Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 middlesex census now available

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sally

Sally Report 27 Jan 2004 06:55

anyone want a search for this census?

Chris

Chris Report 27 Jan 2004 08:40

Hi Sally, Is this the same as the 1871 London census or different. Is it searched by name or address? Thanks Christine

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jan 2004 10:17

Hello Sally Appreciatre your help I am looking for a Richard Chantler, he was 19 in the 1881 census living in St Pancras - all the Chantlers I have found are pianoforte tuners. Appreciate the smallest Regards Linda

Janet

Janet Report 27 Jan 2004 10:25

Yes please Sally Could you look up RICHARD BARRY bn Deptford 1861 please Janet xxx

Chris

Chris Report 27 Jan 2004 18:20

Hi Sally, Could you please look for William Mantle b c1837 St Martin in Fields Middlesex. On 1881 census he was at 120 Andover Rd London Middlesex with his family. Thanks Christine

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 27 Jan 2004 18:35

Hi, Can you look for: William Gorbold, born 1850, Norton Folgate Matilda Gorbold, born 1847, Rotherhithe, Surrey William Gorbold, born 1819, Spitalfields Mary Gorbold, born 1815, Spitalfields Elizabeth Gorbold, born 1853, Norton Folgate Alice Gorbold, born 1864, Norton Folgate thank you for your help Lucia

Deborah

Deborah Report 27 Jan 2004 18:58

please can you try to locate the Askew family for me. I have details from the 1881 census as follows: John Askew Head widowed age 50 born Clerkenwell coppersmith Henry Askew son age 20 born St Pancras Coppersmith Augustus Askew son age 17 born St Pancras Minnie Askew daur age 14 born St Pancras Lydia Askew daur age 10 born St Pancras Herbert Plummer Nephew age 16 born St Pancras MAry Ann Barger Serv female age 21 born St PAncras Address in 1881 was 178 Drummond Street Any help would be much appreciated . Debbie

Irene

Irene Report 27 Jan 2004 19:29

Hi Sally. Thank you for your very generous offer. I am looking for a Matthew Taylor who married Sarah Bouchard 23 Nov 1799 Saint Dunstan, Stepney. Children were James William Taylor ch 18 March 1810 Walthamstow, Essex, William Taylor c 2 Nov 1800 Spitalfields Christ Church, Stepney, London and a John William Taylor c 9 April 1815 Spitalfields Christ Church,Stepney, London. Any help would be very much appreciated. Irene in NZ

Sarah

Sarah Report 27 Jan 2004 19:48

Hi Sally, Thanks for the offer. Please could you look up James George b.1838 in Bethnal Green. He may have been living at 23 Somerford (Summerford) Street, BG with wife Ann and several children. He was a tin plate worker. Would love to know what children were there (many died in childhood) and whether there were any parents or in-laws with them. I am also looking for Sarah Ann Preston b.1865 at 1 Flints Court, Bethnal Green so hopefully still there. Her father was called John and her mother Sarah Ann. I don't know of any siblings but am sure that there must be some. Thank you very much for any help that you can give me. Best wishes, Sarah

Sally

Sally Report 28 Jan 2004 05:53

going to search for all these now. Stand by.

Sally

Sally Report 28 Jan 2004 06:47

did not think I would get so many requests, Have tried hard, going to put you all on this message, any queries email me direct please. answer frst mess. finding on ancestry!!!! Richard Chantler. there are two one age 21 lodger other head age 54 will search more for you. Richard Barry only one I could find was age 5 born glos. William Mantle married to Mary ??? william age 58 Mary age 58 nurse Susan tew grandaughter 11 Elizabeth " 15 Joseph Mantel 44 Ann sister 43 Mary niece 13 Louisa " 11 all born middlesex William Gorbold 41 House painter Matilda 43 born rotherhithe Herbert 18 finsbury Alfred 16 Hexton Edith 14 Bermondsey Horace 12 " Alice 10 Rotherhithe Amy 8 Rotherhyde Grace 5 Bethnal green these were thrown up on 1891 census Askew. John only one came up age 14 he was servent Henry, Augustus, Lydia and Herbert Plummer no luck. Mary Ann Berger came up with two but, they were channel islands. Mathew Taylor 30 came up for 1891 census Sarah age 71 came up Hope I have not left anyone out, as I said any ???? please email me, then I can print off to look at.

Alan

Alan Report 28 Jan 2004 07:47

Hi Sally Could you please check for Doughty's at 19 Fairbank St London Middx. Fairbank St seems to be in the Tottenham area and for Coopers at 4 Cross St Islington Middx Thanks Alan

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 28 Jan 2004 07:59

Hi Sally Could you look for James (Mallard) Cronk, Hampstead. In later census he was always Mallard, but his parents were Cronk and he should be with them at this date. Many thanks Suzanne

Shirley

Shirley Report 28 Jan 2004 08:32

Hi Sally Please could you see if you have a NEWMAN family living Britiannia Gardens Hoxton Bethnal Green. In 1872 they were living no 3 or 5. Also John INMAN might be at 9 Britiannia gardens he would have been about 19. Thank you Shirley

Gill

Gill Report 28 Jan 2004 09:04

Hello Sally, Could you please see if you can locate a Louisa Humphryes born c. 1855 in Finsbury. No other details I'm afraid With fingers crossed, Gill

Chris

Chris Report 28 Jan 2004 11:10

Thanks Sally for the Mantle lookup, don't think it ties in to the William Mantle that I am looking for - he was married to Jane Bren. I will keep them on my file as there aren't that many Mantles - they might tie in somehow. Thanks again, Christine

Donald

Donald Report 28 Jan 2004 23:50

Thankyou for your very kind offer Sally. I would be very grateful if you would have a look for my ggrandfather - William James Moore born c1867 probably in Bethnal Green. I have found him on 1901 census but was married then. What I would like to know is the name of his father - on 1901 census I have found his mother Elizabeth but she was a widow then and cannot find who his father was. Thank you so much for your help. Jackie

Irene

Irene Report 29 Jan 2004 04:54

Hi Sally Thank you for the lookup. It is very much appreciated. Irene

Sally

Sally Report 29 Jan 2004 06:49

Alan!!! Please could you give me a christian name to go on, this is done by census. thank you.

Alan

Alan Report 29 Jan 2004 08:00

Sally sorry should have said. Could you please check for Susanna, Thomas, Emily Jane or Caroline Doughty at 19 Fairbank St London Middx. Fairbank St seems to be in the Tottenham area and for William or John Cooper at 4 Cross St Islington Middx Thanks Alan