton abt 1862 Rotherham, Yorkshire, England Head St Marks Lincolnshire View Record George Hooton abt 1883 Nottinghamshire, England Son St Marks Lincolnshire seems to be same one, his occupation, william (engineer) Labourer waddya think???? Julie

Merry

Merry Report 7 Jul 2006 10:46

What's the chances that James knocked off a few years because he was an ''older man''?????? This family, below, are being a pain in the ****, so they MUST be a possible!! 1861 census (ie before James should have been born!) Susanah Pearce abt 1806 Portland Visitor Weybridge Surrey Edward Webb abt 1857 British Subject Son Weybridge Surrey Eliza Webb abt 1859 British Subject Daughter Weybridge Surrey Aged 4 mths>>>>James Webb abt 1860 Weybridge, Surrey, England Son Weybridge Surrey John Webb abt 1850 British Subject Son Weybridge Surrey Susanh Webb abt 1834 British Subject Wife Weybridge Surrey Occ Engineer>>>>>William Webb abt 1826 British Subject Head Weybridge Surrey William Webb abt 1853 British Subject Son Weybridge Surrey So, they all say British Subject but no place of birth except James!! Of course when I tried to find them in later census records, I couldn't!! lol! BTW.....that Susannah Pearce born 1806 at Portland, at the top above, is probably one of my relations!! lol Merry

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 7 Jul 2006 10:48

this looks to be birth, however there is another alice hooton in nottm at this time, her father is henry though, have just checked census, this looks to be your alice, could order cert with arthur as ref check Name: Alice Hooton Year of Registration: 1887 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep District: Nottingham County: Nottinghamshire Volume: 7b Page: 309 Julie

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 7 Jul 2006 10:53

this could be the mothers death, would fit in with them being boarders in 1901 Name: Alice Hooton Birth Date: abt 1865 Year of Registration: 1897 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep Age at death: 32 District: Lincoln County: Lincolnshire Volume: 7a Page: 334 julie

Merry

Merry Report 7 Jul 2006 10:57

I think this is the same family I found before, who previously gave the impression they were born abroad, but I think were not...... this is 1891: Angess Webb abt 1874 Newbury, Berkshire, England Daughter Isleworth Middlesex Henrietta Webb abt 1868 Mitcham, Surrey, England Daughter Isleworth Middlesex Susanna Webb abt 1835 Portland, Dorset, England Wife Isleworth Middlesex Practical Engineer >>>>>William Webb abt 1827 London, Middlesex, England Head Isleworth Middlesex Note Susan is now from Portland! I wonder if she was also a Pearce (might be my rellie too!) and the Visitor in the earlier census was her sister? Merry

Merry

Merry Report 7 Jul 2006 11:07

Bother.....found them in 1881 now, but all sons must be away at school....... William WEBB Head M Male 54 London, Middlesex, England Practical Engineer E M Maker Susanna WEBB Wife M Female 46 Portland, Dorset, England Henrietta WEBB Daur Female 13 Mitcham, Surrey, England Scholar Angess WEBB Daur Female 7 Newbury, Berkshire, England Scholar Hanworth Road 11 Isleworth I've got rellies who lived in Hanworth Road, but the Twickenham end! Merry

Merry

Merry Report 7 Jul 2006 11:10

1901.....we will need a death for William before 1906 in order for this family to be contenders! Alice Webb abt 1872 Merton, Surrey, England Daughter Iver Buckinghamshire Sussauga Webb abt 1834 Portland, Dorset, England Wife Iver Buckinghamshire William Webb abt 1831 Worth, London, England Head Iver Buckinghamshire Mechanical Enginner for William. Got to go and buy an onion.....back shortly! Merry

Zoe

Zoe Report 7 Jul 2006 11:10

1871?? Alice Webb abt 1870 Merton, Surrey, England Daughter Edward Webb abt 1857 Brentford, Middlesex, England Son Henrietta Webb abt 1868 Mitcham, Surrey, England Daughter Louisa Webb abt 1832 Isle of Portland, Dorset, England Wife Rebecca Webb abt 1865 Wandsworth, Surrey, England Daughter William Webb abt 1827 London, Middlesex, England Head William Webb abt 1853 Hampton, Middlesex, England Son

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 7 Jul 2006 11:16

i found this 1871 cen, but am looking for him now in 1881, to see if he has married alice >>> Arthur Hooton abt 1862 Rotherham, Yorkshire, England Son Billinghay Lincolnshire View Record May Hooton abt 1845 Billinghay, Lincolnshire, England Wife Billinghay Lincolnshire View Record Rose E Hooton abt 1863 Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Billinghay Lincolnshire View Record William Hooton abt 1838 Bardney, Lincolnshire, England Head Billinghay Lincolnshire View Record William Hooton abt 1865 Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England Son Billinghay Lincolnshire julie

Merry

Merry Report 7 Jul 2006 11:33

Who were the wedding witnesses? Merry

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 7 Jul 2006 11:35

hiya, cant find him at all on 1881 cen, and cant find marriage either, sorry Julie BTW Merry, i did ask this, but i guess angela must be busy !! LOL Julie

hooch

hooch Report 7 Jul 2006 11:56

Thank u thank u thank u flipping stars xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx could kiss ya lol xxxxxxxxxxxxx not busy call it technical probs with NTL broadband just for a change again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrr (dont get me started on NTL lol) Flipping heck my brains gone dead with all the info help!!!!!!!! lol Merry I did wish u was a rellie a couple of weeks ago lol woohoo maybe hey lol. im gonna run off to the family center when ive drank my coffee get the electrol roll for 1906 for Highhurst Streeet see if that gives me any other info (or just confuse me a bit more lol) im gonna write all the info above down and go through it with a fine tooth comb I just wish I knew where they were all born would make life a bit easier. Thing is is Alice fibbing on her marriage cert (my nanna alice's daughter in law did on hers caused me many a sleepless night she fibbed about her name her age and her address lmao) and uncovering all that was a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!! im pretty sure ive got the right marriage cert tho, cus whats the chances of 2 people named the same being married to the same people (ive got grandads birth cert so know def that his parents were James Webb & Alice Hooton and in 1907 when grandad was born they were living in Nottingham) Here I go again look confusing myself. Thank u so very much for all ya help I really truly appreciate it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Angie all luved up today lol xxxxxxxxx