Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

another link for 1891 lookup

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sally

Sally Report 31 Dec 2003 06:18

I am willing to do 1891 lookups also, have Vital Records 65 CD's and Pedigree records, still getting used to using them but, will do my best to help anyone.

Yvette

Yvette Report 31 Dec 2003 07:45

Hi Sally Could you please do a look up for me? I would like an 1891 lookup for Harriett Excell aged about 60, her son Alfred age30 and daughter Fanny 24 if possible. Up to 1881 they were all living at the Cottage, Goudhurst, Kent, and i am interested in anyone living with them if they are still there. Thanks. Also, I am trying to track down the maiden name of someone, i dont know if your Cd's will cover what i am trying to find but i am asking in hope. I am trying to find the maiden name of Sarah Streeter, her birthplace is Goudhurst, Kent and she married James Streeter in the 1870-1875 period i believe. His parents were William and Sarah Streeter and they all lived in Croydon, Surrey. I am guessing the date of marriage as they had a son James in 1874/5 and a daughter Ada in 1878/9. Thankyou for your time in looking at this and Happy New Year! Regards Yvette

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 31 Dec 2003 10:15

Hello Sally, please could you check for Thomas and Emma/Susan Lock(e) age 58 and 38 and their children George age 24 and Harry age 23 on the 1891 census? They lived in Portsea, Hants in 1881. Many many thanks. Helen :))) P.S. Yvette, I live about 15 mins from Goudhurst.

Stuart

Stuart Report 31 Dec 2003 11:56

Hi Sally Could you do a look up on a Mary Richards please. She was born in 1890 and lived in Brecon - possibly Llanfaes or Llanspyddid. Her parents were William and Ann and she had a brother William and sisters Annie and Maggie. Many, many thanks Stuart

Sally

Sally Report 31 Dec 2003 14:19

I have seen your 3 messages please bear with you be back in hour or so.

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 31 Dec 2003 14:54

Sally, Could you do a lookup for me on the 1891 census please. John Archer would be abt 42, born Evenwood Durham with wife Eveline age abt 36. On 1881 census they were living in Somers Rd, Godalming, surrey, I would ideally like to know any others in the household and if they were still at the same address. Thanks for your help Kim

Sally

Sally Report 31 Dec 2003 16:53

Yvette Found a Harriett Excell but, she was aged 50 living with a Thomas who was a Farm Baliff also living there was Thomas son aged 15, will do more searching later.

Sally

Sally Report 31 Dec 2003 16:57

Helen, Could not find Thomas on 1891, found 6 George but, wrong ages. also Harry again think it is the wrong age this Harry age 37 living with Mary wife and sons, Harry age 11 William aged 9 and Walter aged 8. will carry on searching. Sally.

Yvette

Yvette Report 31 Dec 2003 18:45

Hi Sally Thanks for that, it isnt the Harriet t i am looking for, however it is another Harriett that i have been looking into from Kent, so i will file it away for future reference. Regards Yvette

Maureen

Maureen Report 31 Dec 2003 19:08

Hi Sally could you please look up a Thomas Jenkinson born Upleatham Yrks.He would be 67 in 1891. In 1901 he lived at 61 Townsend Ave. Devenport. Ecclesiastical parish St Marks Ford Regards Maureen

Sally

Sally Report 31 Dec 2003 22:02

Happy New Year Kim, John Archer age 43 Eveline age 36 Leonard A Lambert Nephew age 9 Living in Hare Lane Godalming Surrey.

Sally

Sally Report 31 Dec 2003 22:38

Maureen, Having great difficultly finding Thomas on 1891 census, Went onto 1881 census found a Thomas born 1832 Upleatham Yorks living with Elizabeth age 51 Hannah age 18 James age 16 Warrington age 11 and Mark age 9. could not find any of them on 1891. Really strange? Will keep hunting for you. as you can see the time, so think I will have a tipple now and relax. Happy New Year Sally.

Michaela

Michaela Report 31 Dec 2003 23:03

Hi Sally, Could you possibly look up Charles, his wife Margaret and son Ernest Tappin who in 1891 lived at 23 Brunswick Street, Shoreditch,London/Middlesex. I would like to know if their is anyone else at that address. Also, if you have time, Charles and Elizabeth Lewis. In 1891 he would be about 32/3 years and Elizabeth 26/7years in the London/Middlesex area possibly Bethnal Green or Shoreditch. (in 1885 he was at 23 Baxendale Street and a wheelwright and she (maiden name Baker, at 31 Shipton Street Bethnal Green). If e-mailing back replies please send to [email protected] many thanks Michaela

Sally

Sally Report 31 Dec 2003 23:13

Michaela Will do but, might not do it till morning, going to have a little drink now and relax. Happy New Year Sally.

Sally

Sally Report 1 Jan 2004 06:16

Micaela, Happy New Year, Have found Charles Tappin age 26 living with Margaret aged 26 also, Violet daughter age 6, Flora age 2 and Ernest age 2 or 2months there is a big pencil mark over his age. As for Charles and Elizabeth Lewis that is going to take a little more time, there is 1000's but, we will get there. Hope you had a good evening. Sally.

Michaela

Michaela Report 1 Jan 2004 11:25

Happy New Year Sally, I really appreciate this. That is the right family Ernest was born 1891, were they at 23 Brunswick Street? Also (if you are not inundated) Could you possibly look up Minnie Elizabeth Webb? I'm finding it impossible to get ANY info. on her. On what I believe is her marriage cert to my grandad (Charles David Bates)in 1902 they are both 22 and her dad is Charles Webb (but then his father is listed as David and I know he was Thomas!). She is not the one born in St Saviour (I sent for the birth cert and her father is William John Webb). My family all seem to be around the Bethnal Green, Haggerstone, Shoreditch etc. areas of Middlesex(London). Sorry to ramble but trying to make it clearer! Many thanks Regards M

Maureen

Maureen Report 1 Jan 2004 19:30

Thanks Sally I have found that Thomas and family.This Thomas is a rellie. Didn't know he was married untill I found him in 1901 and was a widow. Many thanks for your time for looking. Happy New Year and Regards Maureen

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 1 Jan 2004 21:52

Hi Sally, Could you look up the following?: James Waller, born 1821, Lilley, Hertfordshire Emma Waller, born 1829, Stopsley, Bedfordshire Arther Waller, born 1851, Stopsley, Bedfordshire Frederick Waller, born 1857, Stopsley, Bedfordshire Emily Waller, born 1866, Stopsley, Bedfordshire Thank you for your kind offer Lucia

Jackie

Jackie Report 1 Jan 2004 21:57

Hello Sally Thank you so much for your kind offer Please could you look up for Surrey Edward West aged 30 Kennington, Lambeth. Also another Edward West and family aged 27 for the same area ,married to Jane I think(although she is 36) Many thanks Jackie

Roy

Roy Report 1 Jan 2004 21:59

Sally, First, a really big thank you, I have for a long while tried to find my grandfather's parent & siblings. My Grandfather was Charles Henry Jones, born 1885 in Welshpool Montgomery his Birth certificate gives his Father as Robert JONES & mother Elizabeth JONES formerly SWAIN. On the 1901 census Charles Henry is 15 years old & lodging in Shropshire & gives his birthplace as Pool Quay Montg. I was hoping the 1891 would show him at home with his family. I would then be able to identify them & find them on other census records. roy.rust at lineone.net