Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hi Everybody !!!! Anybody whos still there?????

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 4 Sep 2006 20:08

come join us on (www.)genealogistsxgr.(co.uk) on the 1881 census for Middlesex I have a rellie Martha Tyler age 13 with her Sister Mary Ann age 9 and her Brother Charles age 7 , Martha is down as Head surely not, could somebody have a look at it please and confirm that as the parents arent there, cannot find them on 1881 but they were still alive then. RG11 428 at 24 Middlesex Walk

Heather

Heather Report 4 Sep 2006 20:09

Perhaps the parents were both ill or somewhere else Val. Have you tried looking for them yet?

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 4 Sep 2006 20:09

My daughter has been head of the household since she was 5.

Val wish I'd never started Report 4 Sep 2006 20:11

is this the new or old Heather or someone else ??? Cant keep up with her name changing. Paul very funny.

Heather

Heather Report 4 Sep 2006 20:11

Looks like an error Val: This lot are shown next household - is this mum and dad? Robert TYLER Head M Male 49 Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England Looking Glass Pillar Maker C & G Caroline TYLER Wife M Female 47 Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England Brush Drawer -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling 25 Middle Walk Census Place London, Middlesex, England Family History Library Film 1341093 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 0428 / 52

Val wish I'd never started Report 4 Sep 2006 20:12

yes I have searched for them, no luck.

Merry

Merry Report 4 Sep 2006 20:12

Who are Robert and Caroline, nextdoor? Merry

Heather

Heather Report 4 Sep 2006 20:12

See above Val!

Val wish I'd never started Report 4 Sep 2006 20:14

so they arent at 24 Middlesex Walk then ???thats strange as their parents were George and Mary Ann.I think I will go and lie down quietly thanks a lot

Val wish I'd never started Report 4 Sep 2006 20:15

I am not sure yet but they keep cropping up Robert could be George's Brother I suppose.I have not got that far.

Heather

Heather Report 4 Sep 2006 20:15

No, that pair are shown as next household - likely auntie and uncle then? That was on familysearches 1881 - note the street is shown as Middle Walk. I guess mum and dad werent home. Hospital??

Val wish I'd never started Report 4 Sep 2006 20:18

the Mother Mary Ann left her Husband and moved in with George who had Martha already by a first wife they then went on to have Mary Ann, Charles and a couple of others.So wonder where they are surely they would be on the census wherever they were.

Heather

Heather Report 4 Sep 2006 20:39

Blimey Val

Right said Fred

Right said Fred Report 4 Sep 2006 20:41

I have a bot of 16 in 1881 as head. his mother died three months before the census.

Joy

Joy Report 4 Sep 2006 20:46

Yes, I have seen a 2-year-old as head of household.

Heather

Heather Report 4 Sep 2006 20:55

Well I suppose Mary Ann could have walked out on poor old George aswell (I hope this type of thing doesnt run in your family Val - I thought you were a NICE sort of girl). So if Mary Ann dumped George - would she have a different surname in this census. And what is Georges occupation? Could he be away - a mariner or anything. Did you say they were still alive in next census?

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 4 Sep 2006 21:17

Nice one Paul Bob

Heather

Heather Report 4 Sep 2006 21:48

Pauls 5 year old daughter cant beat Tom's '16 year old bot' . Now that is unusual.

Val wish I'd never started Report 4 Sep 2006 22:09

sorry been away again Heather I like the GIRL word !!!!!

♫ D☺ver Sue

♫ D☺ver Sue Report 4 Sep 2006 22:11

I have a similar problem, a 14 year old apparently alone in the house. It's the only census that I can find her on too :-(