Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry sub - 15% discount - all the time!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 30 Jan 2007 20:49

See below

Heather

Heather Report 30 Jan 2007 20:55

I belong to a cash back site called quidco - its absolutely bon fide - Ive used it for over a year and you just register and then try to remember to buy all your online purchases through the site. Just go there, you can search by name of shop/company or do a general search. It has John Lewis, M and S, Tescos, smiths,abebooks, Mothercare, all the catalogues, loads and loads of companies and lots of the big names. Ive had £100 cash back off them this year - they bung it in your pay pal account - they take a fiver a year sub out of your cash back. Its brill. You even get 10p for doing a Kelkoo search! http://www*quidco*com/ When you go to quidco and then use the link to your chosen supplier it tells you how much cash back you can get by using the link. With ancestry you get 15% back. (Ancestrys £80 now isnt it - so thats £12 saved)

Gerry

Gerry Report 30 Jan 2007 21:59

Thanks Heather, Will try this site. Gerry

Heather

Heather Report 30 Jan 2007 22:05

Its a brilliant site - no catches, you simply get cash back for using the links to the suppliers on there (about 1300 companies I think).

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 30 Jan 2007 23:31

Thanks for that Heather - I could do with some cashback!! Mary

angie2405

angie2405 Report 31 Jan 2007 08:25

I've just had a look at the site. You can even save £4.00 on your membership to Genes ! Guess who has just joined quidco :) Angie

Heather

Heather Report 31 Jan 2007 09:15

LOL, I saw that £4 cash back from Genes too! Im hoping they dont have a proviso that you are a new sub. When my ancestry sub runs out in April I shall go through quidco for the 15% discount - with a different email handy in case there is a proviso at the end of the sign up with ancestry! I think its unlikely though as its not actually a 'discount' offer its a cash back for using quidco links. The hardest part is remembering always to go to quidco for anything you want to buy first. I ordered a lot of stuff from mothercare last week on line and after Id ordered I could have kicked myself as I could have got about a tenner cash back if Id gone through the quidco link. For all money saving ideas, do use Martin Lewis' Money site - he is the guy always on tv showing people how to save money and he started the Bank Charges campaign etc. I got the quidco site from there and Ive saved hundreds of pounds through his suggestions - simple things like using a cash back credit card and also complaining if they charge you for being a day late or something paying your credit card bill (Saved £30 for a phone call on that one!). Just google Martin Lewis Money and sign up for his newsletter.

Grandma6

Grandma6 Report 31 Jan 2007 09:37

I`ve just had a look. It`s worth a try. Nana

Suein10b

Suein10b Report 31 Jan 2007 10:21

Heather Thank you bookmarked for later Sue

Terry

Terry Report 31 Jan 2007 10:47

Great tip! I was just about to take out an Ancestry subscription so I know what I will be doing first! Terry

Just Jill x

Just Jill x Report 31 Jan 2007 11:59

nudge for later

Barry/Pam

Barry/Pam Report 31 Jan 2007 12:30

nice one Heather nudge for later...Barry

Lancashire_Lady

Lancashire_Lady Report 31 Jan 2007 12:40

nudge - Thanks, what a good tip!

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 31 Jan 2007 13:31

Thanks Heather - bookmarking for later. Kath. x

Susan

Susan Report 31 Jan 2007 13:38

Nudging to keep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Thanks Heather Susan

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 31 Jan 2007 16:09

I recommend Greasypalm*co*uk, same kind of thing, hundreds of sites on there, plus they send a cheque, so no losing £5 to PayPal.

Trudy

Trudy Report 31 Jan 2007 17:56

nudge for later

Heather

Heather Report 31 Jan 2007 19:19

Nudge to find again!

Heather

Heather Report 31 Jan 2007 20:11

Had to update you - just got a newsletter from Martin Lewis - apparently people are getting up to £100 cash back by buying their car or other insurance through quidco at the moment.

Heather

Heather Report 31 Jan 2007 20:13

Liz I did have greasypalm, but I found it much more complicated than quidco - quidco seems very easy to use - well, it is very easy. I got fed up with all the emails from greasypalm - the only email I get re quidco is when they tell me they are putting the dosh in my account. BTW, you can actually now get it put straight into your bank account rather than paypal.