Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1837 look up wanted pretty plz?

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 13 Jan 2005 23:44

Im looking for Annie Matilda OVERS birth 1885. I have looked in all the places I know but she's hiding! I have someone that can give me LOADS of info on the family but we need her birth cert to make sure, also this could open doors for this other persons tree....Annie was married in Walsall so assume birth was also Walsall.... Fingers/toes/legs crossed!!! Gerri x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Jan 2005 23:47

For some reason 1837online isn't on at the moment. I'll try to remember to have a look when it comes back on. Kath. x

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 13 Jan 2005 23:49

Thanks ever so Kath....This one seems to be more important than them all put together lol We have LOADS all waiting for just this one. Gerri x

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Jan 2005 23:52

Gerri She isn't in 1885 anywhere babe Will check back end of 1884 Lou

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Jan 2005 23:52

The site is back on, must be playing up tonight. I've looked in all quarters of 1885 and she isn't there. Are you sure of her year of birth, or are you going by a census record? Kath. x

Mary

Mary Report 13 Jan 2005 23:54

Not found in 1884 either on 1837online Mary

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 13 Jan 2005 23:55

On her tomb stone her year of death was 1946 aged 61. Both April

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Jan 2005 23:55

Have checked the first three quarters of 1884 and she's not there

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 13 Jan 2005 23:58

is it possible that she was NEVER reg???? if so...is there any other way I can get her cert?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Jan 2005 23:58

I wouldn't trust tombstones. My grandmother's says she was 44 years old and I spent two years looking for her birth certificate, and it turns out she was actually only 42, because she had spent all her life pretending to be older, and my grandfather pretending to be younger than he was, to disguise the fact that there was actually 19 years age difference between them.

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Jan 2005 23:58

Have checked all of 1886 and she's not there

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Jan 2005 23:59

Gerri Birth reg was compulsary after 1875 so assuming she didn't lie outrageously about her age, she should have been registered somewhere Lou

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 14 Jan 2005 00:01

My Mum visited that grave every month after nursing her with cancer..surly my mum would have noticed the age being wrong! gggrrr this is doing my head in! lol

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Jan 2005 00:03

Your mum might not have known the age was wrong. My mum thought that her mum WAS 44 when she died, as that is what she had always been told.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 14 Jan 2005 00:05

Im waiting for our friend mr postie to deliver the marriage cert any day. Dont suppose that will give me anything?

Crista

Crista Report 14 Jan 2005 00:06

Gerri, Have you found her on a census or do you know of any other family members? Crista

Mary

Mary Report 14 Jan 2005 00:07

On 1891 census there is an entry for Matilda Annie Over age 6 born Short Heath ,Staffs.She is a visitor with the Downs family,which comprises,Joseph 32 Coal miner,Sarah Ann 21 Wife and William John age 1.All the Downs family were born in Short Heath. Could this be her?? Mary

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 14 Jan 2005 00:07

Crista...I have found the marriage 1904 to George henry FORD. This is the 1st OVERS I have....

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Jan 2005 00:09

My grandmothers marriage certificate says she is 28 when she was actually 23, and my grandfather says he is 39 when he was 42 (have both of their birth and death certificates which prove they just lied). It doesn't help when you are trying to find them though does it???

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 14 Jan 2005 00:10

Constance... Thats the best shot so far!!!! I know she was the eldest of 7 children....so you never know! I'll have to look see where that place is next to Walsall....