Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does anyone need a Yorkshire 1851 look up this aft

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 5 Apr 2005 11:40

HI all, i am off work today and got absolutely nothing to do so if anyone would like a Yorkshire 1851 look up let me know the details and i shall have a look. Regards, Claire

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Apr 2005 11:57

Hi Claire, If you wouldn't mind having a look for a William and Elizabeth Suttron. They were probably in the village of Sessay, North Yorkshire (nr. Thirsk). Other census information just gives address as Sessay Village. William was born about 1819, possibly Sessay, and Elizabeth about 1816 in Topcliffe. They are a married couple. Thanks in advance for your trouble. Kath. x

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 5 Apr 2005 12:19

Hi Kathleen, There was only one person with the surname of Suttron that i could find in Sessay and he was on his own. William Suttron - Head - Age 33 - Small Farmer - born Sessay. Is this your man? Regards, Claire

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 5 Apr 2005 12:20

Hi June, Found your John but not Robert in Gilling. John Easton - Head - age 47 - Tailor Elizabeth Easton - Wife - age 35 John Fothergill - Lodger - Age 12 - Scholar - born Acklam Henry Mason - Lodger - Age 2 - born Gilling. Hope this helps. Regards Claire

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 5 Apr 2005 12:22

Hi Claire, do you have as far as Darlington? I have some Heseldine's I need finding there.

June

June Report 5 Apr 2005 12:23

hi claire thank you for look up June

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Apr 2005 12:27

Hi Claire, That looks like my William, as Suttron is not a very common name. Did it say whether he was married or not, even if there was no wife with him (just that it will narrow down my search for his marriage to Elizabeth). Thanks very much Kath. x

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 5 Apr 2005 12:28

Hi Tracy I am sorry but i dont have Darlington, i am not sure but i think it is on the Durham census. Regards Claire

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 5 Apr 2005 12:29

I thought it would be. Never mind :) I'll think of someone else you can find for me lol Oohh... how about Siddle's in Ripon? The one I wanted, I have - Robert. He's in Leeds in 1851. I need the rest of his family, which I don't yet have. If you're very bored, would you mind looking in both Ripon and Leeds for me please?

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 5 Apr 2005 12:34

Hi Kath, Just looked at him again and he is married according to the census. Wife and possible children must have gone visiting for the night. Regards Claire

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 5 Apr 2005 12:35

Hi Kim, Do you have your Longstaff family on the 61 at all? Are they in Topcliffe in 71? I have them in Middlesbrough in 81. Where is best for me to search, would it be Topcliffe or Croft? Regards, Claire

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Apr 2005 12:37

Hi Please could you lookup any Clifford's or Wormleighton's in Bridlington Quay?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Apr 2005 12:39

Thanks very much for that Claire. At least I can now concentrate my search for the marriage before 1851. The only child I know about up to now is my great grandfather who was not born until 1857, so there may be children before him. I'm very grateful to you for your help. Kath. x

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 5 Apr 2005 12:41

Hi Sheila, I do have Sheffield but without and address it would be impossible to search. The 1851 is not name indexed so it is a case of trawling through places. Do you have a possible address at all that i could look at for you? Regards Claire

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 5 Apr 2005 12:47

hi claire thankyou for your kind offer james and ann outram in rawmarsh children are eliza c 1847 and george c1848 also robert myers in ferrybridge robert was born abt 1847 susie

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 5 Apr 2005 12:48

Hi Tracy, Leeds also is not possible to search without an address. Leave Ripon with me, its large and spread all over different pages but i will go through it for you. Regards, Claire

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Apr 2005 12:48

Hi Claire, Could I be greedy and ask for another look up please. Wondered if Elizabeth Suttron might be with relatives in Topcliffe (just in case there are children with her that I don't know about). Thanks very much. Her maiden name was Gibson, so she might be with Gibsons. Kath. x

Stephen

Stephen Report 5 Apr 2005 13:03

Afternoon Clare, If you haven't had enough already.... I'd be grateful if you could have a look for William Ross in the Elsecar area of Barnsley. He was born in Elsecar, in 1835, according to the 1871 census and went on to live in Hoyland when he was married. I'm afraid I know nothing else about the family to help ID him, only his age and place of birth. Thanks Steve

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 5 Apr 2005 13:16

Thanks Claire :)

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 5 Apr 2005 13:26

Hi Hayley, I have found these, hope they are of some use. St John Street, bridlington William Wormleighton - Head - 45 - Broker Agent Dealer Hannah Wormleighton - Wife - 55 Thomas Wormleighton - Son - 21 - Broker Agent Dealer Sarah J Wormleighton - Daur - 17 All born Bridlington Brunswick Cottage, Bridlington Quay Mary Ann Clifford - Daur in Law - age 5 - Scholar - born Bridlington. Is living with a Lyon Family. Bridlington Road James Clifford - Head - 47 - Cordwainer - born Leeds Elizabeth Clifford - Wife - 36 - born Bridlington Abigail Clifford - Daur - 4 - Born Bridlington Over the Clough Clarence Wormleighton - Head - 75 - Farm Labourer - born Northampton Ann Wormleighton - Wife - 49 - born Beverley. Regards Claire