Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GRO certificates

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jun 2008 14:23

Can I take it that they are not sticking to the estimated date of despatch at the moment?

Ann
Glos

unsub

unsub Report 6 Jun 2008 14:25

I've been waiting nearly 4 weeks for one. I presume there has been some problem with it - have emailed them but with their 9 days to reply thing I'm not holding my breath.

xx

:) still smiling :)

:) still smiling :) Report 6 Jun 2008 14:32

i ordered some monday with date of despatch today- i'll just have to wait and see, but i am so impatient i want them the moment i order them anyway.

Hapiun

Hapiun Report 6 Jun 2008 14:39

I ordered some certs on Thursday 29th May and have just got them today so they took just about a week to come....although i wish i hadn't bothered after looking at them..Argh!
Pamx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jun 2008 14:40

Mine had a despatch date of 4th June but I assume it could be 2nd class so is the post! I a impatient too as I am not sure it is the right one - I had 2 the same name and place to choose between.

Merlin38

Merlin38 Report 6 Jun 2008 16:14

The last 2 I ordered were both scheduled to arrive last Friday. One arrived on the due day, the second one arrived the next day.

Valerie

Valerie Report 6 Jun 2008 19:29

I have ordered 6 at one time, and all arrived at different dates and took longer than the stated delivery time.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jun 2008 21:36

thanks everyone.

Ann
Glos

Valerie

Valerie Report 6 Jun 2008 21:45

Hello Ann just an add on to all the answers you've had, there has been a problem at the source asthey have a huge backlog, so I've been told by them after waiting nearly a month for a cert, but I'm glad to say it arrived today. It's something to do with the fact that since the begining of April they have amalgamated with the passport office !!!!!
Valerie

Maureen

Maureen Report 7 Jun 2008 14:24

I ordered 2 on 27th May. Both had a despatch date of 2nd June.
One arrived on 4th, and the other on 5th - both posted 2nd class.
Maureen

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 7 Jun 2008 14:58

strange they appear to be trying to save postage money by folding certs into halfsized envelopes............yet sent several certs out in seperate postings.....

Sarah

Sarah Report 7 Jun 2008 15:12

I ordered one back in April which never arrived, I gave up on getting a respnse and just ordered it again last month. It arrived within a week that time but it was completely the wrong certificate!! I finally got through to someone and received the correct one today, another week on, but no refund for the fact I paid twice. Bah.

Still, they are cheap.

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 7 Jun 2008 15:35

I ordered 2 on the 30th May with a despatch date of the 5th June have not received either yet hope they will arrive on Monday

Margaret

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 7 Jun 2008 18:46

I ordered a marriage cerificate which arrived late. Unfortunately, it was the wrong one, so I sent it back as per imstructions and waited. I chased it last Thursday, they are taking two weeks for wrong certificates because of the numbers involved. I was not impressed. Surely, it would have been better to get it right in the first place!!

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 9 Jun 2008 11:21

I received one of the certificates today that had a despatch day of the 5th June hope I get the other one tomorrow

Margaret x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Jun 2008 15:39

The death cert I ordered was due despatch 4th June and I received it on the 7th so can't complain really.

Ann
Glos

Mark

Mark Report 9 Jun 2008 17:38

i live in Southport and very oftent he certificates come well before the dispact date.

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 9 Jun 2008 18:23

I'm in Northern Ireland & have to say mine are coming within a week :))

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 9 Jun 2008 18:52

Mine take 3-4 weeks to arrive here, must say though they seem to be dated estimated dispatch date.

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 10 Jun 2008 11:28

Well postman has been and I have not got the other certificate I ordered on the 31st May got one yesterday I don't see why they can't send them out together

Margaret