Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can do 1841 & 1861 Middlesex Census Lookups.

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 12 Nov 2004 10:45

Please bear in mind that this does not cover London areas. I need ADDRESS, PLACE and NAMES of the people you want looked up in middlesex to search and STATE CLEARLY which census you would like a lookup from. Please NOTE: These censuses are NOT NAME searchable. thanks.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 12 Nov 2004 11:04

Hello Can you please look for High Street, Little Stanmore Edgware, in 1841 (they didnt appear to have a house/shop number in 1861) for Truman Frenchum, wife Barbara and children. Many thanks Sheila

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 12 Nov 2004 11:27

Thanks for the kind offer Siobhan. I have this family from the 1861 census Park Lodge South Mimms Henry Walker 55 Ag Lab b Ridge Sarah Walker 53 b Stevenage William Walker 25 Ag Lab b South Mimms Edmund Walker 13 Ag Lab b South Mimms Please could you have a look on the 1841 for me. Thanks Jeanette x

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 12 Nov 2004 12:01

Hi Sheila, Here you go. Doesn't give any address details, just shows them in Little Stanmore. Also don't forget in 1841, the ages were narrowed to the nearest 5. Truman Frenchum age 35 general dealer born in county Barbara Frenchum age 35 not born in county Sarah age 14 born in county Susan age 11 born in county Thomas age 8 born in county regards, Siobhan

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 12 Nov 2004 12:17

Hi Jeanette, Here you go, Dugdale Hill, South Mimms again don't forget ages where rounded down to the nearest 5 years in 1841 Henry Walker age 30 ag lab born in county Sarah Walker age 30 not born in county Charles age 10 ag lab born in county George age 8 born in county William age 5 born in county James age 3 born in county Henry age 1 born in county there is also a Ann Allen in the household age 60 not born in county, could it be Sarah's mother?

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 12 Nov 2004 12:29

Thankyou very much Siobhan. That's brilliant! Yes that is Sarah's mother Thanks once again Jeanette x

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 12 Nov 2004 13:24

Thanks very much Siobhan Sheila

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 13 Nov 2004 12:48

Maureen, it must be your lucky day, as they was only a few pages in on the 1841 census for Harmondsworth district. Don't forget adults ages were rounded to nearest 5 years. Living at Longford, Robert Groves age 45, (can't work out occupation looks like L.E.) born in county Jane Groves age 35 not born in county Sarah age 14 born in county Jane age 11 born in county George age 8 born in county James age 7 born in county William age 5 born in county Elizabeth age 2 born in county Charlotte age 3 months born in county.

Trudi

Trudi Report 13 Nov 2004 13:16

Siobhan I am not sure if the following address is in Middlesex however I thought I would give it a go. If possible could you please check at No 38 Weston St Bermondesy for a Samuel Edwards and family. I am still learning about London and it's districts so please forgive a novice if I have the wrong area. Many thanks Trudi

mab

mab Report 13 Nov 2004 15:33

Hi Siobhan, I have a person on a census born at "Ofspring,Middlesex" in the early 1800s. I can't find such a place now, Please could you look in the index for 1841 to see if an Ofspring or similar place existed? Thank you, Marian

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 13 Nov 2004 16:28

Hi Shiela looking for Samuel Mead born abt 1837 Highgate on the 1841 census the address i have for him in 1861 is on the missing pages so hoping you might be able to find him on the 1841 for me aged about 4 in the Highgate area his fathers name is Edmund thats all the info i have on him if you can help this will help me trace Edmund any help greatfuly recieved Lorraine

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 13 Nov 2004 18:30

Trudi, Sorry, but Bermondsey is not covered by middlesex, it will be under the London census or maybe Surrey. regards, Siobhan

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 13 Nov 2004 18:33

Hi Marian, sorry cannot see anything that matches Ofspring. regards, Siobhan

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 13 Nov 2004 18:34

Hi Lorraine, Unfortunately Highgate is not covered by the Middlesex census, think it may come under the London census. regards, Siobhan

Hannah

Hannah Report 13 Nov 2004 19:34

Hi Siobahn, I don't know if this area is classed as Middlesex here - wherever I look I have it under a different county. Coblin (or Cobden) End Farm, Coblin End, Waltham Holy Cross. (Charles Ellis) Copthall Green, Waltham Abbey. (John or William Ellis) I'd be very grateful if you could find the names of the others living at the address if it is classed as Middlesex. Thanks, Hannah

mab

mab Report 13 Nov 2004 19:41

Thank you for checking for me Siobhan Marian

Sally

Sally Report 13 Nov 2004 20:24

Hi and thanks for your kind offer, As I know not where they were living I was wondering if you could please keep an eye out for the Danaher name when you are doing 1841 lookups. Many thanks again Sally

Frank

Frank Report 13 Nov 2004 21:07

Hello: Could you please check the 1841 & 1861 Census for Little Windmill Street, Westminster, Middlesex. I am interested in any Boultons or Blackburns listed. Thanks.

Trudi

Trudi Report 13 Nov 2004 22:28

Thanks Siobhan for looking Regards Trudi

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 13 Nov 2004 23:01

Lorna, Sorry checked Horton Bridge, there was no William and Mary Piggott. regards, Siobhan