Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death look up in Scotland please(sorry new info Up

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 18:48

Hi, could someone look up the death of Arthur Mcpherson in 2006 please. What i want to know is if his middle name is Conner as i have found a birth with Arthur Conner Mcdiarmid which Mcdiarmid was his mums maiden name at the time and later she married and he changed his name to Mcpherson. Hope that sounds not to confusing. Thanks

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 21 Jul 2008 19:02

Do not appear to be getting any matches for 2006 using Arthur with McPherson, MacPherson, Mcdiarmid or McDiarmid.

but as you already know it costs to view the results on SP

Using just surname of Mcdiarmid says 10 matches for 2006 - using initial of A reduces that to 5

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 19:05

Thanks glitter baby it could possibly be 2005 and i have run out of credits now, thanks for looking

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 19:07

It should be down as Mcpherson though as that was the name he lived with all his life. Apart from when he was born of course

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 21 Jul 2008 19:08

Sorry but I have no credits left.

If you are registered with SP then you can do a free search but that only tells you how many matches

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 19:09

Ok, thanks for your help.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 21 Jul 2008 19:11

Have a play around with the searches using maiden name and birth year etc as it might narrow it down a bit.

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 19:18

Thanks i will.

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 19:27

There are no Arthur McPherson deaths between 2003 and 2006 on Scotlands People.

Betty

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 19:36

Hi Betty i have found 2 with the soundex on in 2005 but it doesnt tell me the result without any credit.

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 19:43

Hi Debbie,

If you used Soundex on the name McPherson there still isn't anything 2005 or 2006, or are you useing soundex on the name Arthur?

Betty

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 19:44

I'm using it under Mcpherson and i have Arthur down as well.

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 19:48

Well this will come up with people who are not McPherson surname but are also not called Arthur, are you sure he was called Arthur?.

Betty

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 19:49

I havent put Mcdiarmid in, i don't know if thats what you have done

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 19:52

Oh i see, yes he was known as Arthur unless he had that changed along the years but it is my boyfriends uncle and he went to the funeral and was aware his name was Arthur at the time

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 19:53

Well this is what you get with soundex not even close thats what I was trying to tell you!!

Surname / Maiden Name Forename Mother's Surname Other Surnames Sex Age District City/County/MR GROS Data Image Extract
1 2005 MCFARLANE ARTHUR Not Permissible M 83 STIRLING (STIRLING) /STIRLING 473/00 0138 No Image ORDER
2 2005 MCGOVERN ARTHUR Not Permissible M 83 FORT WILLIAM AND BALLACHULISH /HIGHLAND 239/00 0094 No Image ORDER

Click here for printer-friendly version

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 19:56

Thanks Betty, i don't understand it he died a few years ago so i don't know why there is no record of it, i will have to get my boyfriend to find out more from his mum but that side of the tree is very complicated but i'm sure there is an answer for it, thanks for your help. Debbie

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 19:58

Hi Debbie,

Everyone thinks that sometimes you just think it was a few years ago maybe 3 or 4 when it could be 7 or 8 years ago.

Where was the funeral then??

Betty

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 20:01

it was in Dalmuir

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 21 Jul 2008 20:04

Hi Debbie,

Could this be the one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Differnt spelling of surname!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 2002 MCDERMOTT ARTHUR Not Permissible M 74 GLASGOW (MARTHA ST) GLASGOW/GLASGOW CITY 601/00 0560 No Image ORDER

Not permitted to see mothers name!!!!!