Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help and advice needed please.....

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 18 Jul 2006 11:06

See below in a mo.....

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 18 Jul 2006 11:07

Am in a bit of a quandary here, and need some advice. I cannot find a marriage of this couple George Boxall and Emily Baker, after much searching and help from some kind souls on this site. Below is them in 1871 “married” with their children. I have one of the children’s birth certs so I know that Emily Boxall was previously Baker. Now here is the thing, I can only find one Emily Baker born in 1839/1840 in Lambeth, do I take the risk and send off for a birth cert without a marriage cert to collaborate the fathers name?? I have done this before, but I was lucky enough to find the woman on a much later census with a relative staying and the proof was then gained. Albert Boxall abt 1870 Lambeth, Surrey, England Son Lambeth London View Record Emily Boxall abt 1839 Lambeth, Surrey, England Wife Lambeth London View Record George Boxall abt 1838 Childenfold, Surrey, England Head Lambeth London View Record George Boxall abt 1865 Lambeth, Surrey, England Son Lambeth London View Record Henry Boxall abt 1863 Lambeth, Surrey, England Son Lambeth London View Record Mary Ann Boxall abt 1867 Lambeth, Surrey, England Daughter Lambeth London Any help and advice gratefully received………Merry if you are reading this I know I am supposed to be having a break from all this, but I cant leave it alone and this is perhaps the only line I can possibly go back on!!! Fuzzy x

Merry

Merry Report 18 Jul 2006 11:14

I have just cleaned both kids bedrooms, so I am allowed here for a while!! What have you done this morning????? Have you got George, single, in 1861?? Merry

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 18 Jul 2006 11:18

Oh Oh caught red handed!!! done nothing but sit on computer!! Merry this is a bit of a nightmare family, George has three differnt places of birth!!! all surrey and close together, guildford, shalford and Chiddingfold!!! I cant find him on the 1861 although I think heather maybe found him awhile back in 1861 spelt as Boxhall but we weren't sure!! Fuzzy x

Janice

Janice Report 18 Jul 2006 11:18

I've put 2 loads of washing on the line and the third one is in. Also cleaned bathroom and washed up! Am I allowed out to play too? ;-)) janice

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Jul 2006 11:19

Merry, You should go and stand in the corner!!! Cleaning kid's bedrooms is definitley NOT allowed. Kath. x :-)

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 18 Jul 2006 11:20

LOL Janice, Now feel totally guilty about the washing piling up!!! You def allowed out to play!! Fuzzy

Carol

Carol Report 18 Jul 2006 11:20

Hi Fuzzy, Sorry to tell you there are two Emily Bakers aged 2 in the 1841 living in Lambeth 1. father Thomas HO107/1057/9 2. father Henry HO107/1056/3 Both large families. Best of luck, Carol

Janice

Janice Report 18 Jul 2006 11:20

Don't children's bedrooms carry a Government Health Warning? Merry, you might have picked up something infectious!!

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 18 Jul 2006 11:20

thanks kathleen, made me feel slightly less guilty!! Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 18 Jul 2006 11:22

Hi Carol, Thanks for that, but only one was actually born in lambeth Fuzzy x

Merry

Merry Report 18 Jul 2006 11:24

I think I must have a severe dust allergy!! *****sneeze, sneeze***** I shall expect this cleaning session to last until the beginning of Sept!! Fuzzy, Which child do you have the birth cert for?? Merry

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 18 Jul 2006 11:28

Hi Merry, The child is from one of the later census, her name is amelia and she was born in 1881, they didn't seem to bother registering the earlier ones!! Father stated as George Boxall and mother as Emily Boxall formerly Baker. do hope you are joking about the cleaning!! I cant remember ever being able to sit down and do anything when washing/ironing/housework needed doing......until now that is!! Emily Boxall abt 1837 1884 Oct-Nov-Dec Wandsworth London, Surrey..... think this is prob when emily died Fuzzy x

Merry

Merry Report 18 Jul 2006 11:35

I'm just going of on a tangent re George before he gor married (or didn't!!) In 1841 there is this George: Geo Boxall abt 1840 Surrey, England Woking Surrey Geo West abt 1817 Surrey, England Woking Surrey Louise West abt 1818 Woking Surrey I'm thinking Louise/a West is probably his mum and maybe newly married to George West, who might well be his biological father (given the baby is only 7mths old). I was imagining George Boxall getting married using the name West in 1861+++??! Anyway.....I haven't looked at the marriages yet, but did move on to the next census, hoping to find them all together.....but 1851: No George (aged 10/11), so maybe a complete red-herring......but, the lodger is actually a Boxall!! William Berall abt 1816 Kirdford, Surrey, England Lodger Woking Surrey Charles West abt 1845 Woking, Surrey, England Son Woking Surrey Henry West abt 1845 Woking, Surrey, England Son Woking Surrey Louisa West abt 1818 Kirdaford, Surrey, England Head Woking Surrey Louisa West abt 1850 Woking, Surrey, England Daughter Woking Surrey William West abt 1842 Woking, Surrey, England Son Woking Surrey Maybe William Boxall is Louisa's brother? (they have the same birthplace.....) Still looking.... Merry

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 18 Jul 2006 11:39

Merry, maybe why that is why I cant find a marriage!!!! Unfortunately the surrey area is riddled with Boxalls!!! Including one who was born in the same place and year as mine, but having followed him on a later census is not mine!!! why cant these people stay put?! Fuzzy x ps having promised myself i would be on here for only half hour (at eight this morning) I am not even dressed....oh god what a slob I am turning into!!

Merry

Merry Report 18 Jul 2006 11:41

OK, so the idea of him marrying using the surname West doesn't work! There are none of those to an Emily Baker, either! Merry

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 18 Jul 2006 11:45

Oh bum......thought that was a good explanation I have just been tracking all of the Boxalls from the same time and place period that mine has given and I have followed them all forwards......except mine!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh so frustrating. thought i had found him in 1843 shalford, but he turns up in 1871 as a seperate person! Fuzzy x

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 18 Jul 2006 11:48

This I think may be him in 1861, what you think?? George Boxhall abt 1838 Guilford, Surrey, England Visitor Southwark St George Surrey View Record Sarah Boxhall abt 1810 Guilford, Surrey, England Visitor Southwark St George Surrey View Record Sarah Griffiths abt 1843 Cardijaushire, Wales Visitor Southwark St George Surrey View Record Thymoth Griffiths abt 1841 Cardijaushire, Wales Visitor Southwark St George Surrey View Record Mary Jenkins abt 1837 Cardijaushire, Wales Wife Southwark St George Surrey View Record Morgan Jenkins abt 1821 Cardijaushire, Wales Head Southwark St George Surrey View Record John P Rees abt 1836 Cardijaushire, Wales Visitor Southwark St George Surrey Fuzzy x

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 18 Jul 2006 11:50

Interestingly enough he doesn't exist under that spelling in 1871 when he is George Boxall 'married' to Emily. I have looked for a marriage between Emily and George Boxhall but cant find that either! Fuzzy x

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 18 Jul 2006 12:09

Thanks for all your help Merry.......ooooh thats all I seem to say these days!! Have usual problem of child who having just got up and on break from college is politely requesting that I vacate the computer, and as I do have a pile of washing/ironing to do as well as floors etc I am obliging....didn't just want to disappear without telling you though......If you do have a brain wave please let me know....the horrible thing is I had just given up on flippin William Reed and then picked this little lot up!!! Still would be boring if it was all easy eh?!!! Fuzzy x ps please do not do anymore cleaning, you must be careful with your 'dust allergy'!!