Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what the beggar are ancestry doing now?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 27 Jul 2006 23:04

pretty pictures of babies with their thumb in their gob takes to you to BDM where the devil are census?

Brit

Brit Report 27 Jul 2006 23:06

Not having that problem here Jess. BUT it is loading each page very slowly all of a sudden.

Merry

Merry Report 27 Jul 2006 23:06

No babies on my screen. What substances have you been taking?????! Merry

Margaret

Margaret Report 27 Jul 2006 23:07

MERRY What are you accusing Jess of??? pmsl

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jul 2006 23:08

Jess Don't know what the beggar you've been doing, but Ancestry is working fine for me and I have no pictures of babies!

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 27 Jul 2006 23:08

Merry - stop it, i'm SERIOUS! go to the top left blue tab HOME then see if you can find your way back into census, and if you can tell me how! You lots are HORRIBLE - what with you and the slightly wierd bloke on general

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jul 2006 23:09

I think Merry has just posted what I was thinking, actually!

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 27 Jul 2006 23:09

It must be the interweb version of the music you hear down the phone,only it's utilising (big word for a late shift) the visual capabilities (bigger word) of the net. Why is GR so slow all of a sudden? Glen

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 27 Jul 2006 23:13

Glen . are you on the right thread there - i dont have a clue what you are waffling on about! is Mrs Tinsel Knickers ok, by the way? Everyone has gone very quiet - maybe Jess isnt talking scribble/totally P*ssed after all.....

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jul 2006 23:14

Jess From the home page, I can either put a name in the search box and get all records - including censuses, or I can scroll down and click on the individual census I want. No difficulty and no babies!

Margaret

Margaret Report 27 Jul 2006 23:14

ooh I'm off to general to see who the wierd bloke is

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 27 Jul 2006 23:17

Nell, you are saying if you scroll down , you havent got a black and white picture of a baby with its fist in its gob?left hand side...?

Margaret

Margaret Report 27 Jul 2006 23:18

Jess No problems for me either. No babies either. Are you still having problems? Was the wierd guy the one on about stocking and tights? lol

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 27 Jul 2006 23:19

That's the most stupid change they've made so far. No babies with Firefox, but Opera has the babies on the front page with no way at all of getting to the censuses. You'll have to use this link to get there direct: http://www.ancestry*co.uk/search/rectype/census/uk/default.aspx (replace asterisk with dot)

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 27 Jul 2006 23:22

margaret - can get to census the way Nell said now - faffing about!! yes that is the bloke - i anwered popsocks then deleted it again. maybe i am being supercautious and hyper something, but its a bit of a wierd thread for a bloke , isn't it?? ======================================== THANK GOD SOMEONE ELSE HAS FOUND THE BABY - I'M NOT HALLUCINATING AFTER ALL!

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 Jul 2006 23:23

hiya Jess, I'm not having any problems like you seem to having but i cant get into GR uk and have had to goto Com, have you done a virus scan lately?? my puter caught a virus last night, from GR, cant think of flippin name now, but shuffled it off to virus vault, and got shot, failing that, try deleting cookies, and see if that helps will ask hubby if he can remember wot it was called Julie

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 27 Jul 2006 23:24

Well Jess I thought you were having some 'entertainment' whilst waiting for pages to load. Mrs Glen is feeling a bit rough,battered and bruised from the operation and struggling with the heat in the hospital. GR has suddenly stopped working,it took so long to load this thread i thought you would have all gone home by now. Glen

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 27 Jul 2006 23:25

Give Mrs Glen a hug from us mad lot, wont you - gentle one mind you!

Margaret

Margaret Report 27 Jul 2006 23:27

Jess Yes it is a bit of a pervy thread for a bloke

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 27 Jul 2006 23:37

Twinkle- thats what i got first time, ...then i took out the * and put in a dot..! its only about a zillion times better...!Thanks for that