Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Here's where Patricia Smith's Warwickshire thread

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 27 Aug 2006 21:57

I think Nell had put a reply on it. I put a reply on, and then did a Refresh to see what anyone else might have found and the thread had disappeared! Christine

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 Aug 2006 21:59

i dunno had just found the family in 1861 was just about to post and wammo, its gone!!! Julie

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 Aug 2006 22:02

hiya have just had pm from pat, and have asked her if she has deleted thread, but also asked her to create new one, Hope this helps Julie

Patricia

Patricia Report 27 Aug 2006 22:05

julie got your message

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 27 Aug 2006 22:05

I found a likely family on 1861 - it looked as if the Stephen I'd found was a cousin of Robert's, and I found Eliza as a widow. Assuming I found the right lot - Handsworth? Christine

Patricia

Patricia Report 27 Aug 2006 22:06

Yes they did live in Handsworth

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 Aug 2006 22:08

ok then is this the one you found as well chris?? 1861 census Name: Robert Turner Age: 7 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1854 Relation: Son Mother's name: Eliza Gender: Male Where born: Handsth, Staffordshire, England Civil parish: Handsworth Ecclesiastical parish: St Mary County/Island: Staffordshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: View image Registration district: West Bromwich Sub-registration district: Handsworth ED, institution, or vessel: 10 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 96 Household Members: Name Age Eliza Turner 43 Elizabeth Turner 1 Emma Turner 4 John Turner 13 Robert Turner 7 Stephen Turner 10 Stephen Turner 25 Thomas Turner 16 eliza is widow on image, but seem very likely will have look for death julie

Patricia

Patricia Report 27 Aug 2006 22:12

i have took a copy of that also, gosh i am so excited with all this extra info, thank you your and angel

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 27 Aug 2006 22:13

This is both my results (including copied from old thread before I came out of it! I did find this family (no Robert): 1871 Name: Stephen Turner Age: 36 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1835 Relation: Head Spouses's Name: Elizabeth Gender: Male Where born: Frome Bishop, Hertfordshire, England Civil Parish: Aston Ecclesiastical parish: St Andrew Town: Bordesley County/Island: Warwickshire RG10; Piece: 3140; Folio: 103; Page: 2 Household Members: Name Age Ann Turner 7 - Marston, Derbys Elizabeth Turner 27 - Marston, Derbys George Turner 3 - Aston John Turner 5 - Aston Stephen Turner 36 - labourer Thomas Turner 1 - Aston 1861 (same as Julie, I think?) Name: Stephen Turner Age: 25 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1836 Relation: Nephew Gender: Male Where born: Brickfrome? (incl query mark) Civil parish: Handsworth Ecclesiastical parish: St Mary County/Island: Staffordshire RG9; Piece: 2020; Folio: 85; Page: 21 Household Members: Name Age Eliza Turner 43, W - Hereford, Marbrickhall Thomas Turner 16 - Worcs, Creadley John Turner 13 - Handsworth Stephen Turner 10 - Handsworth ***Robert Turner 7 - Handsworth Emma Turner 4 - Handsworth Elizabeth Turner 1 - Handsworth Stephen Turner 25 - nephew Christine

Patricia

Patricia Report 27 Aug 2006 22:15

thank you also christine, i am going to take a copy of that now and go and investigate all this new info, you can probably tell how excited i am LOL

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 Aug 2006 22:20

hiya, i just saw your replies chris, and they are different, but not to say they not connected, am trying to find them in 41, or find a death for stephen, any ideas?? julie

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 27 Aug 2006 22:21

Thought I was finding your family on http://www.bmsgh.org but I'm not convinced... As they say, Two swallows don't make a summer! Surname Forename(s) Sub-District Registers At Reference West Midlands Birth indexes for the years: 1848 TURNER John Sedgley Dudley SEG/025/448 West Midlands Birth indexes for the years: 1851 TURNER Stephen Sedgley Dudley SEG/034/402 Christine

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 Aug 2006 22:22

this could be them in 1851 Name: Stephen Turner Age: 37 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1814 Relation: Head Spouses's Name: Eliza Gender: Male Where born: Cradley, Herefordshire, England Civil parish: Handsworth County/Island: Staffordshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: West Bromwich Sub-registration district: Handsworth ED, institution, or vessel: 1i Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 63 Household Members: Name Age John Bincott 3 Stephen Bincott 3 Mo Thos Bincott 6 Willm D Bincott 9 Eliza Turner 30 Stephen Turner 37 julie

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 27 Aug 2006 22:23

I reckoned my 1871 Stephen (Head) was the 1861 Stephen (Nephew) Christine

Patricia

Patricia Report 27 Aug 2006 22:23

You two are the experts, i will just work off the info you are giving me

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 27 Aug 2006 22:29

If you have a look at the 1851 image, I think there's a mistranscription. What do you think? If so one of us had better submit a correction. I reckon the first child's name is William Bincott Do (i.e. Turner) and all the subsequent Dos belong to Turner not Bincott. Bincott could be Eliza's maiden name? - or a family name somewhere? Christine

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 Aug 2006 22:33

hiya, sorrry should have put on the census i put up, was 1861 and stephen had died by then, so maybe we need to find his death?? i'll ammend the details Julie

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 27 Aug 2006 22:37

This is a poss - but you can't tell without buying the cert: Name: Stephen Turner Year of Registration: 1859 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec District: West Bromwich County: Shropshire, Staffordshire, Worcestershire Volume: 6b Page: 389 Christine

Patricia

Patricia Report 27 Aug 2006 22:38

i will get that ordered thank you

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 Aug 2006 22:52

hiya chris, i think you are right, about the misranscription, i'll bet if we look for that childs birth we'll find that is a middle name, and possibly mothers maiden name, you think so too??? julie ie william bonicott turner, may even been born before parents married??